Platform: PlayStation Vita|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 26 July 2013
Now I know what your thinking. Why is sonic a speedy hedgehog in a car? And my answer is to race fairly lol

But anyway I quite like the tracks on this game as each lap they change in some way, for example the 2nd lap a bridge could collapse meaning your car turns into a boat and the 3rd lap something else gets destroyed turning your car into a boat. So the laps are quite fun.

other pros are there are many characters that we all come to love.
There are trophies.
The game is fairly cheap

So if you like Sonic and Racing then you wont regret it
on 19 February 2015
A great port of the console versions with no obvious differences or slowdown. The game handles well and offers a lot of replayability. A good contender for the fun racing crown held by Mario Kart. Not quite as good but still very well designed and implemented.
on 10 January 2015
My son loves this game. We also have it on PlayStation 3. The levels are fun and you can change characters easily - there are loads to choose from. The colours and design of the game is excellent. There is loads happening in the background scenes. Would recommend.
on 21 March 2014
I got 2 copies of this game, for me and my partner. We both own 3DS's but when we both got Vita's we wanted a racer that had ADHOC (2 player), this has been every bit as good as Mario Kart.

I could not recommend this more, it runs well (make sure to updated to the latest version) doing this will make it run smoother.
on 15 April 2014
This game is amazing!

After I saw the Mario Kart 8 trailer I became hungry for a new kart racer. As I don’t own a WiiU, I looked at some alternatives and came across this game. I've read a couple of reviews stating that the game runs poorly, but I haven't encountered any poor framerates, which is likely due to the update released. If you were considering to pick up this game, buy the REGULAR RETAIL EDITION! (this one.) I usually download my games, but in the online store it costs £34.00. The Limited edition here as of the time written is £20.00, but doesn't add anything apart from an extra stage and racer. The level isn't very impressive and can be bought online for £2.00 anyway. also if you're are thinking of buying this on iOS or 3DS don't. on iOS you're stuck with ads, poor controls and micro transactions and on 3DS the frame rate is really bad.

POSITIVE:
- It has all the content of the console versions.
- It feels really fast, but not to the point it's overwhelming.
- It also feels fair, in comparison to Mario Kart especially. It's alternative to blue shells is a bee swarm power up, which can be avoided with some skill. The game can be pretty difficult at times, but I like a bit of challenge. However, if you do feel that the stage you're stuck on is too hard, at the end of the level it allows you to change the difficulty level without any extra loading. The only thing you'll need the harder difficulty levels for is to gain more stars to unlock new characters, so you might miss a couple.
-The game looks good. It doesn't look nearly as good as the console and PC counterparts, but don't detract anything from the gameplay. The only major difference in the graphics are not necessarily the textures, but more the lighting that makes the game look so great on consoles. That being said, if you don't compare the versions, you won't miss anything.

NEGATIVE:
- the boat physics feel a little bit off sometimes. A couple of times I have found myself being turned around after a jump or drift and losing a couple of places because of this.
- If there is one major thing to say about this game is that there is nobody online anymore. I've tried to connect a couple of times over two days and then gave up. I might try to connect later, but I'm doubtful I'll find anyone. (If you have bought game and want to play online feel free to add me on psn - 'hellocom2'

Overall a very good buy especially at this price. This will definitely stay in my precious vita game slot for a long time.
on 19 August 2014
Fun fast And frantic racing that's similar to Mario Kart 8 but has that Sonic influence of being fast paced and sticking closely to the SEGA franchise of games with levels changing as you race forcing you to switch to plane or boat and sometimes with a choice of either.

Stages vary from After Burner to Golden Axe and even The House of the Dead series (along with their signature music from many of the top SEGA games old and new). There's plenty to do in the game, unlocking new tracks to race on and characters ranging from Alex kid to Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) to even Shinobi. DLC is not great but you do get Metal Sonic. Online features are good and work well.

For me this is a must have Vita title for anyone who loves Sega games or just racing in general.
on 26 December 2013
Great game with classic sonic characters as well as quite a few additional ones. I love playing racing games and I'd say this one is pretty well done Mario kart like play style with a twist of occasionally flying riding a boat that has a shape depending on your character. Many stages to choose from and difficulty as perfect for beginners that get better. Beautiful change of environment while in game. Honestly get this game you won't be disappointed. The only additional thing that I would like to see is being able to customise your own karts perhaps.
on 8 January 2014
Bought for my 6 year old son to go with his new Vita for Christmas and this was a big hit. Gameplay is simple and engaging for all ages. I bought in the hope that it might be a competitor for Mario Kart and to be honest I'd say that it might be even better!
on 20 August 2014
Bought this for a christmas present for my son he already has it for his xbox he really enjoys it and was asking for it if he gets a Ps Vita from Santa ;) the delivery was really fast too next day and it was super saver!!
on 7 June 2014
This game is fun and looks excellent on the Vita. It's challenging enough in normal mode which is exactly what I want. It is a worthy competitor for Mario kart if you don't have access to a Nintendo console, looks great on the Vita and works with the physical controls.