Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 17 March 2013
The characters in this series just seem 2 dimensional, not a patch on the splatterjay books I can only hope the next book in the series really ramps up the characterisation
on 10 September 2012
The first owner novel was a massive change in scope for Asher. Being constrained to one solar system has not stifled his prowess however. The stakes get ever higher in this next book and if you like space warfare things ramp up very quickly. Looking forward to the next instalment and the direction it will take.
on 19 July 2013
There are a few authors in my lexicon who would have to try very, very hard indeed to displease me. Asher is one of those and once again he failed to disappoint. If you know and like Asher's work then there's a very high chance that you'll profit from reading this — although a new universe and a new situation it's solid Asher through and through.

If you don't know Asher but like "hard" science fiction done well try this.
on 21 May 2013
Im a fan of Asher especially the Polity books. I was worried he was going to go all politically correct which he has a bit which spoils the individualism of the books somewhat. Still few people do action better and the plots and characters are good. The violence in parts is OTT and quite nasty but in fairness Ashers is excellent at showing how governments and people will abuse technology and power if they get the chance
on 9 August 2014
Moves along at a reasonable pace but nothing surprising comes out in the story. Will read the next book though.
on 10 December 2012
This is a good sequel to Owner Trilogy. Fast paced as Neal Asher is. The storyline is good with some nice dovetails in the separate storylines.
I just can't help thinking that when publishers insist on these 'trilogy' formats that you actually loose some of the integrity of the plot as they inevitably get padded out. Will wait and see with this one and I hope I'm proved wrong.
on 5 February 2013
Having read pretty much everything of Neal Asher's that I've been able to get my hands on and thoroughly enjoyed them all, I was very far from disappointed when I picked up Owner 1. I read it in virtually 1 sitting then waited patiently for #2. I can only say that I wait with baited breath and fervently hope the wait will not be long. Well done Neal Asher keep 'em coming.
on 19 October 2012
Since it's nigh-impossible to get first-run Asher in The States, always have to have a copy flown in. As expected, Zero Point was another worthy import. Along with Alastair Reynolds, Charles Stross, and Peter Hamilton, the best SF ain't comin' from this side of the Atlantic. Just wish we didn't have to wait for customs to rifle through it first to get our hands on it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2013
Feels like there will be another book to follow this one. I would have liked more detail on how things were with the Owner Saul.
Otherwise I liked the plot. It would lend itself to a film because the Neil kept leaving us at nail biting points.
I was very glad to be reading a book that told me where each chapter began at the start.
VINE VOICEon 14 March 2013
As with the first novel, The Departure, I enjoyed this quite generally - it's easily digestible and having fleshed out the world in the first book, you can immediately get to grips with the story here rather than have to figure out what's going on and how things fit etc.. I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the final part.