5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compact iPod dock, CD and radio - great sound
Bought this as a replacement for a Bose Wave radio/CD player and as a good quality iPod dock. The unit looks good and slightly retro with its wood trim. It feels very solid and well-constructed. Control panel is on top, but most everyday functions can also be controlled via the remote. The iPod connection is hidden under a small plastic panel just behind the control...
Published 23 months ago by Zebrasoma

3.0 out of 5 stars looks good sounds good
Overall good quality sound and and verey easy to use - only problem was that first unit had to be returned as the CD player didn't work. Can't believe such a good design is let down by the tacky nail-breaking cover for the docking point - really fiddly - and liable to get lost once off.
Published 16 months ago by Helena Alexander

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars My brilliant new sound system., 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Roberts Sound100 CD/DAB/FM Digital Sound System with Dock for iPod/iPhone walnut (Electronics)
After a few moments panic on receiving my new 'high tech' digital sound system, i took time to sit and play...... finding that it is so simple to use and holds so much of my favourite music at the touch of a button. If i want to feel part of the outside world , i just switch to radio, brilliant!!! A very good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!!!, 8 April 2013
I purchased this unit mainly as a dock for my iPhone and iPod. This being said, the CD player and DAB radio did play a part in my choice. I am very pleased with the audio quality, it is superb for such a small unit. The lounge where it now lives is not a huge room and the output is more than sufficient. The sound quality does not distort at high levels, something I tested with a bit of Black Keys and Nirvana. At the other end of the spectrum, Jack Johnson also sounds great, I even picked out several musical elements of some of his songs that were not apparent when played through our old setup (Technics midi system CD player). The DAB was simplicity itself to setup, with auto channel search. Likewise the general controls are very straightforward and intuitive. I was happily listening to some CDs, iPod tracks and DAB radio within minutes of powering up this little beauty. For the money this unit is the business, I paid less than 200, and as noted by a previous reviewer, it is British. Win win!!

3.0 out of 5 stars looks good sounds good, 11 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Sound is more than a little sound., 16 Dec 2012
Nice bit of kit. Terrific sound from both radio and CD. A little expensive perhaps, but for me, well worth it.
If you have the dosh, buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 7 Jan 2013
R. Hawkes (Orpington, Kent) - See all my reviews
Arrived promptly. A fella dropped it round in his car, which was a bit odd. Still, nice service.

This is a very classy box. Genuinely worth the money. It looks good and has a very good sound to it. My only real grumble is that the DAB radio takes about 4-5 seconds to get going. Probably me nit-picking, and I can't compare it to other DAB radios, so this may be a common issue. Once it's going though, the systems is fine. Again, this may be a common thing, but the stations produce a text stream showing what's coming up, what's playing etc. This box doesn't really do a great job of displaying those messages. Not enough character space in my opinion. But do I really care? Nah. To be honest, I'd just rather it wasn't there at all.

We have a Synology NAS box in our house, and I have DS Audio on the iPhone. It's a geeks paradise to be able to play my entire music collection on it by simply plugging the phone into it.

This is something that will get a lot of use and with its Aux In as well, I can plug it next to the telly and get a much better sound than the rubbish speakers they have.

Get one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect for bedside use, 18 Aug 2013
While I would certainly recommend this product for general home use, I think you should beware if your main thought was to use it as a bedside radio. The fact that it has an alarm and sleep function suggests that Roberts think you might well want to.
In fact, with really good volume control, this is one of the first devices I have seen that you can get really subtle tuning of low volumes for very quiet night listening - nice one.

BUT a couple of design flaws make it less than ideal as a bedside device:

1. You can only dim the display if the device is off. So if you are listening to it at night you have to put up with a firece blue glare in the room...
2. The control panel is not very tactile so very hard to work with in the dark.

One more minor gripe: why do I have to reset the information mode for DAB every time I switch on? It can remember eveything else so why not this?

Apart form that, if you want a portable Dock / CD / DAB for use around the house - this is a good choice.

I must say that I have NEVER found a perfect bedside radio in 30 years of looking. There seems to be some Douglas Adams type law of the uinverse that says that all bedside radios must contain at least one really annoying design flaw.

But if Roberts fixed the above I think they would be the closest to perfect I have yet seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars everything as good as promised, 31 Dec 2012
I bought this for my husband who is a techniphobe and he mastered all controls very easily. The sound quality is better than I expected and more than meets his needs for background music and a digital radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 20 April 2014
I compared the Roberts radio with the Bose by reading reviews and decided to purchase the Roberts on that basis. I find the Roberts to be exceptional both in ease of use and looks. However, the sound is beautiful on all levels.
I don't know how much better the Bose system is but what you've never had you never miss and I am more than happy with the Roberts in looks, sound and definately the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality, 27 Dec 2012
I wanted a DAB radio that could also accommodate my iPhone and play my cd's. I know next to nothing about the techy stuff but it sounds good. The only glitch is while charging the phone you can't have the radio on :-/ or else I'm doing something wrong. Overall well worth the money :-) good sound

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Sound, 30 Dec 2012
Setting up was very straight forward. The sound is fantastic for such a small system. Roberts is a quality make.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›