5.0 out of 5 stars Ironing Wizard Machine
As I am a true virgin to such steam generating irons I was unaware how it would power up, perform and work better than a conventional iron. However, I would have to say I was surprised.

Though expensive I found that using it was easy, didn't take long to set up and worked really well. The cord to the iron has a clever hinge system which stops the lead from...
Published on 19 Sept. 2012 by Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke

1.0 out of 5 stars Product Design Deficiency - steam button (fantastic otherwise)
I bought this product in its previous guise, the 8430. It is a great product and in terms of performance I cannot complain. However, I believe there is a serious design issue with the steam button and have contacted Tefal to query this. After about 8 months the one-piece plastic button broke (one side of the retention pin). Product was returned under warranty and fixed...
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the best !, 20 Sept. 2012
Michael Scott "www.nowillpowerrequired.co.uk" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Tefal Gv8431 Pro Express Autoclean Steam Generator (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly I am a guy ! I live on my own and I am very bad at ironing ! This unit is a god send to me and I'll explain why.

The steam output of this is astonishing, not only does it shoot about 50cm out but it is virtually continuous and hence to iron a work shirt or trousers you simply hit the steam button and hold it near the shirt and the creases literally melt away.

It is very quick to heat up (I would say about 2 minutes at the most) and the whole unit just oozes quality and professional.

I had a Phillips unit before this that gunked up with limescale within 6 months but this has a cleaning unit that drops the limescale out and is very simple to clean.

This is a considered purchase and isn't cheap but if you want an iron that will literally do everything effortlessly then this is the baby !

I can't actually think of a single thing to criticise or say it could do better.

Very very strongly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Auto shut off design flaw, 15 Jun. 2013
This was bought as an upgrade from my old Tefal steam generator which had served me well for several years. The problem with this new one is the auto shut off. In theory it is a great idea. You leave the iron unattended for 8 minutes, and it shuts off. The problem is that as a 'safety feature' that means it also shuts off if you don't use the steam button for 8 minutes. This is really annoying if you don't happen to need the steam during that time and you have to keep checking the clock to make sure you don't go over the 8 minutes. I wouldn't have bought this iron if I had know about this. On the plus side it irons OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars steam generator, 22 Mar. 2014
Mrs. Christabel J. Cowley (HEREFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
Oh how glad I am I sent for this, I have had two steam generators the first was excellent but when it died on me I went for a different make and although I only had it for less than two years I hated it so I gave it to my daughter in law and bought this Tefal one and I am so glad I did. It has a good sized iron and the steam is so much better. I would highly recommend this model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Iron, 10 Oct. 2013
Had this iron for just over one year. Now water leaks everywhere and it is just out of warranty so I have wasted over £150 !!!! Do not buy this iron!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product, 31 May 2013
My wife had purchased the previous model about 8 years ago and she was always pleased with it but this new one is even better, she is so glad she stayed with tefal.

4.0 out of 5 stars good machine, 4 May 2013
I bought this machine to replace my last tefal steam generator, which I had been very pleased with, except for the pfaff of
cleaning the calcium out of the tank!. This one is much easier to do, but I find taking the water tank off the machine to fill
very stiff at the moment, perhaps because it is still very new. Otherwise I would have rated it a full 5 stars. Excellent steam
generation, plus the tank holds more and lasts longer than my old one. I would recommend this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full marks, 4 April 2013
H. T. Taylor "helen taylor" (england) - See all my reviews
This is the 3rd one of these I have had over the years.
Wouldn't buy anything else,brilliant Iron,makes the job a whole lot easier & quicker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steam Generator, 8 Nov. 2012
Having used this type of iron for a number of years, LI rate the Tefal Gv8431 as one of the best especially its anti-scaling rod. I live in an area with a lot of cal in the water and this is an essential part if the iron

4.0 out of 5 stars steam generator, 2 Nov. 2012
Have had this iron before so was more than happy to get another. I did find it hard to work this time as I found steam coming out without touching any of the buttons. After ringing Tefal it became clear that it does depend now as to what your ironing as to how the heat has to be reduced on both the iron and the generator, but a month down the line and it has settled down and I would still say this is one of the best irons I've ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Nov. 2012
This is my second Tefal steam generator iron and I love it. Just make sure you clean the collector out at very use. The only downside is the price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›