Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 April 2013
Like other reviewers of this cd I purchased on the back of hearing a couple of singles on Radio 2. This album is one class act....absolutely beautifully sung. How can you not be transported to a tranquil place that we never knew existed in our hectic lives. Not many singers have the ability to achieve this with their listener...I'm sure Emilia does this effortlessly every time she creates such exotic colours with her vocal chords.
The last album that had this effect on me was 'Brand New Version' by Rozalla Miller (Yes, she of Everybody's Free' fame)

Sit back, relax and have your ear drums tickled with ecstasy.
VINE VOICEon 18 February 2013
I ordered this cd purely on reviews in Sunday newspapers and magazines. I had never heard of Emilia Mitiku before but thought I would give her a listen as it sounded like my kind of music in the reviews. It did not dissapoint! Her voice is quirky and different. In some songs she remended me of a young Dolly Parton and in others musically of Madeline Peroux and MP is one of my all time favourites.A lovley cd to listen to. Even on the old songs she manages to make them sound 'new'.
on 27 May 2013
Love this cd, in particular the range of styles and genres covered. This voice is so true and adaptable it easily covers the demands of each style. There are a lot of talented female vocalists around at present but based on the evidence of this cd I think Emilia has a real chance of establishing herself as a prime artist.
on 28 February 2013
This is a great album; some original songs and some covers. Emilia Mitiku has a haunting voice and I found myself playing this a lot when I was in Stockholm recently. Ironically, none of my family/friends had heard of her - Mitiku is Swedish and lives in Stockholm. Bet everyone knows who she is within a year or so!
on 21 March 2013
This album is my new favourite. Its like a secret gem in my collection. I sing the songs all the time, their different styles and exquisite lyrics are so refreshing. The musicality in both the instrumental accompaniments and her wonderfully soulful voice is both complex and simply breathtaking. X
on 25 March 2013
I first heard Emilia on radio 2 and fell in love with her voice after hearing a couple of bars of her song , I immediately looked her up on utube and after listening to a few more songs I decided I had to pre order her album and I was not disappointed I can't wait to hear more from this artist
on 13 December 2013
This arrived this morning and hasn't stopped playing since! Wonderful music, lovely silky voice and varied songs. First heard her on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch Playlist and thought Wow! got to have. Very relaxing to listen to, we want more of this please!! Buy it you won't be disappointed !
on 3 July 2013
I heard this lady on radio 2 and pre-ordered her albumn for my mum. She loves it (is in her 50s), and my sister in her 20's also really loves it. If you are a fan of Eva Cassidy/Alison Krauss... or anyone with soft and easy listening but lovely music.. then try Emilia Mitiku!
on 14 May 2013
jazzy, bluesy, emotive, catchy, easy listening, dinner party music!
I saw Emilia when I went to Alfie Boe's Storyteller Tour concert - she was supporting him.
Loved her music & voice and she was amazing live!
Inspired me to buy this - I wasn't disappointed!!
on 28 April 2013
This is a lovely album, hadn't heard of Emilia until I heard "I belong to you" on Chris Evans. Now I'm hooked. Good background music, great for the car, plenty of variety - all very tuneful. I will be looking for further recordings. Highly recommended.