4.0 out of 5 stars Great CPU, though go for the K model, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Intel Core I5-3570 Processor (3.40GHZ, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155) (Personal Computers)
This 3rd gen CPU is great, and now haswell (4th-gen) is out its great value too.

I'm upgrading from my laptops 'i7 1.7 GHz quad core' which is no slow beast, but this blows it away. I'm still waiting on a graphics card so cant comment on gaming side (GPU now installed, read update at bottom) , but one thing thats clear is the boot times are much faster. I simply took the solid state drive from laptop and put it into my PC and now it hardly even has time to finish animating the windows logo before it loads the login screen.

Its also comes with a 'intel i5' sticker, attached on the back of the booklet.

One thing disappointed me though, and thats the clarity of infomation about the graphics units that modern Intel processors accommodate.

I was in two minds on whether to get the 3570 or the 3570K(overclocking version), after many forums say the K version is just for overclocking i went with 3570. 8 cheaper, so why not. It was only later that i found the 3570 features a 'HD 2500' GPU built-in and the 3570K comes with a 'HD 4000' GPU. I believe the 4000 is about twice as powerful as the 'HD 2500'.

While it doesn't really affect me too much as i have a powerful separate GPU coming, people looking at these CPU/GPU hybrids to avoid buying a separate GPU might also miss this subtle difference, losing out on a significant graphical performance improvement.

The moral is, read the fine print even if its the same model lol.

Edit (07-2013): I have managed to run 'League of Legends' on the internal GPU (HD 2500) at 1080p. I got a good 30-40fps, though on low graphic settings.
Recommend lowering default fan speed of 'full on all the time', which is a bit loud. Auto speed lets it run quieter while not under heavy load.

Edit (08/2013): Got Battlefield 3 running. With everything on max (1980x1080) runs at an average of 90fps and just over 70C.
One thing i didn't like is the cooler the CPU comes with. When the CPU gets around 60-70C the cooler starts to work hard and makes a little buzzing sound. I guess its quiet enough for most, but i find that sort of thing annoying. I have since replaced it with a Noctua NH-U12S. Bit of an impulse buy, but its dead quiet and CPU hasn't gone over 60C now.

Edit (01/2014): Just an update to say the CPU is capable of running all the modern games of today. Had Battlefield 4 running with all on max. Titanfall is up next :)

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 9 Feb 2013
built my self a new pc with this beaut and well i game almost every day and it awesome. no complains although only been in use for a few weeks sooo.. hmmmm. try it.. i have

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable and fast, 16 Jan 2014
used for graphic design and can handle large photoshop files with ease, and has worked perfectly with my p8z77 mobo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Processor, 29 Sep 2013
Great i5 Processor, has no problem running high performance games, and it also comes with a fan, heatsink, and thermal paste applied! Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars top cpu for the price for gaming, 29 July 2013
i`m running it in the BitFenix ​​Prodigy Mini-ITX case with the evga mini itx stinger motherboard 8gb ddr3 600w micro psu ..EVGA GTX 670 FTW card and running it on the stock cooler temps are 40c idle
and running games like m.o.h warfighter 72c ..I was using the h60 in it but the pump failed ...:-( so used the stock cooler witch is working all good
so all in all it is a dam good cpu for the price if you don`t want to over-clock as i dont see the point in overcloking at the mo as all games are running fine its more about the gpu not the cpu these days...Happy Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Best by far for this price range`, 10 July 2013
Alan Hamilton (U.K) - See all my reviews
I looked at a lot of reviews and benchmarks and found this guy to be the best of the bunch had it about 3 weeks now and has handled everything I have thrown at it without breaking sweat I have world of warcraft running in ultra DX 11 and get around 96 fps nearly all the time skyrim runs at ultra as well and is butter smooth not sure what els I can say except unless you going to fork out for a realy top end cpu this guy is the best around at time of this review at least in terms of single core performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item. Exactly what its supposed to be., 2 May 2013
Its a great item and well worth the money. If you have the 2nd gen equivalent, then DONT upgrade, but if you have anything below it, then this will give you the speed boost you want. Item came soon, in minimal, but safe package. Works great, no complaints.

One thing i would like to point out is that the cooling compound on the heatsink is garbage, might as well be without and I would recommend, highly to buy a termal compound for ~3 pounds. (remove the old one first!). I had nearly 15 drop when i used a brand grease.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Mar 2013
D. Lacmane - See all my reviews
Using it now, and theres no problems at all, just want to know if a 'Intel i5' sticker is meant to come with the product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for non overclockers and gamers, 15 Dec 2012
great product for its price, anyone who doesnt want to over clock but also have a quad core system for games, this is reccomended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars dahm it lol, 14 Dec 2012
good service , fast dispatch but orded wrong version. I need the K version.
I will have to answer door and request they send it back.

ARRAY(0xb6da4ea0)