5.0 out of 5 stars Still gorgeous and a bit filthy
I know that some people have reservations because this album has gone in a pop direction, but I love it! The more I listen to it, the more I get addicted. Didn't disappoint me at all - still fabulous as ever. It was the ideal soundtrack for a party I did recently.
Published 19 months ago by Valerian

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as their prevoius album.
Still has some great tracks though. Haven't watched the DVD that came with it yet.... Was a nice surprise to find it! Really reasonable price.
Published 19 months ago by Sarah Burrows

5.0 out of 5 stars Still gorgeous and a bit filthy, 3 Nov. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars SCISSOR SISTERS ARE GREAT!!!, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Magic Hour (Audio CD)
I love the scissor sisters, there's no more to say, Perfect Deal!
Each album from this outrages group is different to the one before, and that's wha i like...

4.0 out of 5 stars Still got it, 15 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Magic Hour (Audio CD)
Unfortunately the copy of the album I received is scratched badly on two tracks, but that doesn't stop the realisation that this is a great, largely upbeat album. All the elements that make up the Scissor Sisters' sound are present and correct, with no dip in quality despite reaching their fourth album. The whole hangs together well despite five different producers being used including the Scissor Sisters themselves, Stuart Price and Calvin Harris. On some albums this could end up with a cobbled together patchwork - not here as the album bounces along at a great pace, hanging together well. Already a particular favourite, "Let's Have A Kiki" extols the virtues of a gathering, and is even better in its "DJ Nita Remix" form, one of the album's four bonus tracks.

If you like classic hits like "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" and the more balladic "Laura" you already have a good idea of the scope of this album - bouncy pop interspersed with the occasional slower number. It's a natural continuation of a great pop band with a well used formula that hasn't waned a bit. Now, all I need to do is re-order a new, unscratched copy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Smash hit album, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Magic Hour (Audio CD)
Loved 'shady love' and thought 'oh that's a brilliant tune. Scissor Sisters are back with excellent music. Enjoyed 'only the horses' but thought let's have a kiki was just astonishing. If you like these songs you will utterly love the album-sexy,fun,takes you away music-just like those sistas should be. Mmmm hmmm.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as their prevoius album., 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Magic Hour (CD+DVD) (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Too Shady..., 31 May 2012
T. Edwards - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Hour (Audio CD)
There aren't many albums that I listen to 3 times in a 24-hour period, but this is one! Nice mix of styles, mesmerising songs and a worthy successor to "Night Work".
Like most other reviewers on this site, I agree that "Let's Have a Kiki" is the stand out one by far, with its classic Scissor Sisters sense of fun. Saying this, "Shady Love", "Baby Come Home" and "Year of Living Dangerously" are awesome as well.
I was worried about the many different collaborators, but the doubt was uncalled for and everyone who worked on the album have come up with something incredible.

All in all, I loved this album from the first listen (which is strange for me, since it usually takes 3 or 4 listens) and I think that this is a worthy addition to the Sisters' repertoire.

Lock the doors tight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Magic Hour (CD+DVD) (Audio CD)
Received Saturday, added to MP3 Sunday, couldn't stop dancing on the sunlounger. Absolutely fantastic, love it and the remixes are wonderful. A very happy Scissor Sisters fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Never fail to please., 12 May 2014
This review is from: Magic Hour (Audio CD)
The Sisters always put out albums packed with feel good, foot tapping, sing along tunes. A good addition to any collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars For my mum, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Magic Hour (Audio CD)
My mum is a Scissor Sisters fan so when I saw this I brought it for her as a Christmas stocking filler. Lets just say it was played all day boxing day! Good catchy little cd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not the best album...., 3 April 2014
This review is from: Magic Hour (Audio CD)
Pretty good but I did not feel that it had the impact of the first two albums which were fantastic. A couple of excellent songs but I felt that quite a few were a little tired.