4.8 out of 5 stars1,178
Denomination: 50|Design Name: Christmas Globe|Change

on 24 January 2015
Other reviewers seem to have issues but I can only speak for myself in saying how efficiently this worked. The gift tin my voucher came in was good quality and looked very nice. It was a simple process to follow the instructions, to credit my Amazon account with the £50. I then shopped as normal and could decide at the point of paying, whether to go ahead and use this credit, or to uncheck the option box if I'd have preferred to use at a later date. There's no rush to use the gift voucher, as it didn't expire for about 10 years! I can't remember the exact time limit but am sure it was about that long. I put items from various sellers into my basket and my credit just came off the total. I think this was a fab Xmas present. I still had a gift to open Xmas day and had so many choices on Amazon, to treat myself to something I really wanted. I definitely recommend as a lovely looking and thoughtful gift.
on 22 November 2013
Great idea when you hit that brick wall what to get someone. The box adds the finishing touch. So good I got two.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 December 2013
If you think that finding car parking, paying dearly for it, tramping the High Street, locating and purchasing an item, returning to your home to wrap it, is an obligatory and necessary aspect of giving at Christmas, then this is not for you.

Your gift voucher arrives at your home in only a day or so, in an attractively wrapped box which just needs a tag attaching, and that's all.....other than a dent in your bank balance! Personally I would think that the gift receiver doesn't feel in the slightest done-down because the buying experience was pleasant and you didn't have to bust a gut to buy it.
on 14 October 2013
Always welcome by people of all ages, however there's no way of adding a message with it when having it posted direct to your loved ones or even saying who it's from. If you want to send it with a message you'll have to have it delivered home then have the added cost and time posting it on. Surely in the age of global warming it is kind to the planet if we can add a message, free of charge, via computer so that you can do the gift thing properly.
44 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2014
Perfect gift when you're stuck for ideas! Better than giving someone a gift card in an envelope! The pretty little gift box was smaller than I expected but it still looked good!
on 17 December 2013
Arrived quickly with the free 1 day delivery for all gift cards. Very nice small box, makes a change from the usual card version. Cant complain.
on 2 December 2013
When buying gifts for families overseas, an Amazon gift certificate is an ideal choice. At no extra cost, next day delivery is a plus!
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2012
The family were looking for a suitable 'thank you' Christmas gift for my wife's carer. A 'gift card in a box' seemed an excellent choice and earned me a great big hug and a kiss!

Several reviewers have commented adversely on the minimum amount of Amazon voucher but, in this case, it wasn't an issue. They offer a range of gift/greeting cards of various denominations from £10.00 upwards (or from £0.01 for email/print it yourself !) - see, for example, Amazon.co.uk Paper Gift Card.

My only minor criticism of the 'gift card in a box' is that (perhaps I didn't fill in the order properly) there apparently wasn't a prominent 'Don't open until Christmas' label on the parcel.

Probably me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 20th December 2012

Sylvia had no problem in using the gift card to place an order for a nest of tables. I watched her place the order and, unlike another reviewer's experience, the card number was immediately accepted without the slightest hassle.

Forget money, Amazon Gift cards REALLY work!
on 13 December 2013
A good way for people to choose their own present and comes in a lovely presentation box - no need to wrap
on 15 November 2013
Was bought as a gift, looked very nice and arrived on time. Nice touch with the quality of the gift box.