4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Season
Published 13 months ago by Syriat

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so "legendary" now...
I thought How I Met Your Mother was the strongest American sitcom since Friends when it first came out but surprise surprise it has been overdone like most popular things! Season 8 is full of bizarre and unrealistic storylines plus towards the end it completely copies Friends with the characters making huge life changing decisions all at once! Although far fetched it's...
Published 12 months ago by Mr. Mj Bickle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Season, 18 May 2013
Syriat - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Having seen the entire series I think that I can honestly say this is a very mixed bag. The series doesn't start off well and the autumn of break-ups ejects Victoria far too quickly, her role in this season is criminally small. In fact it isn't until midway through the season that earlier season form returns. The two part Final Page brings humour, much needed story development (which is lacking up until that point) and direction. From that point on this is a good season and the Bro-Mitvah, PS I Love You and Weekend and Barney's are good points. Then we finally get to the finale and the mother of all endings to the season. Even if it doesn't finish how you expect at the beginning of the season.

How I Met Your Mother will return for one more season after this one. Rumours of its cancellation throughout this season showed how it is beginning to repeat itself a bit and lacks some of what made it stand out in earlier seasons. When it was renewed (finally) it regained direction and now the end is in sight (literally) its promising much. It still has the laughs, not so much of the commentary on relationships, dating or social interactions in general. However, its worth a watch and it really does pick up in the second half of the season.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last, 1 Oct 2013
witchygirl (North Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Having waited for How I Met Your Mother season 8 for a long time I was not disappointed. Although each story is different the cast are all the same and we are left feeling we know them. The series has altered over the years but I still find it very enjoyable even though some of the story lines are a little strange. I'd recommend this season to fans of HIMYM. Fingers crossed for season 9 being filmed very soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 8, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
One of my favorite series and one of my favorite season. It's always a pleasure to watch the adventure of these 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!!!, 26 May 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this show & had series 1 - 7 on dvd. I have now added this series 8 to my collection & am super happy about it. Only 1 more series (9) to go & I'll have them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, 19 May 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Great service would definitely recommend came when they said it would great product would definitely use them again for next order!

5.0 out of 5 stars HIMYM DVD, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Good seller, excellent speedy delivery, good value for money. This was an Christmas present for my other half and she was made up with this which in turn made me satisfied that i chose to purchase this from this seller on Amazon. Advise anyone to do the same. Considerably cheaper at the time than most of the stores.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best!, 14 Dec 2013
G. R. Patel (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
This series was the weakest, some episodes were good but there weren't many, it seems that it's a good thing that the next series is the last as I think it's definately come to the end of it's self life! Still it will go down as one of my favourite US comedy series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD]
How I Met Your Mother - Season 8 [DVD] by Josh Radnor (DVD - 2013)
11.25