on 19 March 2013
I love everything about this radio, the sound , the easy to get stations, the size and of course the fab colour, also am so impressed with the service you get from Amazon & my cats adore the boxes & paper.. Thankyou Paula Jones.
on 20 July 2012
I bought a Pure Evoke -1 in 2007 and was very impressed with it's simplicity and sound (didn't have a time display on it during operation though). It has travelled with me everywhere and now lives in the kitchen and has been faultless.
After much deliberating I eventually forked out for another one as I listen to the radio at work all day long. I assumed the sound would be exactly the same with the Evoke Mio and it was the aesthetics I was deciding on rather that the inners of the radio itself.
The design of the Mio, especially in pepper, is faultless; a wonderful piece of design. Simplistic, elegant and even tactile.
It's opertion is intuitive and a slight improvement on the Evokie -1. It tuned in 35 staions in what is usually a black spot for DAB signal.The sound it makes however is weak and gutless. The volume is pathetic and if turned up something starts to resinate within. The first 1/3 of the volume range is inaudible. When comparing the two (-1 against the Mio) the sound quality is tinny with much less base and midrange. I suppose it would be acceptable for spoken voices but certainly not for music.
Overall I am hugely dissapointed that a radio 5 years old is still better than it's more modern cousin as I would have expected the technology to have advanced not gone backwards. I am returning it asap.
on 18 January 2014
Thought long and hard before purchasing this radio as it was expensive. But delighted as the quality is excellent and feel it was worth the additional cost. Good quality sound and good looking. Love it. Dab radio is brilliant and opening up a whole new world of entertainment eg Radio Four Extra, World News and much better than watching TV.
on 14 September 2014
basically doesn't pick up alot of the stations, I have a dab I bought from Sainsburys for £30 which picks up everything, on this I can't get Capital, Heart, and Magic all the stations my wife likes, she loves the colour the design abd the quality of the sound but she cant get what she wants to listen to, tried to contact Pure now 3 times and also cant get to talk to any one at amazon so don't know what I will do with this yet.
on 24 May 2014
I checked out all the reviews before selecting this radio. Very pleased with it. Excellent sound quality and it looks good too.
on 14 August 2012
I already have one and decided to get another for the upstairs. These radios are brilliant. The sound is really good. The appearence is retro but look brilliant. I liked the choice of colours available. This time I selected the seagrass.I would rather pay a bit extra to have quality and durability than get a less expensive one and find it does last. Easy to tune even for a novice like me who can't even tune the car radio. What I love about these radios are that they are portable if you buy the battery, which I did because i like to take mine into the garden with me or even when we go out for the day - extremely handy and the battery lasts forever. Great investment.
on 1 December 2014
I bought this model after reading rave reviews, but sad to say, the sound quality fell short of my expectation. The fact that the sound cannot be adjusted is a disadvantage. Even at the discounted price I think it is expensive for what it is. Its saving grace is its cute design and portability, due to the rechargeable battery which has to be bought separately and is way too expensive. 3 stars is the most I can give it. Lesson learnt - pay more attention to critical reviews than ravy ones.
on 12 November 2013
It's a nice radio but the volume seems to be very low. I guess I have to keep it up high.
on 30 March 2014
I simply love this little radio. It is small and neat but so easy to use and has marvellous sound quality. I particularly like that you can also get foreign stations with ease and clarity.
on 31 August 2015
I made the mistake of discounting the reviews which were critical of the boomy sound of this radio and was influenced by the large number of 5 star reviews. I have discovered to my cost that the sound output is optimised to give a boomy resonance which is just acceptable on music and seems to be what all manufacturers are doing these days.
On speech however this resonance is very tiring and makes some speech difficult to understand. Listening on R4 I am finding for the first time that I have not understood what has been said.
The Mio has no tone adjustment so it is not possible to correct it, but Ideally I would like to be able to turn down the bass and turn up the treble!
Compared with my old Roberts R309 FM which is crystal clear, the Mio sounds almost muffled.
I am very disappointed as I thought I was buying quality sound. I have stupidly thrown away the packaging so I cannot return it now but will have to replace it. I'll probably try Roberts next time.
(Added later)
In fact my daughter has just bought a Roberts stereo radio and the sound is even more muddy and indistinct, again with no tone controls to correct it. Why can't the radio manufacturers get this right?!!
It has made me realise that my Mio is actually not that bad in comparison. I have, sort of, got used to it's sound and although it is not as clear as my old FM Roberts, it is acceptable and I have changed my rating from 2 to 3 stars.