5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor with easy setup
Published 23 months ago by allynew

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless
I returned the BabyPing for a full refund as it is just not reliable. I have an excellent wireless network and it still dropped the connection every few minutes. I tried everything and checked the configuration, but I still couldn't get it to work. I then bought a Dropcam wireless pro camera which is excellent.
Published 14 months ago by B P SKINNER

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: BabyPing Wi-Fi Baby Video Monitor for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (White) (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor with easy setup, 20 May 2013
I received a BabyPing monitor as a gift in preparation for the arrival of our son. The design has an Apple device feel to it and the set up is very straight forward and comes complete with an easy quick installation guide. One of the main benefits of this monitor is the option to grant access to other family members ideal if they are overseas or working away from home. Initially I had an issue with Wi-fi but this was due to a fault with the monitor but this was replaced without question and in a timely manner. The camera is mains operated only but this was not much of a problem as it has a long enough power cable to reach most plug sockets. The image quality is brilliant even in the night vision mode with good sound and just a little background noise. Should support be required from the Babyping Team the preferred contact method is initially by email but this should not deter you as I personally received great service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor but poor quality and very bad support, 13 Mar. 2014
E. Linehan (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
About seven months after buying this the sound stopped working. It was too late to return to Amazon and I could get no response from the manufacturer via email, phone or Facebook. Im left with a useless camera now and have to buy a replacement.

Its a shame because I thought it was a really great product while it worked.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, 4 Oct. 2014
The concept behind this camera is sound and when it works, it's s great problem. I can forgive the apps wifi dropping out occasionally as it normally reconnects, and even the 3-5 second delay on picture is ok. The problem is both the baby ping app, and baby ping + apps are so consistently unreliable. The app has been down since ios8 was released so almost 3 weeks which has turned my camera into a rather expensive paperweight. The web app is ok, but does not automatically connect after the signal drops, so again as useful as a paperweight unless you want to keep staring at your iPad/iPhone all night to make sure it's still connected. The most deplorable part of my review however is the woeful support or aftercare from the producer of this product. I have contacted them 8 times since I bought this in February 2014, and to date I have received 0 replies. I have even taken to Twitter to try publicly get them to acknowledge a customer to no avail. I love this product, when it works but buyer beware, 50% of the time this product has been installed it has failed to work, and really has become an expensive ornament!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty easy to install, good value, 22 Aug. 2013
E. Chalmers (Australia) - See all my reviews
Despite multiple reviews about how hard it was to install Wifi, I had minimal issues. 2-3 second delay, again, not a big issue. Picture quality and night vision bth excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY! iOS App broken, fails to connect to WiFi, 17 Sept. 2014
Disappointed that this wont connect to my network. I'm in IT so I checked compatibility carefully but it fails to connect to my wireless network over WPA2 with and without a broadcast SSID.

The support pages (which are sparse) suggest using a 'manual setup' in the iOS app but that option is simply not there. The iOS app reports an error when I enter my wireless password and apparently should let me manually configure it if it fails. It does fail but I'm left with a blank screen, I can't even attempt to reenter the password without restarting the app.

The whole thing pivots on the quality of the iOS app as that's the only way to view the camera and if that's shody, it doesn't matter how good the camera is.

Also, when connected to the LAN (wired connection), the image lags by 2-4 seconds which seems pretty poor to me.

Customer support have just ignored my emails so I was forced to return this as it DOESN'T DO THE JOB!

Overall. Not happy :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of technology, 19 May 2014
Needed to replace old baby monitor and came across BabyPing online. Reviews were good so made the purchase, and couldn't be happier! Great picture (even in darkened room) and sound quality, works all over the house, and even when remote via IPhone/IPad. Recommend to any new parents with Apple harware...

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst purchase on Amazon so far..., 23 April 2014
Spent hours trying to get this working on my wireless network. Finally after much fiddling, I managed to get a picture - this didn't last however. Constantly disconnecting even when sitting in front of both the Camera and Wireless router. Poor performance overall.

1.0 out of 5 stars Remote access doesn't work. Neither does the support team., 31 Mar. 2014
The camera itself is easy to install if hard wired to the router but I gave up with WiFi. At every attempt it would spend 5 or more minutes before announcing a problem. The device works fine across WiFi to an iPad once installed with a pretty good picture.

However I bought it for the Bapyping+ App to get remote access. This is a dog. You get the settings page in the Babyping standard app to send by email the MAC address and a single use code which you enter into the separate Babyping+ App. It then rejects those codes so you get some more. And some more,etc.

After a while you try the online support pages. They don't cover this issue. So you send a web mail through to the support team and get a cheery message that says they work Mon-Fri, 9 to 5. So no weekend support, but apparently no Mondays either given the silence today.

1.0 out of 5 stars Baby ping customer service terrible, 29 Jan. 2014
After going through all the normal steps for two faults a buzzing noise & loss of connection , Rakim at baby ping agreed to change my unit and advised of a delivery which in fact was never arranged . Very dissapointed for such an expensive product the service you receive is so poor . Would not recommend the product purely based on the customer service .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›