5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Blue Rays / DVDs I've ever brought!
I love this Blue Ray, it's so well put together, fun, informative, relaxing and emotional. Yes emotional.
Captain Jurgen Raps is one of the loveliest people you will ever meet or see and watching his crew at the end of everything will bring a tear to your eye. I know, a Pilots Eye DVD that makes you cry!
The A380 is the true dream machine. The cockpit is...
Published 14 months ago by MartC6

3.0 out of 5 stars Low resolution?
The DVD is great contents wise, but where's the 1080 resolution you talk about, it says on the back 720x576i50 and on my PC it looks really bad. Especially the subtitles are ugly to look at and a lot of the video has burned out whites. I don't have any problems with other movies in 720/1080 so do others have the same experience? I actually thought it was on Blu-Ray, but...
Published 15 months ago by Jlund

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Blue Rays / DVDs I've ever brought!, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: PilotsEYE.tv | A380 SAN FRANCISCO |:| Blu-ray Disc® |:| Flightdeck LUFTHANSA | A380 | The final flights of JR | Bonus: Toulouse Simulator (Blu-ray)
The A380 is the true dream machine. The cockpit is beautiful. Everything looks effortless.
Everything about this Blue Ray is beautiful, I've watched it multiple times and I never tire of watching it.
You bet I recommend it for anyone else, so much so I brought my dad the DVD version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing in US devices, 27 July 2013
J. White - See all my reviews
Hello,

This is an excellent video, an inside look at what it takes to move a modern Airliner.

I order this video from the USA after reading pilotseye.tv web site stating the Blu-Ray would play in most any US Blu-Ray player. So when it arrived I popped it into the PlayStation 3, the best Blu-Ray player on the market, bar none, and what do I get "Disk Defective or Unknown Code." I'm thinking great now what; I have another Blu-Ray player but it is a cheap LG player, no way it will work in that, but to my surprise it worked flawlessly and also played fine in a Windows 7 PC Blu-Ray player.

Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars PilotsEYE.tv | SAN FRANCISCO A380, 30 Jun 2013
Excellent dvd. Nice views and camera angles. English subtitles. Very informative. The tour of the factory where it is built was an added plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome A-380 Video!!, 13 April 2013
I saw a portion of this video on wimp.com and discovered the Blu Ray here. Because I live in the USA, I was unable to play it on my machine. I replaced the machine with an all zone unit and was blown away by the video. There are two stars in the production, Captain Raps and the A-380. To see someone devote an entire career to aviation and a single company is rare these days and it showed in the retirement ceremonies. The scenes are well composed and the editing is excellent! It is a very relaxing documentary and well worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality production!, 31 Jan 2013
V. Thu "vthu" (Santa Clara, CA) - See all my reviews
I have seen a lot of cockpit video and this company produces the best product. Those from another company just doesn't come close in terms of production quality. There is no shaky video or erratic camera movement. This is great stuff.

Also learn a lot about the aircraft, the crew, the ground personel. Awesome stuff!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Unique Perspective from the Flight Deck, 6 Oct 2012
I have a number of the PilotsEYE.tv DVDs. They are all great but this one is particularly worthwhile. Captain Juergen Rapps is Lufthansa's senior pilot and this is is final flight as he must retire from the flight deck after more than 19,000 hours at the controls. He is engaging and clearly loves what he is doing. You get the feeling that he would be flying the big birds for free, though getting a chief pilot's salary is a nice perk. I live in San Francisco and have taken many flights to European destinations. The approach to San Francisco is one of the best in the world with spectacular views of Marin County, the Golden Gate Bridge, the City of San Francisco, Alcatraz, Bay Bridge and views of the Bay and Oakland and the East Bay hills beyond. This DVD shows it all. One word of caution to US viewers. The format is PAL, so it won't play on the standard format of DVD players sold in the US. I watch this on a 27" iMac which permits both formats

4.0 out of 5 stars A380 SAN FRANCISCO, 7 May 2013
Excellent DVD.

Technical : ++++
External Views: ++++

French Translation would be great!!!

Have a very, very nice retirement Jürgen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 12 April 2014
Damir (South Africa) - See all my reviews
I loved every minute of it. Absolutely stunning footage that would please any aviation enthusiast.

Scenery is amazing - I wish I ordered the Bluray version of the disc to enjoy in HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, 14 Mar 2014
This DVD is worth while the money, really nice aspect of flying a Airbus A380 with all the details, i really like this DVD i would recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pilots eye 380 into San Francisco., 6 Nov 2013
R. Gardner "Corriebob" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I gave this as a present and eventually was able to borrow it back, (good system) It really is quite comprehensive compared to the short version which is good on You Tube, You get everything from the pilots setting the routes, the crew how they set up the instruments and aircraft and obviously the flight, for me the highlight is the approach into San Francisco. You probably have to be a bit of an aircraft Geek to appreciate the whole DVD. the crew are German and there are subtitles when you need them. I've watched a few different ones and I found this one of the best.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›