5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same (in a good way!)
Published on 18 Jun. 2013 by jlf

3.0 out of 5 stars I loved season 1 but was disappointed with the second one
I loved season 1 but was disappointed with the second one. I felt as if the actors were trying too hard and the plotline was quite predictable and not that different or new
Published 5 months ago by Redsgang

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same (in a good way!), 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I generally prefer British TV, especially when it comes to comedy, but a friend recommended New Girl to me and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. It's fast paced, well written, and genuinely funny: much better than a lot of other American 'comedy'. The characters, although obviously flawed, are all likeable. Some of Schmidt's lines have made me laugh out loud, and the chemistry between the four flatmates is always brilliant.
If you watched the first season then you'll be glad to know that season 2 is just as good, but if you haven't seen it yet then I definitely recommend you give it a go! The only programme I can think to compare this to is Friends although the two aren't really that similar; this is like a more up-to-date take on the dynamics of a group of people who live together and often fight, argue and find themselves in awkward situations. I purchased the first season on DVD earlier this year, and will be purchasing this once it is released so that I can rewatch all the episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRULY GREAT AND HONEST COMEDY!!!, 20 Aug. 2014
Greggorio! (Amazing Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I fell in love with the cast and characters of this show early in season one. It has been several months since i stopped watching those classic episodes and with great anticipation did i tear up the packaging in order to sample season two. Initially, the magic wasn't there. The acting, and dialogue appeared forced and obviously choreographed, and for me, the laughs just weren't there. But i kept the faith, and kept watching, and BAM! - in the blink of an eye, i was hooked. I got it. I got the jokes, the characters, the mannerisms, the idiosynchrocies and of course, the character development of at least two of the stars were a blessing.

I love this show. It is truly hilarious. It is honest, and direct, and funny, and at times, poignant. It is direct. It is relevant.

The bloopers are less than hysterical, but we don't watch NEW GIRL for the bloopers. We watch for the beautiful blue eyes of Zooey Deschanel, and to see if her character ends up in the arms of the hopelessly flawed, but heroically honest Nick Miller. And does Cici and up with Super Schmidt? Or will that have to wait for season three? I don't really care. Because I only really care about Jess.

Full marks for this excellent purchase.

BFN Greggorio!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets better and better, 19 July 2013
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
New Girl's second season, in my opinion, is even better than the first, with some of the best episodes the show has made to date. There's ample character development, laughs, not to mention the cast really come into their own. I would definitely recommend it - roll on season 3! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Season 2 is just as hilarious and relatable as Season 1 and one of the few programmes I can watch over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This show is the best thing on TV, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this show, its so funny with the best oneliners and good old fashioned slapstick.
It has an amazing cast who understand and know their characters, with writers who are telling a story that is constantly evolving.
Seriously can't understand why everyone is not watching this show, come on people if you want to laugh constantly for 30 minutes give New Girl a try, I promise you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Jun. 2014
Donna H. (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I was sceptical about this show at first, but after watching the season 1 episode 'Jess and Julia' I was won over, and ended up watching season one over and over again while waiting for season 2.

I have now watched season 2 over and OVER again while waiting for season 3. It never fails to make me laugh, regardless of how many times I've seen an episode, and it just gets better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just gets better, 24 Dec. 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
season 1 is truely hilarious, and this season does not disapoint. With the hilarious romantic tention between Nick and Jess, And Cece's wedding. It just gets better. If you liked the first season You'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab series, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Kooky and funny, I watched the antics on TV and thought I'd treat myself. The chemistry of Jess, Nick, Winston, Schmidt & Cece is great! Some of the situations are crazy far fetched but they make life interesting!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this for a friends birthday present, who is obsessed, New Girl just seems to be getting better! Would recommend this to anyone who wants to watch something light hearted, its got me hooked!

3.0 out of 5 stars I loved season 1 but was disappointed with the second one, 4 Feb. 2015
Redsgang (Nottinghamshire, England.) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

New Girl - Season 2 [DVD]
New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] by Zooey Deschanel (DVD - 2013)