Size: 9.5 UK|Colour: White/Dark Green|Change

on 19 November 2014
I bought these to play squash with as I felt that my general trainers did not support me well enough on the squash court.

When the trainers arrived and I assessed their quality I was more than happy given the quality vs price tag and although they looked a bit plain and not very fashionably I was pleased with my purchase.

I'm a size 10 and found that the size 10 was a good fit although they did seem a bit tight at first. They are solid, flexibly and have an excellent grip that's well suited to the squash court.

When I used them for playing squash I found that they were a lot stiffer than normal trainers and it took 3-4 games to fully get used to them. I have found that they definitely provide good grip, support and stability in a way that 'Non Squash Trainers' can't do as well.

When I showed them to my old neighbour (a semi-pro) he was surprised that I paid so little and thought that they were good value. When I asked him if he would wear them he said no because he usually paid a lot more for his.

I have not had any problems with the trainers and have washed them in the washing machine at + 30 Deg C followed by slow drying outside and next to the fire or radiators (not too close though).

Verdict: Great Value For Novice Squash Players However A Semi-Pro Or Better Is More Likely To Need A Better Pair

'Feedback - If you found any aspects of this review useful and you would like to leave feedback - please follow the link below - thanks'.
on 6 February 2013
Bought these on price and have been pleasantly surprised at the comfort and quality. Although marketed as a squash trainer, I have been using to play badminton and they provide good grip and support. If you don't need the latest style then I can't see why you would pay more for trainers!
on 20 May 2014
I wore these for about three months, playing two matches a week, but then the upper tore away completely from the sole, near where the laces start at the ball of the foot. There is a rip about 5cm wide. So I had to throw away an otherwise perfect and nearly-new pair of shoes.

I have replaced with a higher grade pair of hi-tec squash shoes, nine months in they are lasting very well.
on 10 March 2013
Very pleased with the sports shoes and they were a good price too. Very comfortable and good for playing badminton.
on 4 February 2011
I bought these squash shoes because they are the best shoes I have found to do taichi in, as they are more flexible than other trainers. I can't find any locally for women so I bought them online. I bought exactly the same size that I have been buying for years and they came up at least a half size smaller! When I compared them with my old ones, exactly the same sizing, the sole is a centimetre shorter, and half a centimetre narrower. I now have a black big toenail as a result of trying to play badminton in them!
on 4 November 2015
Pros:
The grip is very good
Cheap

Cons:
Fit: Slightly big, especially around the toe area (too much movement in my eyes) - although something I quickly adjust to.
Insole: Good for the first few weeks/months (depends on how often you play) but the fabric layer started to come apart from the spongy layer and then 2 holes started to form at the toe area. One at the big toe and one at the 'knuckle'/joint of the big toe. This hole grew and grew until there was no sponge/protection around that area. I've fixed this by buying a completely new insole.

The cons may seem to outweigh the pros but honestly, this is a nice shoe and the insole problem may have been just a personal issue. Perhaps it was a one off issue or it is down to the way I play/run which causes a lot of friction or force on the insole.

Note: I have had this shoe for just over a year and play on a weekly basis.
review image review image
on 22 May 2015
Ok these were £20 which is a very cheap price however they are really wide, I mean really REALLY WIDE. Too Wide. Wider even than some skate shoes I have! And I have never had a wide shoe problem before. As a result even though they fit length wise and are the correct size for my feet they don't actually fit snug on my feet so the shoes start to slide around when things start to get a bit sweaty. A couple of chums have older versions of these, and they are 'normal' sized but these new ones are much wider than them so somewhere along the line they decided to go WIDE, or I just got a dodgy pair. Anyway, I am glad they were only £20 as they are going in the bin and I will get a different pair that aren't so stupidly WIDE!
on 29 November 2013
First bought a pair of these about 30 years ago when playing league squash and they were just as good then as they are today. Design hasn't changed in all that time but "why change something that isn't broken". Hats off to Hi-Tec for not just following fashion trends.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 September 2014
I can't remember when I bought the current pair. There was an interval of a few years in my squash playing, but I suspect it was over a decade ago. Now? There's a split on the outside of each shoe, about where the lip of the front part of the sole comes to an end, longer on the left (my left foot being slightly the larger, so the shoe is under slightly more stress). The fabric under the heel long ago wore through on both. The fabric at the back of the heel has now worn through in a couple of places on both, such that it's shifting around a bit, prompting me to buy a new pair. After, probably, 7-9 years of regular use.

I might have bought a new pair before now, but I thought I'd be packing up playing, so it wouldn't be worth it (I can't fairly be described as young). Now though, I've concluded I'll probably be playing once & twice a week for another decade, so I ought to buy... Well, this will be the same pair as I had before, as far as I can tell. Comfortable? Yes. Effective? Yes. Value for money? Top notch!
on 21 September 2015
These are great shoes and cost only £20, a price that hasn't changed for about 10 years. They are light and provide good support but the heel does not press on the Achilles tendon too much. This is my second pair; my first pair have become too soft and one seam is tearing after about 10 years of weekly badminton. They appear a bit hard and stiff during the first few games. I change the insole for one which provides more shock absorbance and is slightly thicker than the one supplied. I find this gives me a more comfortable fit and less strain from impact. I think that having my heel raised slightly also reduces pressure on the Achilles. A good shoe and you can get the same for four times the price!