on 25 January 2016
As it's going for a song, one can't complain about a lack of critical apparatus, but for the occasional Shakespearian, it's probably worth spending a bit more to get that undergirding - not that critical apparatus is terribly easy to use in a Kindle edition: printed books really are the better bet for that function ...
VINE VOICEon 11 October 2014
The translation has transcripts "b" as "p" and in some places "d" as " t", so Got his God! Luckily I read whilst listening to an audio version on YouTube, however I wouldn't t recommend this version to others even though free. Reading Shakespeare is problematical enough without these errors.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2014
Being a big fan of Shakespeare's work, this play appears to be his weakest. The plot is very thin, mainly about Falstaff trying to make money through marriage. Perhaps it would appear better on stage than it is in print.
on 24 March 2014
I needed The Merry Wives of Windsor urgently to read as part of a course and downloaded it for my Kindle - it was there instantly and it was Shakespeare, so there's not a lot to add! Excellent.
on 21 September 2013
I was very glad to get this free of charge, and enjoyed reading it. I plan to recommend it to my friends. Thank you.
on 21 September 2014
It's free so it's a very basic version - text only.
on 30 July 2015