The last couple of 'by a community of volunteers' freebies I downloaded were hard to read due to the font, formatting and the age of the tales, and I didn't have too much hopes for this, but was pleasantly surprised at both the quality and content.

Published on 28 Oct 2011 by ROROBLU'S MUM

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent collection of myths.
A couple of typos and a very abrupt ending couldn't hinder my enjoyment of this collection of classic mythological tales.
Published 11 months ago by Scotti

4.0 out of 5 stars Really decent for a freebie, especially one 'by a community of volunteers', 28 Oct 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)

Firstly, refreshingly, there's only a short foreword, and then it's straight into the tales. I was expecting the likes of Jason and The Argonauts and Jason and The Golden Fleece, i.e. the stuff that is always repeated on tv, but I found several new tales. In fact the only ones I did remember was the Wonderful Weaver, about a female weaver who boasts that she is better than the goddess, and who is then cursed to become a spider, spinning forever, without being able to boast, and the tale of Medusa (which is a bit different to the Clash of The Titans version).

The others were all new to me, and were short enough to tell the tale in an abbreviated fashion, without losing too much, and without making me yawn like in my schooldays. Some were better than others (The Story of Atalanta, The Cruel Tribute, Adventures of Theseus), but overall, all were quick and easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Start, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)
Really nice book to get you started on the old Gods. Interesting stories, well written. Just a bit to short. Wanted more at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating., 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)
I chose to read this book in order to fully understand the subject of Greek mythology. It both quenched my fascination and taught me a great deal about an aspect of human history. It is an amazing read which I would recommend to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent collection of myths., 25 Aug 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars old greek stories, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)
good quality, quite a short book made up of some of the basic stories~it seems to be a mixture of old greek and roman mythology.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brillant but confusing, 23 Nov 2013
Miss C. Cox "@Bigsister2009" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)
I LOVED THE BOOK BUT CONFUSING . HE CALLS ARTIMES DIANA AND ANOTHER NAME. HE CONSTANTLY SWITCHING BETWEEN THEIR ROMAN PERSONA AND GREEK. IF I HADNOT MY DICTIONARY I WOULDNT KNOW WHOM HE WAS TALKING ABOUT WHICH IS WHY I RATED IT 3 STARS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Little Book, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful to read. I love the Greek mythology and these stories are short and quick to read and just interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing creative literature!, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)
Wow, amazing stories and myths with tons of humour, romance, adventure and plenty of death. Every story joins together wonderfully, with The Minotaur, Prometheus and the Greek Gods all featured plenty of times. Beautiful, like Greek fairy tales. Perfect for 8-12 yrs. Download NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Educating me, 10 May 2014
M. Dowling (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)
I had become acutely aware of my ignorance when it came to Greek classics, having at best an awareness of some of the names of the Greek gods and so on, but not knowing the stories associated with them or how they were interconnected. I bought this as an introductory piece so I could grasp the basics and it did not disappoint. I'm not sure if this is intended as a children's book, but it would certainly serve well as a read-aloud tome for younger kids or well within the grasp of the 9 to 10 year-old or older, in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars So thats how and where it all started, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Old Greek Stories (Kindle Edition)
Interesting description on were and how Greek stories started good for general interest and anyone studying history or wandering who’s who in Greek mythology.

Old Greek Stories