5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure, survival
An excellent book full of adventure and excitement, sad to think that if the same events took place today most people would not know anything about survival, shelter building or foraging for food. Be good to know how the families progressed and what their legacy is now. Highly recommended.
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the version I was expecting
Published 10 months ago by Lizzie

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the version I was expecting, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Swiss Family Robinson; or Adventures in a Desert Island (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this because I loved this book as a child, but this isn't the same version as the one I used to have. Quite a lot is missing from the first half, and the entire second half is different to the story I remember reading. One of the other reviews suggests this is because it's the 'English' version, but whatever the reason I was disappointed not to find the story I remembered.

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprising read, 23 Oct 2013
M. P. Walker "notebook" (London) - See all my reviews
Much more religious than I was anticipating; a great reference book if ever you find yourself stranded on a desert island. The film (if you have ever seen it) takes liberties with the story.

MoirawalkerWas very disappointed when there was a chunk of a chapter missing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Slaughterhouse Family Robinson, 3 Mar 2013
I read and enjoyed this as a child, so it was nice to revisit it, although it turns out to be a lot more killy than I remember it. It's still an entertaining and undemanding read, although rather dated.

4.0 out of 5 stars a classic, 1 Mar 2013
well worth it if you are an avid reader you can keep going back and read this classic that never gets boring and its free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget the film, 1 Feb 2013
Nothing like the film! Which is nice, little tedious in the middle but overall lovely story. Hhj bvggnjh nb v

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bit like the movie, 2 Jan 2013
P. Graham - See all my reviews
Well, what can I say? I thought this would be like the film of the same name but its really quite different. I enjoyed the story but kept thinking about the film and how different it was. Its worth a read, and won't tax your brain.

4.0 out of 5 stars good old fashion read, 15 Dec 2012
I read a lot of thrillers and crime, so this classic was a really pleasant change. It was not old fashion and stood the teast of time

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, 11 Nov 2012
julie smith (woking, Surrey) - See all my reviews
Great story I first read when I was about 10 it's lost none of it's magic in the intervening 40 years !

2.0 out of 5 stars The Swiss Family Robinson, 9 Nov 2012
I was disappointed that there was some text missing in the middle of the story. Having never read the complete version before I cannot say how much was missing. But enough to disjoint the story. There were also quite a few other minor errors.