on 20 September 2012
I thought this was expensive for an iron, but mine had broken and several friends recommended this type of iron. I'm so glad I bought it. I have to say that it is so much quicker than my old traditional steam iron. The unit is very big and you will probably need to get an appropriate ironing board. I bought the Brabantia Ironing Board with Solid Stream Unit Holder (from Amazon), which is perfect for this iron. The iron itself is nice to hold and not heavy. It whizzes through the ironing, although it took me about 20 minutes to get used to it as you have to press for steam, rather than it coming automatically. The unit is very big and holds lots of water so no need to keep refilling. The electric cord on this one retracts automatically into the unit for storage. The iron can be locked onto the base unit to make it safe for storage and the cord from the unit to the iron can also be manually put into the base unit for storage. I now don't find the ironing a chore liked it used to be! So, overall, I would thoroughly recommend this iron and this type of ironing system.
on 22 March 2013
This Iron replaced another Tefal steam generator iron that I had for about 6 years, so I can honestly say I like the irons. Tefal have added an eco button to this iron, I would have been more impressed if I could of taken the old one to a local tradesperson and got that mended instead of having to parcel it up and send it to Birmingham then the cost of repairs and probably postage charge for it to come 40 miles back to me. I decided it was probably cheaper to buy new. There wasn't much up with the old one the base was still generating steam but for some reason it wasn't travelling down the steam tube to the iron unless you manipulated it and then held it in position. I actually prefer my old iron, there weren't so many bells and whistles on it, but this one still irons fantastically which is why it got 5*, to recap I love their irons but the after service leaves a lot to be desired.
on 10 February 2014
Although I do not have the heavy workload that I once did, I chose a steam generator because ironing with one is made so much easier. Ironing is faster and the results are superb. This is my third steam generator and second Tefal product. My previous Tefal steam generator should have lasted longer but I experienced what other people have mentioned i.e. dirty water leaking from the iron onto the clothes and once the soleplate is damaged with residue it seems impossible to clean. Having said this I must mention that the real reason for purchasing another is because I dropped it. The removable water tank is an excellent feature, which I did not have with the previous iron, which made it difficult to fill and heavy to move around. Once again an excellent service provided by Amazon. Ordering from Amazon is simple and efficient. My experiences with them have always been positive and recommend them to everyone.
on 29 May 2013
This is the second Tefal we have had - the first one lasted 7 years and was a real work horse. This one came highly recommended, with many updates on water compartment size etc & now has a fiddly corkscrew design which is supposed to keep the hard water deposits from building up.

Unfortunately this was not the case 2 weeks ago when I decided to steam on the hanger my DJ prior to a black tie dinner and a brown liquid deposit was left all over the back of the jacket. Having cleaned it out religiously the same thing happened again when steam pressing a white pullover which is now on it's way to the dry cleaners

Awaiting response from Tefal, check the review centre where it gets one star for its brown staining malfunction
55 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2012
It keeps the wife quiet for hours; a great product. Shirts seem well pressed too; as will be my forehead if she reads this!
55 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 September 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've always thought 'an iron's an iron'... and they're all the same.. right? With this iron I've been put in my place about the difference in irons. I've always gone for a pretty cheap iron thinking that they all do the same thing but comparing it to this iron there really is quite a difference. What makes this iron stand out is the amount of difference the steam makes. The main base unit has a removable container that holds significantly more water than a standard iron and keeps you ironing for ages. The plug is tucked away in the main unit and has a really nice retractable cord to allow you to store it safely after use and also helps not get in the way when you are ironing. From the main unit, there is a power/steam cord that is about 2-3 metres long that allows the steam that is produced in the main unit to be expelled from the iron itself (do be warned though as the cord can get quite hot but is safe to touch). By the way this cord can be stored by feeding it through a 'tunnel' that runs around the base unit at the front and is quite a clever way of ensuring that the unit is tidy once stowed away.

Tefal boast about the pressure produced for the steam and they aren't exaggerating. For normal steam use and holding the iron horizontally, the steam moves about 1.5 metres away from you. With the Boost steam button however (which gives one sharp long boost of steam) it will travel half way across the room (about 3-4 metres). Absolutely fabulous for steaming clothes whilst on their hanger. The iron itself sits on the base unit and can lock into place with a 'latch' mechanism which will allow you to safely carry your iron although it is pretty heavy. Another great thing about the iron is that it will automatically switch off if not in use after 30 seconds if the iron is face down or 8 minutes if it's left on it's heel. It's also great that it has a switch on the main unit to allow you to use 'Eco' setting which I have on all the time now.

All in all a superb iron but still a little on the steep side.
on 19 August 2012
What a fantastic buy! I used to own a Bosch steam generator, which I loved. When it finally gave up the ghost after years of loyal service I was worried about finding another model that would be just as powerful. After lots of research, I decided to go for this Tefal model due to its powerful constant steam and steam boost power, as well as its anti-calc collector. All I can say is WOW, this iron is fantastic. It's the right shape and weight to make ironing a breeze and the steam, as you would expect from a steam generator, smooths away even the most stubborn creases with no problem whatsoever.

But what i really like about this model compared to others is that there is no need to be winding and coiling up the cable and hose, since it has an easy storage system that keeps everything tidy and secure. In fact you can pick the whole thing up by the handle of the iron and store it away easily.

The Bosch was a hard act to follow, but this little baby has surpassed all expectations - bring on the ironing basket!
22 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2013
After 7 years my previous tefal steam generator iron gave up. Having always been impressed with it, it had to be another tefal. This is the first I have bought with detachable tank. Do get this feature. No more waiting around or being scared to open the steam department with the usual bang and fizz.

This one heats up faster and has easy to use controls. I am especially impressed with the variable steam control and the steam boost button which is great to get the prefect crease back into my suit trousers.

The auto rewind of the cord mean you no longer fumble around with the wire or risk loose wires hanging down to tempt children or dogs!

At 100 pounds off from Amazon, this was an easy choice. Highly recommend
VINE VOICEon 12 October 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Tefal Pro Express iron is a frighteningly large piece of equipment when first opening the box. It is necessary to have quite a large ironing board but once you start ironing you can tell just how effective an iron it is.

It irons even the most creased of linens and it glides easily over the fabrics. It needs less water re-fills than I am used to with other models of iron. The lead does sometimes get in the way but this is something I am beginning to get used to. Its anti-calc facility is useful and effective and as the water in my area is quite hard it will almost certainly increase the life of the iron.

Overall I am impressed with the iron and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.
on 6 December 2012
(This review is based on two months' use.)

This is an exceptionally good iron.
It reduces ironing time by about half when compared to a conventional steam iron.

This is the third steam-generator iron we have owned in seven years, and each has been an improvement on the last. This replaced a Bosch, which had not lasted well and had seized up; even though it had only ever used [ion-exchange resin]-softened water. The Tefal promises not to do the same, as it has a removable solids collector -- which, unsurprisingly, I've not had to empty yet.

I can only award the Tefal four stars as the first one delivered was faulty*. The unit has a steam-volume selector dial, but the original unit produced vast quantities of seam on all settings. The replacement shows some reduction as you turn the dial back, but not a lot.

For tank size, unit design, portability and stowage of both the steam tube and power cord, it is hard to imagine that this can be beaten. If quality control were better, that would be ideal. But the purchaser is forewarned: like the Citroën on the hard-shoulder, it's obviously French.

* Very well managed by Amazon: I was able to keep the usable, faulty one until the replacement arrived.