on 8 March 2015
It was cheap, so it was worth a small risk.
The risk wasn't worth it.

It arrived without any packaging, just the bare device in the envelope.
That was scratched on the top surface with one chip in the corner and scuffed/dirty/worn around the other sides, suggesting to me this was plucked from a second-hand box of used parts not a factory-new product.

Oh, and not forgetting the rust on the insides of two of the connector sockets.

A few other poor reviews combined with the poor state of the device warned me away from even testing it for fear it would explode in my face or blow the circuits in the car.

The experience was the worst I've seen for many years and should be avoided by anyone contemplating this purchase. Try for a high priced but potentially more reliable source.
review image review image review image
on 19 September 2013
The one I received was defective. The plug was wired with reverse polarity so as soon as I plugged it in I was greeted by the smell of the USB electronics frying. LUCKILY I had nothing else plugged in at the time, else it could have caused some VERY expensive damage.
On the plus side, at least for once the plastic the product was made from was sturdier than the blister pack it came in! Those packs can be impossible!
on 31 October 2013
Only worked once before it failed . Therefore considered to be very poor quality and a complete waste of money!
on 14 May 2014
Worked for a week then just stopped. very flimsy item doesn't seem well put together. Would advise anyone not to buy this
on 13 September 2013
Worked perfectly well the 1st time i used it. Bought it partially for the USB charger. We do a lot of long journeys so perfect for the ipad, iphone ect. 2nd time i tried to use it the USB part just refused to work. This is the 2nd one we have had and the same problem. Won't be buying another!
on 11 November 2014
Avoid like a plague. Amazon becoming worse than eBay?

This is the worst products I have purchased from Amazon. The product was for the car camera. The product was installed and the indicator lamp came on. When the camera was plugged in, the light went off.
There was no power.

Used the spare one, same again.

The one I purchased on eBay is still working.

Waste of money.
on 13 March 2014
Handy gadget gets round the demand for multiple sockets for charging and running various modern demands such as SatNav, tablets, mobiles,MP3 etc. Excellent value.
on 27 May 2014
This excellent value multi-socket has a red led which illuminates when live. I did not see that in the advert. You need to be cautious not to overload this socket as it is fused at 5amp, which with three devices connected could easily be exceeded. Essential to know that the fuse (in the plug) is 20mm long: it is NOT like a UK mains plug fuse. Amazon can supply this fuse and I would suggest get 10amp ones - but beware of overloading the cable
The other limitation is that there is no socket designed to take the cigarette lighter - the three sockets are for accessory use only.
on 15 February 2014
Paid for it. Received it. Plugged it in. Tried to figure out why it didn't work. Chucked it out the window. Drove over it. Reversed over it. Left it.
44 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2013
Excepting that it's white in colour (photos indicate black, can't see any mention that it may be other than as shown) I can't argue - plug it in, it works just fine. Looks horrid in a predominantly black interior, but guess I'm lucky it didn't turn out pink ! Replaces a broken one bought elsewhere several years ago (wires tend to break over time where they exit the body) - the main selling point for me is the wires coming off at an angle from the plug - this means that I don't have them trailing across my gearlever.