5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
Can't begin to explain how amazing this is! For me it's one of those that you have to watch a few times to fully understand but it's great. The storyline is once again amazing. I thought the first season was great but this is even better. All the actors actresses are amazing and it definitely deserves more than 5 stars. I definitely recommend!
Published 11 months ago by Zls94

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first series
So much to like here. The setting, the mystery, the acting. Sadly what lets it down is how it all comes together, or rather doesn't. Too many unsatisfying threads, not enough power in the last couple of episodes. It's a shame after how good the first series was but I can hope that series three is back on track.
Published 9 months ago by Mr. Alexander Korbey

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!, 6 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonkers but Brilliant, 6 Dec 2013
Kevin J. Monks (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Horror Story - Season 2 (Asylum) [DVD] (DVD)
Deeply disturbing and quite unpleasant in places. Not for the squeamish. Certainly not to everyone's taste. Completely bonkers so you have to suspend disbelief and go with the flow. It throws in everything imaginable and really shouldn't work but pulls it off with panache. Well written and superbly acted. I was a little under-whelmed by the first series but this was brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop watching, 10 Mar 2014
Season 2 is much better than Seasons 1 or 3 in my opinion. I found it creative, creepy, entertaining and visually stunning. One particular scene with Frances Conroy and Jessica Lange comes to mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Look into the face of evil", 10 Jun 2013
Dante Golio (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
*Minor Plot Spoilers*

Season 2 is a huge improvement from the ghost story of season 1. Not to trash the meticulous craftsmanship and brilliant acting of the original, but, the problem there was substantial: Not one character to root for or engage with on an emotional level. AHS: ASYLUM, on the other hand, provides several sympathetic "heroes," wonderful villains and is so deeply moving by the end, it becomes an unforgettable drama-thriller classic.

Of course, you get plenty of "nut-house" chills (including two very intense scenes of electro-shock treatment), but the show-makers wisely don't confine this chapter to the ground. Many other horror tropes play supporting roles: Aliens, mutated cannibals, Nazis and the big baddie himself, that's right, The Devil.

It all works perfectly and the actors and writers all deserve awards. Bring on season 3: COVEN!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and freaky! Loved it :), 27 July 2014
Laura "-x-WelshieBunnie-x-" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Horror Story - Season 2 (Asylum) [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not a big fan of super gorey/blood fest horror, but I like strange/disturbing/super natural types. After hearing good reviews decided to give American Horror Story a go and wow - very impressed! Dark and freaky but with great storylines! Season 1 was ace, but I really enjoyed Season 2 - very disturbing but so well done. Fantastic acting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible but in a really good way!, 1 Dec 2014
S. Broadbent "cyberspaceexpress" (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: American Horror Story - Season 2 (Asylum) [DVD] (DVD)
i found American Horror Story a real surprise package.
I admittedly started from a low expectation point and found myself hooked on this excellent drama.
Firstly it is a proper horror show, with some genuine spine tingling moments.
Next the stories are really rather good. this is very well written.
The direction is taut and the acting superb.
I am not going to include spoilers, if you haven't seen the show you will probably enjoy it more not knowing what's coming next.
That is, when all said and done the point of horror, the unexpected.
Horrible, but in a really good way.

5.0 out of 5 stars extreme violence and disturbing images - not for faint of heart- BLOODY AWSOME SEASON, 10 Dec 2014
This review is from: American Horror Story - Season 2 (Asylum) [DVD] (DVD)
This season is really great, I just finished up with it last night. I actually cried during the last episode and I really didn't think it would make me do something like that. I really love when scenes catch me off guard like that. my face was an absolute mess after it.
I read some 1 star (amazon.com) reviews and they all said they couldn't get past the 5th episode so I was very interested to see just how gross this show was. I must say as unsettling and gross those episodes are I didn't flinch. yes its gross and downright disturbing but I knew what I was in for and that it wasn't real so it never bothers me. There are a lot of spraying blood scenes but I LOVE THEM. There was a guy from the FX team that said it was very hard to get it to spray just the way you want and all of them looked brilliant. lol waaaah blood everywhere, it was super fun to watch.

The make up FX in this season are through the roof and the team did such an amazing job in making everything look as disgusting as they could. there are characters in this that are injected with TB and the make up is just so nasty looking.
I thought the alien was kind of wasted because it looks so amazing, its crazy creepy looking but you don't really see it that much its all kind of blurred out. the bloody face character is going to give plenty of people nightmares. again it didn't bother me because that is something that doesn't scare me but it is fairly sick to look at. Many people will be afraid of it.

One character that stood out the most was played by the reaper.....I wont give it away but I loved Frances Conroy in the 1st season but she really did a job on me in this season. She plays 2 rolls that are very different. She is a force to be reckoned with for sure and such a joy to watch on screen. keep an eye out for her and just get ready she is so epic my jaw hit the damn floor when I saw her enter scene. its best not to look it up on google because it will give it away so just watch it, no google images.

The performance from the same crew as season one and a few new members to the crew are also ten fold and I MEAN 10 FOLD. They all really blew me away even more then the 1st season. Everyone here is put into the meat grinder and tormented to pieces in this season. There is no mercy for anyone. The tables turn so many times you haven't a bloody clue what's going on. At one point I was just up in arms, still loving it but really didn't even bother trying to predict what was going to happen. I got one or two things on the button but they were more obvious. the performance from everyone is beyond amazing. Jessica, AGAIN plays so many rolls here and she nails every single one. I loved the story she was giving its absolutely heart-breaking. Also loved the dance scene it was a real treat to watch and a lovely surprise in the middle of all the darkness. Speaking of darkness the sets for the asylum are very impressive. Also loved the possessed nurse, though for some reason I thought she was going to turn white and have black stuff coming out of her eyes like the cover......lol that never happened.

I really loved this season but must say that it is not going to be for everyone. There are themes in this that will make a lot of people VERY uncomfortable with scenes of electro shock treatment (even I found it very hard to watch that) and torture scenes involving deliberate decapitations. these scenes feel very real and you cant help but cringe at the poor characters as they are put to the test.

Let it be known before anyone watches this - it is not for the faint heart, it is extremely bloody and violent, especially in the first half. If you don't mind that and can handle the pressure you are in for a serious treat. The story in this season is just so good, I wont even say anything just watch it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Be a Stranger in Jessica Lange's Mad House..., 12 Dec 2014
Mr. Oh Hamlyn "Mr Wilde" (England) - See all my reviews
Whereas the first season dealt exclusively with ghosts, in season two of AHS the writers have seemingly had some sort of confidence boost as the show is needlessly stuffed with all the usual horror tropes of demonic possessions, Nazis, human experimentation, alien abductions, serial killers and even the devil himself. Despite the unnecessary amount of additions, it is a testament to American Horror Story that it is still able to land on its own two feet and provide a perfectly enjoyable, engaging, addicting, and above all frightening season. Where most shows would collapse under this level of ambition, AHS seems to utilise it to create its own brand of pure weirdness.
Jessica Lange is easily the highlight as Sister Jude, the story arc of her character being particularly impressive, and I was surprisingly moved by the series on multiple occasions. Evan Peters is also given a very different role to play in contrast to the psychopathic Tate, and the cast in general seem to flourish here more than in the first season.
In terms of story, the amount of sub plots all seem to drown out the main plot, and a less-is-more approach would have been much more effective. Whilst it certainly suffers from trying to hard on numerous occasions, and the horror is as over-the-top as you might expect, this season is a considerably darker entry in the series, in many ways an improvement over season 1, but it still has its flaws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 17 Jun 2014
If you have seen any of the other American Horror Story seasons then this is a MUST SEE! Its gripping and touching and a little bit messed up! Its worth watching just for Jessica Lange! BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: American Horror Story - Season 2 (Asylum) [DVD] (DVD)
Didn't think anything could be better than American Horror Story season 1, but season 2 was excellent and so well done, acting was exceptional and story was gripping. Definitely recommend.

American Horror Story - Season 2 (Asylum) [DVD]