on 28 February 2013
These books arrived very quickly. Although bought as used they were in top condition & looked new. I was engrossed with the first book but didn't realise til the end that it was a trilogy. I quickly found the other two & as soon as they arrived started reading. I am now half way through the third book & don't really want it to end. A very engaging story full of trials, tests both emotionally & physically, & sometimes extreem hardship. It tells of loyalty, danger, but most of all courage & love. A fantastic read & i will be sorry when it ends. The main character Katniss is only 16 & endured such hardships that I'm sure few of us could manage. A wonderful story, well written & so rivetting I couldn't put it down. I would recommend these books to anyone who wants to lose themselves into another world for a while.
on 26 April 2013
My daughter says they are good quality books and a great read. She can't wait for the next film to come out in November. A must for all Hunger Games fans. She read the books in the library and liked them so much that she bought them. She is also recommending that we, her parents read them to.
on 30 August 2013
After having downloaded the first in the Hunger Games trilogy I decided to buy the book versions of the next two. They are hard to put down and I looked forward to each night to read the next section.
on 26 April 2013
These books were un-put-downable. Completely addictive storyline with each chapter ending on a cliffhanger making you want to continue reading. I was absolutley gutted when I'd finished all three books - I could have read them forever. Good for ages 14 up I would say as they get quite graphic - more graphic than the films. In fact, they are better than the films - read these first, you won't be disappointed.
on 2 January 2014
The sender was not only extremely timely but the books completely live up to their expectation. A very interesting parallel to draw with past and contemporary society which questions the way in which we lived/live and hopefully helps change how we will. A true "can't-put-it-down" kind of book series and I would highly recommend others to read it. Thanks again!
on 2 January 2013
This review is actually not from myself, its being told to me by my niece.
I bought this pair of books as a xmas present for my niece and she tells me they are fabulous and she loves them.!!!!
Not alot else i can say to be honest, but from my point of view they were well worth their money if she has enjoyed them as much as she says.
on 30 September 2013
Arrived on time - very good value - would use site again for quality and quickness of service

sharron - Beverley
on 25 June 2014
I bought the first Hungar Games as i had heard good reviews from a friends mum who had been reading it and i was not let down.
I read a lot of books and I couldnt put these down
I loved Hunger Games so much i went on and bought these next two books while i was still reading the first one so they would be delivered before i finished the first one so i didnt have put any of them down and wait to find out what happens next.

The films are good and as true to the book as they can be (the films cant put everything in) Suzanne Collins is actually writing the scripts for the films so they do honour the storyline and feel of the books

If you like a good book especially a triology these are a must read

Amaziong books, great price, good delivery
on 20 January 2013
Given the number of negative reviews that have been posted on Mockingjay, I have to say how much I have enjoyed this final book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. After reading the reviews I almost did not buy the book expecting it to be a disappointment after the previous two. I suspect that much of the criticism arises due to the problem that Suzanne Collins had in following the previous books without simply repeating the previous formula and in developing the characters in a realistic manner. This I think she does superbly. Yes, the book is much darker, slower in places , more considered, and sadder to the point of heart rending, however the characters ring true to their hunger games history. This is a story of tortured broken souls - and what else would they be. The world that Katniss has found in this third book is not one of black and white, of simple good and evil, and not a naive story in the nature of 'The Empire strikes back', but is a greyer, less certain, more complex and ultimately more real. Having said that, I certainly did not find the book at all slow or boring as some others seem to have. Much of the book continues with the same excitement and energy as in the previous books, and Suzzanne Collins continues to surprise, repeatedly taking the story in the least obvious direction. This is the Hunger Games grown up, and a conclusion that has to be read.
on 22 February 2013
Just as good as the first book in the trilogy, real page turner, would recommend to anyone and cannot believe it was designed with mainly teenagers in mind. Normally I do not like science fiction or futuristic fiction and only read because friend said I must, so glad I did.