5.0 out of 5 stars The other Side by Terry Tyler
It was thanks to a random tweet i was introduced to The Other Side by Terry Tyler.
Published on 3 Aug 2012 by Judee Bee

1.0 out of 5 stars The Other Side is all downside
Sorry, a few pages here and there were enough. Pretty prattle passing for wit. Suffers from too much uninteresting internal dialogue, flat but "hey look at me" characters, and massive information dump. Another book, another author for me...
Published on 10 Aug 2012 by JRP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The other Side by Terry Tyler, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
The story follows four women, katya, Cathy, Alexa & Sandy and the choices they made and the choices they could have made. If Only....It sometimes made me laugh, sometimes made me want to cry. Its very moving in some places and makes you want to shake those women's heads together and say "get a grip" in others. The last chapter of the book is very much a surprise i didn't expect either!

The Other Side is brilliantly written and is a definite Must Read/Cant put It Down kind of book.

These four women could be any one of us or we could have even known someone just like Katya, Cathy,Alexa & Sandy.

If you get the chance to read this book, go for it! I thoroughly enjoyed it and you will too!Terry Tyler is a very talented author who writes with feeling...

I would definitely recommend buying The Other Side! Well done Terry X

5.0 out of 5 stars A very clever and entertaining read, 19 Jun 2012
Kindle Customer (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
I was unsure about this book before I started reading (thought it might be a bit chick-lit ish) but I'm glad I tried it, as I enjoyed it greatly.
The story starts with four different characters (Katya, Cathy, Alexa and Sandy) each having a chapter which sets out where they are in their life now and the choices and repercussions that have led them to this point. The following chapters then go backwards through the timeline of their lives to life changing decisions.
This is a story of 'what if' - what if you'd treated this person differently, what if you'd gone left instead of right etc - and works really well. All the characters were believable (so much so that I really felt like banging their heads together at times) and all their seperate stories are different enough that you don't forget who is who). A very clever story indeed and well told.
It is not just a story for ladies, it is a story for all - so, ladies, pass it on to the man in your life when you've finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So intriguing!, 21 May 2012
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
I had read the other 2 books by this author and enjoyed them, and I liked this one so much I had to write a review. The theme is one that fascinates me - what if you didn't take that road, but the other one? Wouldn't it be great to know what would have happened? There are parts of each of the characters' experiences that every reader will relate to, some more than others, some with amusement and some with regret! I honestly believe that every woman is in this book, and quite a few men as well.

There's a twist - just when you think you've got it, you realise there's more than you thought. The last chapter is so good to read, and I found it quite moving, I didn't want it to end. A very satisfying read, all the ends tie up, and when you've finished the book you find yourself thinking about the previous chapters and saying 'Aha!' to yourself. I thought a lot about the themes after I'd finished the book, and the most outstanding one to me was that - it's never over until it's over, there's always another way, and what seemed to be the best way isn't necessarily so. Full of surprises, with a lot of laughs along the way - like life, really!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 27 May 2012
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
I read this book on a recommendation from a friend, what can I say apart from the fact that I was itching to find out what happened next! I could totally relate to the characters and saw a bit too much of myself in a certain one!
The twists and turns keep you gripped until the very end.
It's safe to say that I'll be downloading more from Terry Tyler.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE OTHER SIDE, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
Once again I really enjoyed Terry's style of writing - this book 'The Other Side' slowly reveals itself to have a connection between the characters - which once you have realised this - makes the book even more compelling reading to find out the conclusion - which Terry keeps you guessing right up until the last chapter and still manages to take you by suprise !!!
A great book and definately one to go back and read a second time !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in one sitting after discovering the author on Twitter. It worked on every level - at first I thought (as you were no doubt meant to) that the characters had no connection, and enjoyed each one's story as a separate entity. Even if they'd never converged I would have found it thoroughly entertaining, but as the plot became clearer I found it constantly surprising, right until the last chapter. A very clever, thought-provoking and entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another five stars for an enjoyable read, 2 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
This is a book that's best read in a few a number of sessions as you can...not because its complex, but because it helps with understanding the flow. The story is of four women's lives, their successes (or failures) and the way in which their choices influence the future. Its development through the years is well described, with believable situations that the reader can identify with. If a good book is one that makes you think, then this book did it for me. Try it for yourself. After all life's about choices, isn't it...?

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for something different?, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
After having read three other offerings from Terry I thought I knew what to expect. I love Terry's writing but I was not expecting this. What a wonderful novel. Very cleverly thought through and written. Will defintely be recommending this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent lively read, with lots of lovable characters, 17 July 2013
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
Have you ever wondered what might happen to you if you'd made one different decision in the past? If you'd met another person to marry, if you'd been brave enough to make a career decision you never made, or if you'd given something up just to follow your dream. But you can only analyse what happened in your life by looking back on it and comparing and guessing 'what might have been if only'... But what if you could look forward and see what might be, instead?
This is a book about choices, alternatives and parallel lives. Smart sophisticated and sexy Katya, successful businesswoman who has everything she could possibly want except a satisfying relationship. Then meet Cathy, trapped in a marriage to a ghastly control freak. Alexa, happily married, breaking free and starting a cafe in Scotland, getting away from the south of England. And alcoholic desperate Sandy.
The plot is fiendishly clever, and I won't give the story away here, except to say, that, as with all of Terry Tyler's books, it's an easy-to-read, highly accessible novel, with a lovely fluid style, with plenty of characters you can like.
All in all, it's a jolly good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freaking Amazing Book!, 11 Jan 2013
Amazon Customer "Kare" (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Other Side (Kindle Edition)
Saw the 20+ FIVE STAR Reviews on Amazon US & Canada, and what the book was about, and I was sold! This is an extremely clever written book. Completely unpredictable, you cannot put it down as you want to see how it ends. I read it in one sitting, it was that great! You think it is going one way, then BAM! you cannot believe what happens. Very original book that stays with you and makes you really think. I am now a huge fan of Terry Tyler and am presently reading my way through her other books. I strongly recommend this book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›