5.0 out of 5 stars A great place to start!
This is a good place to start if you are yet to read a book by this author. I first read it when I was a teenager and three decades later I am still enjoying Herriot's books from time to time. He takes the reader into a place and a life that strikes me as one I would love to be a part of. He offers the reader inciteful tales of humour, hardship, humanity and wisdom in the...
Published on 12 July 2005 by Mark M

3.0 out of 5 stars Abridged Why?
I love the vet books. I have read them so many times I kow what is coming in the next chapter. I was excited that I could get them on my Kindle. and purchased All Creatures Great ans Small. But they appear to have been abridged some of the stories are missing. I went back to look at my books to make sure I was not getting my books mixed up. No they are definitely...
Published 20 months ago by Janet Blackman

‹ Previous | 16 7 812 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: All Creatures Great and Small: "If Only They Could Talk" and "It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet" (Kindle Edition)
Just a wonderful read, a real page turner, amusing and sad at times. Great characters and easy reading. a masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps me to relax and appreciate some time alone, 2 Jun 2013
It is so descriptive and humorous well written
I have recommended it to friends
and hope to be able to add the series soon

5.0 out of 5 stars great reading, 30 May 2013
You have to love James Herriot. Such a colourful and descriptive read. A very hard book to put down. Now i've bought another Herriot book on the back of this.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good book to relax with, 13 May 2013
This book was great to read to chill as it is well written, & as it doesn't need much thinking about. However, some of the story lines became a bit predictable after a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 8 May 2013
A. Rodger (London, England) - See all my reviews
This book is halarious and an 'in depth' read. It is also intresting as it shows you how hard, yet wonderous the life of James Herriot was. I would recomendrhis to anyone who likes reading, and a good laugh

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful books, 21 April 2013
Lovely stories that I love, very well written it takes me back to another age that I remember we'll highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Renewing an old pleasure, 18 April 2013
Always liked these stories, now its great to have them on kindle, will be getting more when I have finished this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, what have I been missing!, 25 Mar 2013
J. Law "Joe" (Chester-le-Street, UK) - See all my reviews
A friend at work talked me into reading this book, I just kept putting it off. I had seen some of the adapted TV series years ago as a kid and thought what boring and drab stuff this was. Then I picked it up while I was waiting for a film to start... I never saw the film... The book was light, heartfelt, sad and above all very funny.

If you want to try something different, try this, fresh (for being set in the 20/30's and written in the 70's) so so funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read, 23 Mar 2013
First of James Herriot"s books I have read. Lots of short stories about a vet's life in the Yorkshire Dales. Having been brought up on a farm I can relate with a lot of the situations they find themselves in. Will definitely read more of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Feb 2013
This book is well worth getting. I have this and others in paper-back form and wanted them on my Kindle.

‹ Previous | 16 7 812 | Next ›