5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same (in a good way!)
Published 15 months ago by jlf

3.0 out of 5 stars Discs
I enjoy New Girl Series 2 but while I was watching the first disc it froze in two different places making me to have to pause and play to carry on, I was unsure how to send it back which is why I haven't already. Thanks
Published 8 months ago by J.Graceffa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same (in a good way!), 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I generally prefer British TV, especially when it comes to comedy, but a friend recommended New Girl to me and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. It's fast paced, well written, and genuinely funny: much better than a lot of other American 'comedy'. The characters, although obviously flawed, are all likeable. Some of Schmidt's lines have made me laugh out loud, and the chemistry between the four flatmates is always brilliant.
If you watched the first season then you'll be glad to know that season 2 is just as good, but if you haven't seen it yet then I definitely recommend you give it a go! The only programme I can think to compare this to is Friends although the two aren't really that similar; this is like a more up-to-date take on the dynamics of a group of people who live together and often fight, argue and find themselves in awkward situations. I purchased the first season on DVD earlier this year, and will be purchasing this once it is released so that I can rewatch all the episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRULY GREAT AND HONEST COMEDY!!!, 20 Aug 2014
Greggorio! (Amazing Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I fell in love with the cast and characters of this show early in season one. It has been several months since i stopped watching those classic episodes and with great anticipation did i tear up the packaging in order to sample season two. Initially, the magic wasn't there. The acting, and dialogue appeared forced and obviously choreographed, and for me, the laughs just weren't there. But i kept the faith, and kept watching, and BAM! - in the blink of an eye, i was hooked. I got it. I got the jokes, the characters, the mannerisms, the idiosynchrocies and of course, the character development of at least two of the stars were a blessing.

I love this show. It is truly hilarious. It is honest, and direct, and funny, and at times, poignant. It is direct. It is relevant.

The bloopers are less than hysterical, but we don't watch NEW GIRL for the bloopers. We watch for the beautiful blue eyes of Zooey Deschanel, and to see if her character ends up in the arms of the hopelessly flawed, but heroically honest Nick Miller. And does Cici and up with Super Schmidt? Or will that have to wait for season three? I don't really care. Because I only really care about Jess.

Full marks for this excellent purchase.

BFN Greggorio!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Season 2 is just as hilarious and relatable as Season 1 and one of the few programmes I can watch over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets better and better, 19 July 2013
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
New Girl's second season, in my opinion, is even better than the first, with some of the best episodes the show has made to date. There's ample character development, laughs, not to mention the cast really come into their own. I would definitely recommend it - roll on season 3! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I am happy with my purchase, however I find constantly having to enter set up to turn off the subtitles on every episode to be a little unnecessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant show, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
DVD game very quick. Great show, one of the funnest shows to ever come out of America. A must bye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Jun 2014
Donna H. (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I was sceptical about this show at first, but after watching the season 1 episode 'Jess and Julia' I was won over, and ended up watching season one over and over again while waiting for season 2.

I have now watched season 2 over and OVER again while waiting for season 3. It never fails to make me laugh, regardless of how many times I've seen an episode, and it just gets better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Girl!, 27 May 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I just loved this season and can't wait until the next comes out! I find the characters are all very zany but likeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this for a friends birthday present, who is obsessed, New Girl just seems to be getting better! Would recommend this to anyone who wants to watch something light hearted, its got me hooked!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
New Girl just gets better and better! Just need season 3 now! If you haven't seen it, watch it NOW!!! ******

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

New Girl - Season 2 [DVD]
New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] by Zooey Deschanel (DVD - 2013)