5.0 out of 5 stars I am very happy with it
As an older person I like simple and that is just what you get from this radio.
It's simple to set up, just unpack, plug it in and switch on. The clock sets it's self from the radio time signal and it tunes in all the available stations without pressing a button. You need to read the handbook to set up the pre-set stations you want to use, but that's just about the...
Published on 23 Jan. 2013 by watchman

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Item!
Sorry, I am usually a big fan of Roberts gear, but this just does not work. The DAB is fine, as you'd expect, and the sound on the CD is surprisingly 3D considering the size of the cube, but the CD player malfunctions. I sent it back and got a replacement, because I was so sure Roberts would not make a duffer, but the replacement had exactly the same faults so in the end...
Published 14 months ago by Ric Cheyney

‹ Previous | 111 12 1326 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - just what I wanted, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Roberts Sound38 CD/DAB/FM Stereo Clock Radio with CD Bookmark (Electronics)
This device provides just the features I wanted, It comes with a clear manual. I feared that its filament aerial might not work well where I wanted to use the device (I have had trouble with other radios), but it was fine. No problems to report.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 9 Dec. 2013
Really quick delivery and the sound is great.. Easy to set up as it does it all itself when you switch it on.. Worth it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived very quickly Roberts CD DAB, 7 Dec. 2013
I purchased this for my wifes Xmas present so have only just inspected it and it looks great, litte bit worried about the loose wire aireal as I think a Telescopic type may be better but its nice and compact and I'am sure she will be pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts cube, 3 Dec. 2013
Compact cd/ DAB radio good sound for the size and picks up DAB stations without any fuss all done automatically

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal size Roberts radio/cd player, 1 Dec. 2013
HEIDI (STAFFORD ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This was bought for my husband. It fit nicely on the kitchen window sill and was very easy to tune it. The cd player is a useful addition for the grand children to listen to stories during meal times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this radio, 27 Nov. 2013
Wow what can I say about this radio, but speak from the heart & say its BRILlIANT please buy, bought this to replace our last Roberts alarm clock which had sadly died a death of working continuously for ten long years. This updated one has lovely clean lines & is easy peasy to operate a real must buy

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't find it easy to pre-program the stations though, 26 Nov. 2013
Mr. P. Egan - See all my reviews
Does the job as a radio for the bedroom. Didn't find it easy to pre-program the stations though. Think that the button necessary for the operation is a bit temperamental. If you stick your tongue in the corner of your mouth it seems to work (only joking!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 23 Nov. 2013
I use this (two of them in different rooms in fact) as a DAB radio, and it works very well - good sound quality, and it finds all the stations I can think of, unlike cheaper DAB radios.

My only criticism is that I found it difficult to set up - I got confused by the manual when trying to set up DAB presets. I don't use the alarm clock functions so am not worried by the criticisms some have made about those functions. No problems with CD use.

A very fair price at £83.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great but a bit complicated!, 19 Nov. 2013
I love it now but it took me quite a while, and some 'phone help from Roberts to set up the DAB stations. It does need head in book for someone like me, an older lady, to understand. There are so many functions to master but I am happy getting to know and having a sense of achievement when I succeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled with this!, 12 Nov. 2013
Mrs. S. Jones "SueJ" (UK) - See all my reviews
After much research and several poor purchases I decided to try this Roberts radio.
I like to fall asleep to my own choice of music so I wanted a good CD player. My last one had a very noisy mechanism which was most aggravating when nodding off! The sound quality on another more expensive player was 'hissy' when turned down low so this too was given away!

I'm thrilled with this Roberts Sound38...it does everything I hoped for and is very small so fits nicely on my bedside table with all my other 'tools'!! I was surprised by the sound quality for such a small radio.

‹ Previous | 111 12 1326 | Next ›