5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compact iPod dock, CD and radio - great sound
Bought this as a replacement for a Bose Wave radio/CD player and as a good quality iPod dock. The unit looks good and slightly retro with its wood trim. It feels very solid and well-constructed. Control panel is on top, but most everyday functions can also be controlled via the remote. The iPod connection is hidden under a small plastic panel just behind the control...
Published on 19 Aug. 2012 by Zebrasoma

3.0 out of 5 stars looks good sounds good
Overall good quality sound and and verey easy to use - only problem was that first unit had to be returned as the CD player didn't work. Can't believe such a good design is let down by the tacky nail-breaking cover for the docking point - really fiddly - and liable to get lost once off.
Published on 11 Mar. 2013 by Helena Alexander

‹ Previous | 116 17 1824 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Greats Sounding Device, Misgivings about the OS though., 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Roberts Sound100 CD/DAB/FM Digital Sound System with Dock for iPod/iPhone walnut (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Superb Sound which is the main thing. The remote (or rather the OS) is a bit of a faff to use though, I use AM radio as well as DAB and getting between two stations in the different modes is a bit of a pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the hell out of bose, 20 Oct. 2014
Brilliant service and delivery. Item is to replace a Bose, with a useless cd player.The Bose cost twice as much and has undergone an expensive repair. Still useless. This outperforms the Bose on all fronts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound and great buy ., 26 Nov. 2014
LOVELY .LOVELY LOVELY .It sounds so good .Its great .Really pleased with it.Nice size and colour Great for all ages.Best thing i have brought like this for ages .Would highly recommend it to all .

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD, BUT COULD BE BETTER, 20 Jun. 2013
Dave R "katsd" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is going to be more about the features of the unit, rather than the sound as my hearing is not the best nowdays - too many concerts & motorbikes.

I bought this to replace a Creative Soundwork unit in my home office, which I wanted to move elsewhere. There was nothing wrong with the Soundworks, but I wanted upgrade my bedroom system & thought I'd like to go with DAB where I listened most.

I'd been looking at Roberts units for a while & this one seemed the most suitable. Then it popped up on a Lightening Deal with forty quid off so I decided to give it a try.

Out of the box, I wasn't blown away by it's design - not repulsed, just not wowed. The Soundworks was a black & brushed chrome affair which is more my taste. This is a curvy, walnut affair which wouldn't have looked out of place in my grandads kitchen. I'd call it "retro", rather than "old-fashioned", it will appeal to some more than others. The front of the unit is uncluttered, control buttons being located on the top. Compared to the Soundworks it feels lighter, not as sturdy.

Very easy to set up, plug it in, extend the aerial & you're away. Tuned straight into DAB & fantastically clear sound without having to fiddle with the aerial. iPod drops straight in the slot in the top, which is where it will stay & is controlled through the remote - nice to have one remote to control everything. CD slot in the front completes the basic functions.

Soundwise - as good as the Soundworks and that is all I'd hoped for. To my ears it produces a rich, full sound which fills the room. It's never going to be an equal substitute for a full sound system, but for a medium sized room (bedroom, kitchen) it's ideal.

Function wise is where I have a few niggles.

I prefer having a volume control dial, you can operate volume from either the remote or via the top buttons but I'd still rather have a dial on the front.

I don't like having to scroll through all the modes to get to the desired function. On the Soundworks you pressed one button on the front to make your selection - on the 100 you have to scroll through all the other functions to get to the one you want.

Why place the headphone & aux sockets at the back? I can almost understand the aux, but headphones? That is taking the idea of a clean front to the extreme. I often plug my laptop into the aux socket & having to reach round the back is a pain - if you have it against a wall it'd be a nightmare.

The remote feels fairly flimsy & is designed so that the sensor is located on the side rather than the front meaning that you have to hold it sideways which just doesn't feel "right", a bit cumbersome.

Despite being told that the remote works all the iPod functions, it does not have a dedicated "Shuffle" button as my separate docks do. Which means you have to go into the iPods menu to access the shuffle function. Also, I can find no way to shuffle the tracks of just one artist as I can on both the Pure & Logic stand-alone systems. If anyone can enlighten me about this, I would be most grateful.

I've marked it down to three stars as I don't feel that the functions are as comprehensive as they could have been & the operation feels "clunky" compared to others. It's a unit which produces a good sound with most of the functions I need but design wise, it does nothing for me. But design is a subjective call - I prefer chrome & angular, others will prefer wood & curvy. You will not be disappointed by the sound though

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Sept. 2014
great little system with excellent sound that exceeds the size of the system and carries well with a full base and balanced mid and treble. I have a Roberts sound 200 and the 100 is its equal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this to replace a small hi-fi unit in the ..., 4 Jan. 2015
Bought this to replace a small hi-fi unit in the kitchen and wanted one that had DAB, an I pod dock and CD player. Sound outstanding looks fab, Roberts is certainly up there with Bose..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and value., 7 Nov. 2014
Having already got the Roberts MP43 model I knew what I was going to get quality wise with the Sound 100. I was not disappointed, the sound out of such a small system is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Fabulous quality as expected from Roberts, 12 Oct. 2014
Excellent. Fabulous quality as expected from Roberts, with very good sound. Easily portable from room to room, but so good we are planning to buy another to save the bother!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this excellent product, 29 Sept. 2014
Very pleased with this excellent product. It was so quick and easy to set up and am impressed with the quality of the unit and the sound. One of my best buys in years.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent piece of kit both technically and aesthetically, 28 July 2014
An excellent piece of kit both technically and aesthetically. Disappointed at finding out it will need an adaptor to play from an I-phone at a cost of £25.00!

‹ Previous | 116 17 1824 | Next ›