on 19 April 2013
This book is ok, but I don't really think it was very concise for beginners. In the areas I needed the most help I ended up going to u tube to get clearer advice.
on 6 September 2015
I've been using an ancient version of photoshop for years, and three times I've decided to try Gimp - each time I've downloaded and installed it but fallen at the first hurdle. On this, my fourth try, I decided to buy this book, and work methodically through it (although you don't have to use it in this way). I'm less than a third the way through, and already I know how to do things in Gimp that I hadn't understood in photoshop. The steps are clearly explained and well illustrated with screenshots, as simply as possible, which can't be easy when trying to explain such a powerful programme. I'm delighted.