5.0 out of 5 stars True classic
The story that started it all - adventure on the high seas, bloodthirsty pirates, daring heroes and treasure to boot. A true classic, as fresh and exciting to today's audience as it was all those years ago. I love this book and thoroughly recommend it to everyone. Enjoy- you will!
Published 20 months ago by Higgy

3.0 out of 5 stars It Brought Back The Memories
Its a classic.....and I was re-reading a book I had read as a child. Its obviously a different style to modern authors and there is quite a lot of outdated vocabulary. I enjoyed it and it brought back the memories but I am not sure that people would enjoy if they were looking for a novel to read on a commute or by the pool on holiday.
Published 2 months ago by john Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars True classic, 27 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as it's always been, 9 Nov 2012
Mr. M. A. Tomlinson (Liverpool England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
When I was about nine years old we read 'Treasure Island' as a class (that was back in the days when children read whole books and not just selected 'scenes')and I can still recall the thrills that it gave me. The scene where Jim is forced to retreat up the mast by Israel Hands literally held me enthralled. I think it was the first time that I realised what a good story could do; the places it could take you to. I've read the book many times since and found something new to enjoy every time, Now it's on my Kindle forever. If you haven't read it I urge you to do so without delay. Forget Jack Sparrow and his ilk. Long John Silver is THE pirate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasure island, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
Timeless classic fantastic story.

Always interesting twists and turns round every corner, suspense till the end. Highly reccommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars marvelous, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
never forget my first time with this book. still worth comeback. who did't like adventures even if 100 years old ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic adventure, 24 Nov 2012
B. J. HOUSE (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
A really easy read, got for holiday In the Scilly isles and Cornwall and I could smell the sea and drink in the inn's from the book (dinner in the Admiral Benbow was great). Real boys own stuff and a book for both adults and children. Great escapism.

5.0 out of 5 stars must read, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
A classic adventure an essential read for every boy. This was one of the first books i read and now the first electronic one. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Classic, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
Treasure island is a brilliant timeless classic, this is one of those stories that will always appeal. I'm glad its now available on Kindle to open the story to a whole new audience. The only observation is that there should be space between the paragraph blocks to make it easier on the eye

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
Great fun re-reading this classic. Got through it in a couple of days and really enjoyed it. Thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always good to re-visit, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
It's always good to re-visit old friends and Treasure Island has got to be one of my closest. I think it was C S Lewis who once said that the quality of a book can be determined by how it lends itself to being re-read. We know the story but we want to re-live it over again. Also nice and short so you can get through quickly. All those teachers who said you shouldn't read books that are too young for you - I don't agree. Treasure Island is great at any age!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic adventure, 19 July 2014
Chris "Chris B" (Derbyshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
A book I have read, time and time again. Stevenson, an adventurer himself conjures up an era of bold sea goers buccaneers and pirate treasure. The hero is a boy that we all want to be, bold, brave and resourceful, holding his own in a world of treacherous piracy, where the adults don't always know best and often prove false . All is well in the end , including the outstanding creation of the book, Long John Silver. Silver is the archetypal loveable rogue who has given the persona to every pirate since this book was published.

Treasure Island