5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back many happy memories of childhood.
Published 24 months ago by Pyewacket

3.0 out of 5 stars good listening
well read and and enjoyed listening to but not a book i would pick up a again, but others might enjoy more
Published 2 months ago by jeanette-margaret antonio

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back many happy memories of childhood., 4 Sep 2012
Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
I remember having this book read to me at school and all the class were rapt and couldn't wait for every Friday afternoon for the next installment. The love of this book has grown as I have grown older and each time I read it, I find something new and more delightful in it. How I long to sit in Badgers comfortable home or watch the river go gliding past whilst at Ratty's house. Even Moles little home is charming with his little skittle alley. Toad Hall didn't impress me much as a child and still doesn't but who can't love the bumptious and rather silly Toad? He maybe rash and naughty but at heart he is a loveable chap.

This book simply doesn't date and the descriptions given of the river and the herbage and of the Wild Wood are superb. Probably my favourite chapter being Pagan, is The Piper at the Gates of Dawn'. Ratty and Mole are swept along without oars listening to music coming from they know not where until they find themselves on a little island and there they find a certain special someone plus the Otters son who has been missing for some time.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough for children and adults alike............it simply transports you to a quieter, nicer time and makes you feel all 'squishy' and happy inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wind in the willows, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
Best book I've read for a while. It is very good and well written. I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic literature, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
Every child should have a copy of this on their book-shelf (or Kindle). A classic of literature. My little girl loved me reading this to her as a bedtime story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tradition, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book to read to my grandchildren, It is a book I grew up with, my children loved it and I hope in this high tech world that my small grandchildren will love Mole, Toad and all the others

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
One of my very favorite stories and not just a childrens book. The authors descriptions of nature and the animals are wonderful and I became fully immersed in the book. It seems so real. READ IT !!

4.0 out of 5 stars A trip back into a world of excitement, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
Beautifully crafted tale with funny characters and lots of adventures by mole ratty badger and toad.

Good book for new readers and a real classic

5.0 out of 5 stars Rereading Wind in the Willows, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful way to reread a longtime favourite story which is as good as when I was entranced by it as a child

5.0 out of 5 stars When nothing else will do..., 14 Jan 2013
DR (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
If you haven't read this book - read it!

If you have read it, you'll know the part when Mole hears his home calling to him...? Well that's how I feel about The Wind in the Willows. I read a lot - technical books, fiction of many genres but then... every now and again... this book calls to me.

And guess what? Now I don't have to root through my bookcases to find my old, tattered copy (or surreptitiously root through my wife's books and sneak off with hers), now I can keep it on my Kindle and reread it whenever I like.

Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about with Kindles...

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic book not just for children, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
A very well written classic that you just love to read more then once & the boundless imagination of the author takes you to a different place within the book every time you pick it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wind in the Willows, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
A much loved book re-read many times. A classic which I would recommend to young and old. Charming characters, especially Ratty.

The Wind in the Willows