5.0 out of 5 stars I think I need to move to Colorado...
Published 23 months ago by James K

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Short
I pre ordered my copy & received it on launch day. I've played it for 4 days solid & have got all but 1 game achievement. I feel that the single game is too easy to level up. I know their are new things coming but it makes me think their only after your money for add-on's & car packs.
The online games are more fun than other forza games.
Published 24 months ago by Mr A J B

5.0 out of 5 stars I think I need to move to Colorado..., 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I've always loved the Forza Motorsport games and like many I was wary of this spin-off game. Although I enjoyed the Dirt and Need For Speed series, I wasn't sure how they would fit the Forza style into that kind of open world game, and feared that it may replace the regular Forza games. Well I'm happy to say that I really enjoyed this game, plus apparently it will not be replacing the regular Forza games.
Turn 10 have created a beautiful environment that is fun to drive in, with plenty of decent events, while streamlining the usual process of car upgrading to give the gamer more time to enjoy racing. I had no real problem with how they went about things and had a ton of fun competing the events, which weren't too tough, allowed you to tailor the difficulty to your skills, and got me plenty of quite easy achievement points!
Online was always what I prefer in the usual Forza games however in Horizon I played it much less. Can't say why really, what I played was fun and again, I approved of the changes. It seemed quicker to get into a lobby (the wait always annoys me in the regular Forza games), and there was a nice variety of game types that catered to different skill levels and preferences. Although I enjoy upgrading cars and tweaking, and looking for the best set-ups, I do find that sometimes Forza can be down to whoever has the best set-up for the track and so on, which makes sense but can be frustrating if I don't have the time to endlessly tweak things myself. The different race types in Horizon bypass a lot of that and allow me to get into racing with people with similar set-ups, which I found more enjoyable.
Overall an excellent game and I totally recommend it. Although I'm looking forward to the next Forza too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Racing game of the Year!, 26 Oct 2012
Kevin White (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
After playing Forza 2,3 & 4 for 50+ hours each I was really looking forward to Forza Horizon. With this game not being your 'typical' Forza I wasn't sure what to make of it but after receiving it on Tuesday and having played it now for 7 hours I am very impressed. First to start off with the gameplay:

GAMEPLAY: 9.8/10

The handling of the cars are solid and alot better than other titles in the past year e.g. Need for Speed: The Run. The variety of events, from ordinary street racing to racing aeroplanes, provide a gu fun. I am very pleased that it has focused on a large variety of events as previous Forza games have felt repetitive after a few hours. From dirt tracks to ordinary tracks the game is consistent in handling and the overall fun of each type of event. The only thing I can criticise is the limited amount of Customisation you can do to the cars. However, the racing element overshadows this.

GRAPHICS: 9.5/10

From day to night racing the graphics are beautiful with the graphics being amongst the best i've ever seen on a racing game. The dirt getting lifted from the road while you are flying down the road at top speed looks even better than it did on Dirt 3. The background detail e.g. buildings, look just as good as they do on any other modern racer and the cockpit looks fantastic. While you are in cockpit view the environment looks beatiful and it looked that good I almost crashed on my first race taking in the scenery.

SOUND: 10/10

Voice-overs are very clear and the sat nav is nice and easy to hear as it turns the radio down while it is on.
The soundtrack to Forza Horizon is the best I have ever heard on a game, it varies from dance to rock to cater for every kind of player. The soundtrack also includes songs that are currently in the Top 40 chart e.g. Porter Robinson - Language showing just how great a set of songs this game involves.

GAMEPLAY: 9.8
GRAPHICS: 9.5
SOUND: 10.0

OVERALL: 9.7

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Game. But DLC ruined it for me., 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Forza Horizon is a nicely blended mixture between the simulators like the forza series, and an arcade racer like Need for Speed. However while being very close to what i was hoping it would be, without the performance tuning options of a forza/simulator game (there are still many performance upgrades just not tuning), or the aesthetic customisability of most arcade racers, I felt that there wasnt a great deal to do with the cars themselves. On top of that, I was very annoyed to find that the selection of cars was very limited considering the amount of cars in a normal forza game. However I was even more annoyed that most of the cars on the game are downloadable content. In fact most is an understatement. It would cost more than i payed for the game to get all the cars! I havent got a clue how making a game works and so I could be wrong and appologise if I am, but the car models seem to be identical to the ones in forza 4 and I would imagine they mostly re-use them, even if the have to make a few changes? I enjoyed a few days of playing this game before i started to feel like i was playing the platform for a game. A beta almost. Since you miss out on quite a lot of the game if you dont want to spend up to an extra 30-40 pounds on DLC. I could have really enjoyed this game if it was complete on disc. But I think this DLC phase that has taken xbox by storm is the biggest load of cr*p. Its fine when its made and released after a game has come out. But to spend money on buying the game and then spend the same amount unlocking its full potential - when they probably knew what they were going to do before releasing it or had possibly already got it waiting - is ridiculous and it sucks. Even if i thought the DLC was worth the money (for me it seemed way overpriced) I wouldnt out of principal. Its potentially a good game but if you buy it you WILL want the rally packs and car packs. I'd say only get it if your willing to pay for the DLC or not having it will only annoy you. Hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Short, 1 Nov 2012
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
The online games are more fun than other forza games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!!!, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game is truly amazing!
Firstly the car customization is absolutely amazing being able to make your cars exactly the way you want them and being able to replicate your favorite cars of all time like Fast and furious cars. The car customization does go back to the Need for Speed games of old like Underground 2 and the first Most Wanted.
The game play is fun and feels energetic rather than some simulation games which can get sluggish and boring.
Note this game is not a simulation so for people who love simulation racing games this may not be for you but for people who like to play free roam racing games with amazing customization then this game is defiantly for you. This game does not lack in the amount of races it has either having plenty to work your way threw.
I have so much fun playing this game and played it for hours on end, don't get me wrong i love my simulation games but this is an excellent change in pace when it comes to a racing game.
Now for the downsides, when you finish this game you do feel a bit bored and almost want more races or a sequel but while you are playing the game it is stunning and does last for a reasonable time.
overall an absolutely fantastic game, would 100% recommend this to anyone who likes racing games and has a passion for cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game,but..., 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I'm really enjoying forza horizon it's a great game with a nice feel to it.But the driving physics have been toned down from forza 4.There for people who like game's such as need for speed and dirt among other game's,like myself would probably enjoy this game,but hardcore forza 4 fan's may not.It does feel more arcade like than forza 4 and some fan's of the forza 4 physics believe that driving physics in a forza game should be the same as forza 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!!, 29 Sep 2014
D. Maydew - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Great game, and I'm still playing it now.... Looking forward to Horizon 2 coming out this week (October 3rd 2014) then I shall have them both!! Racing across a open map is super, and being able to drive some of the fastest road cars in existence is super. If you're after a good racing game, this is one that just won't disappoint, especially with the Rally section too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this game, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I've lost interest in shooter games and I've got more interested in other types of games like racing as I played the demo I got very addicted. I've completed the game though I didn't rush through it. It has great graphics and great racing mechanics. Love that you can customize it though I only played with it once as I like original looking cars. It would of been better if there were more cinematic scenes with the lady who is like a leader of Horizon race festival? Or something. She was kinda hot and there also saying if he won maybe a romance would happen. All Im saying is 2-3 more cut scenes chatting with her and a Kiss at the end. Don't want those Forza die-hard fans moaning that I want to turn this game into a RPG. (LaughOutLoud)

4.0 out of 5 stars good but not perfect, 5 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
good points
-graphics
-different environments
-sound (though should have more differences when in different views)

bad points
-limited vehicles compared to Forza 4 (should have the same or more)
-small map only approximately 10 X 10 miles
-slow loading screens

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Game, Many hours of fun, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
recently purchased a new xbox 360 and Forza Horizon was included as part of the bundle and all I can say is wow.
this game does not disappoint, I have spent many hours unlocking various parts of the game and cars.
I have seen on other sites some people say the game is quick to complete.

Unsure what they mean, they must be playing it on extremely easy and just completing certain parts of the game.

Highly recommended for Forza Fans or just those who enjoy street racing games. There is some Rally parts to the game which gives that slight blend between street racing and rally which is enjoyable.

Forza Horizon (Xbox 360)
Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)