5.0 out of 5 stars Always good to re-visit
Published on 8 Nov. 2012 by arboroff

3.0 out of 5 stars It Brought Back The Memories
Its a classic.....and I was re-reading a book I had read as a child. Its obviously a different style to modern authors and there is quite a lot of outdated vocabulary. I enjoyed it and it brought back the memories but I am not sure that people would enjoy if they were looking for a novel to read on a commute or by the pool on holiday.
Published 10 months ago by john Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Always good to re-visit, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
It's always good to re-visit old friends and Treasure Island has got to be one of my closest. I think it was C S Lewis who once said that the quality of a book can be determined by how it lends itself to being re-read. We know the story but we want to re-live it over again. Also nice and short so you can get through quickly. All those teachers who said you shouldn't read books that are too young for you - I don't agree. Treasure Island is great at any age!

5.0 out of 5 stars True classic, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
The story that started it all - adventure on the high seas, bloodthirsty pirates, daring heroes and treasure to boot. A true classic, as fresh and exciting to today's audience as it was all those years ago. I love this book and thoroughly recommend it to everyone. Enjoy- you will!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic adventure, 19 July 2014
Chris "Chris B" (Derbyshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
A book I have read, time and time again. Stevenson, an adventurer himself conjures up an era of bold sea goers buccaneers and pirate treasure. The hero is a boy that we all want to be, bold, brave and resourceful, holding his own in a world of treacherous piracy, where the adults don't always know best and often prove false . All is well in the end , including the outstanding creation of the book, Long John Silver. Silver is the archetypal loveable rogue who has given the persona to every pirate since this book was published.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a wonderful tale., 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
I have read and re-read this story a great number of times over my 70yrs of age. It's a tale that everyone should read at least once, I would think that a large majority would read again at some point. The stories of pirates are notoriously blood thirsty but there as been so many stories and films that have portrayed them as likeable rogues, Long John Silver a case in point, a famous TV program. This book is escapism at its best and can relax you right back into childhood. Well worth a read or another read or another read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long John Silver, the Opportunist!, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
Interesting light read, that was written for older children, and now due to lack of reading skills and grammar, good for present day adults!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as it's always been, 9 Nov. 2012
Mr. M. A. Tomlinson (Liverpool England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
When I was about nine years old we read 'Treasure Island' as a class (that was back in the days when children read whole books and not just selected 'scenes')and I can still recall the thrills that it gave me. The scene where Jim is forced to retreat up the mast by Israel Hands literally held me enthralled. I think it was the first time that I realised what a good story could do; the places it could take you to. I've read the book many times since and found something new to enjoy every time, Now it's on my Kindle forever. If you haven't read it I urge you to do so without delay. Forget Jack Sparrow and his ilk. Long John Silver is THE pirate.

4.0 out of 5 stars the classic story of adventure with treasure and pirates long ..., 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
the classic story of adventure with treasure and pirates long john silver it can still hold it own in this day and age

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 22 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
Great fun re-reading this classic. Got through it in a couple of days and really enjoyed it. Thoroughly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like most people I read this when younger, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
Like most people I read this when younger. Anyhow, I read it again on holiday and really enjoyed the story and how the suspense was maintained. The ending came a bit too soon and was a bit pat but an enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars never too grown up to enjoy this yarn, 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
Read it to your grandchildren or just batten down the hatches on a dull day and enjoy it yourself. Wonderful!

Treasure Island