5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Garde
I read this book many year ago when I was in middle school, and was absolutely delighted when I was looking through Amazon's free classics available for kindle and found The Secret Garden again. Just remembering the words from so long ago bring back the amazing evocation of spring, joyous excitement and new growth - a perfect read for the new year, I felt. Any book that...
Published 19 months ago by abbieh

3.0 out of 5 stars Childhood dream
I thought I had read this book as a child but seems I was mistaken. I quite enjoyed it but it was rather sanctimonious and rather too good to be true. I suppose people wouldn't behave like this nowadays.
Published 19 months ago by dupressa

‹ Previous | 142 43 4453 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An English Classic, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
The Secret Garden has always been one of my favorite classic and now that it was free for Kindle I couldn't resist to download it and reread it again. Brings back memories and it is such a sweet story.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Secret garden, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
Great book classic classic. Very heart warming and a very innocent look on the world. Have they made a movie?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kids book, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
Good easy read enjoyed as a child and enjoyed again as adult would recommend to any one 10 years old or over

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
This book is amazing such a gripping story could not keep my eyes off this book :) it was excellent

4.0 out of 5 stars Secret Garden, 9 Jan 2013
Jackie (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
This is quite a simple tale, yet it holds my interest. I'm only 30% through it, I don't read as fast as Amazon expect, but I do like the characters. The Yorkshire dialect is a delight to read, especially as my Mothers family came from Yorkshire, so perhaps I am biased.

Where is the story going? I don't know for sure, and I am enjoying following the characters. Maybe I am scoring it a little low, it's not a blockbuster, nor a bodice-ripper, but a charming story to follow, beautifully written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
Classic, which is even better when read as an adult. I would recommend for children and nostalgic adults alive :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite since childhood, 8 Jan 2013
Wren (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
I was probably influenced by my mum who claims it as her favorite book. I love this story, as a child I liked the story of the the three children finding one another and growing as the garden grows.
As an adult I still love the story but it's lead me to further reading about the Raj and about the different worlds occupied by Martha, Dickon, Mary and Colin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic to read it again, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
This was the first book I downloaded on to my Kindle Fire over Christmas. I SO enjoyed reading it again, having watched various adaptations and listening to audio versions as a little girl, it was great to revel in the writing. The descriptions are fantastic and draw you in to the Secret Garden itself. I may just have to re-read my childhood books again, excuse me while I head off in to the Wild Wood with Ratty and Mole!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
I have always loved the film but for some reason never read the book. So glad I did, as always books bring far more imagination and wonder than a film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Book The Secret Garden, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
Received a Kindle for Christmas and downloaded this as it's a favourite of my mothers.....loving it what a lovely story (even if it is for children!)

‹ Previous | 142 43 4453 | Next ›