4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bit of kit for the money but definitely not perfect!
Over the last few weeks I've grown sick of the tinny speakers inside of my TV, they just didn't provide the experience I was looking for so I decided, why spend so much money on blu-ray movies, music and games to not be able to enjoy them to their full potential? This is where the Panasonic comes in!

I went for this product for a couple of reasons, the main...
Published 12 months ago by Jonathan Fairley

3.0 out of 5 stars No treble adjustment
I have a Panasonic TX-L42E30 with very good speakers & allways have it switched to 'Music' as it gives more body to the sound.I've allways fancied a surround sound system but no space to put it.I took the plunge & went for the Panasonic soundbar.The speakers look great in front of the TV on its black glass stand & the subwoofer fits neatly to the side. Connected it all up...
Published 23 months ago by Robert C. Lawford

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 17 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible one-note boomy bass., 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
I bought this one because it was possible to split the speakers and position them vertically. However, the boomy bass is terrible, and the dialogue/sub-woofer level controls seem to be almost ineffective. The sub-woofer cabinet has no damping material at all, and this is a cardinal sin. I have managed to improve the bass by removing the bass reflex tube and stuffing the cabinet with long fibre wool, but I am still far from satisfied with the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite to Panasonics standards, 2 Jan 2013
L. rathbone "spectrefloat" (Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
You have hdmi(your TV/sound system must be capable of sending pictures/sound information by hdmi in both directions (ARC)) and optical inputs only.
There's no RCA or 3.5mm jack inputs .
The sound is clear but not as powerful as the Sony it replaced .
There's no visual value to show the volume you have selected just a green led that comes on when you turn it up or down .
Its OK and i wont be replacing it in the imminent future but i wont advise buying this for what i paid there are better ones out there .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound and Easy Setup, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
Under orders from wife to minimise, I replaced my 1980's Technics Class AA separates HiFi system and 10" woofer plus tweeter speakers with a "sound bar"! The result is amazing. More than enough volume for my large lounge. Low distortion and good audio range and easy to set up the volume levels. Obviously not in the same class as my Technics HiFi system but who would know the difference? To set up the volume levels first you need to reduce to Sub-woofer and Dialogue levels to minimum then bring the remaining mid-range volume to your required listening level. Then you can bring the Sub-woofer volume up to fill-in the lower bass sounds, then the dialogue level up to suit your listening preference for music, TV or Movies etc. The resulting sound is clear and has good high and low end response which enabled me to hear music instruments I could never hear before. Using both Optical and HDMI cables between my Panasonic TV and the Sound Bar enables TV remote volume control to operate the sound bar which automatically mutes TV speakers. Using an additional separate Optical cable directly between my Blue-Ray player and sound bar enables me to pay audio CD's through the sound bar without the need to have to TV switched on. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars panasonic sc-htb20eb-k 240w soundbar, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
it suites my panosonic 50iinch plasma.fantastic sound.wel worth buying.good price.i find the sound bar far better than surround sound speakers around the room. highly recomend it

5.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Available Extra for the Panasonic TV, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
Having chosen the Panasonic TX-L37E5B 37" TV and reading reviews about the Soundbar we purchased it at the same time - and it is so good! The speakers fit in perfectly on the shelf unit we have the TV on and the quality of the sound is brilliant and they look good too. We like playing music DVD's via the TV and the sound is like being at a live concert. There is no distortion when we turn the sound up (when the neighbours aren't at home!) and my husband (who wears hearing aids) doesn't have any problems. Money well spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound bar system, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
Just took delivery of this sound bar. It was very easy to set up. I used the HDMI Connection to my TV and also from my Blu Ray Player. It has a great sound and has really brought my Panasonic TV to life. Watching a film or listening to music is now a pleasure. Would def recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lack of control, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
A nice looking sound bar and decent speakers that is totally spoiled by the lack of decent controls. There is an assumption that you are always going to want surround sound that comes on every time(and sounds awful by the way). The remote control is not clear at all and follows the convention these days of saving a few pence by having buttons that have multiple functions if held down. Very confusing for what is essentially an amp and some speakers and ruins an otherwise well made product. When used as a sound bar it obscures my TV IR control so I use it split apart as two upright speakers and a base bin. In either setup, there are lots of extra plastic parts that are not used, very wasteful design and would be better to see all the parts used in both configurations. I tried the Vierra link cable from my Panasonic TV, but it made no real difference. I Used optical cable from V+ box and Blue ray player, but was unable to connect my multi region DVD player as there are only 2 optical inputs. The whole thing seems poorly thought through.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a difference!, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
We have a pretty good 42" Panasonic plasma but to say the least the sound is less than good. This modestly sized & priced system made a world of difference - the bass is very impressive, the top end adds clarity and makes everything understandable at lesser volume settings than before. It has added a completely new dimension to watching movies, producing an immersive, wide soundstage, with crashes and rumbles enough to make you jump!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I wanted, 27 Mar 2014
Mr. S. Johnson (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
Excellent value for money! All soundbars should be splittable, but for now, this one if the few, and it's stylish, easy to set up, inexpensive and sounds fantastic! I am very impressed with the sound quality - wish I'd bought one years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my father's Panasonic Viera TV, 1 Jan 2014
Jeff (Chichester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Electronics)
I bought the soundbsr as a Christmas present and I have to say that my father is over the moon with it. The sound quality is great and he can hear the tv note workout turning the volume sky high!

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 17 | Next ›