5.0 out of 5 stars Great present
If your partner loves reading, and mine does, then you can't fail with the gift of hours of reading of her own choice, especially since she can choose from a variety of cut-price deals all the time!
Published 15 months ago by Prof. Lachlan M. MacKinnon

1.0 out of 5 stars Card Received already used
Bought Card for Birthday present, recipient tried to make purchase on Amazon, but gift card would not complete transaction.
Contacted Amazon who stated card already used. A clear case of fraud as neither myself or the recipient has used it.
Published 22 months ago by Yak

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 5 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Call yourselves reviewers?? Seriously??, 13 Dec 2012
Paul Michael Ashall (Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I base most of my online purchasing decisions on customer reviews. Actually, to be more precise, I base most of my online purchasing decisions on AVERAGE customer reviews (I rarely bother to read the individual reviews). However, on this occasion I was intrigued to understand WHY/HOW-ON-EARTH an Amazon gift voucher could attract 13 negative (1 star) reviews on Amazon's own website. To be clear, what we're reviewing here is a GIFT VOUCHER IN A BOX. Amazon have obviously decided that in order to justify the cost of manufacturing a special box in which to house the gift voucher and also the cost of placing said gift voucher into said special box, the starting value of said gift vouchers should be £40. This probably provides the necessary margin of profit to justify the box manufacture and the gift voucher placement therein. This is understandable. This is NOT SOMETHING THAT ANYONE SHOULD BE GETTING THEIR KNICKERS IN A TWIST ABOUT. Yet almost ALL of the negative reviews have been written by people complaining that the STARTING PRICE of a gift voucher in a box is too high! What???????? If you want to purchase a gift voucher for a value of less than £40, there are many other options for doing so. This particular gift voucher, in a special little box, starts at £40. If you can't afford £40, BUY A DIFFERENT GIFT VOUCHER!!! Or take your business elsewhere. Do what you want... but don't waste your time (or mine) writing negative reviews, bitching about the STARTING PRICE OF A FLIPPING GIFT VOUCHER IN A BOX. If you want to buy a gift voucher in a box, stump up the money people. If you don't have £40 to spend on a gift voucher in a box, buy one that's NOT IN A BOX!!! What's wrong with you???

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb idea - a nicely presented box to better reflect the gift of a Voucher, 2 Dec 2012
I'm very impressed with the Amazon Gift Card box. Personally I have terrible taste and I would rather my loved ones pick out what they like rather then have to pretend to be pleased when I give them a rubbish gift like a spice rack, a collinder or the collected works of the Teletubbies. I have given Amazon vouchers previously but they always seem a little cheap and without thought when I've printed them off and shoved them in a card (I'm sure my family think I do them last minute...) These gift boxes are much nicer and can go under the tree, perfect! They also hopefully show a little more forethought from me and the simple gift box comes at no extra cost and with free delivery - how can I not be happy with that? A+ Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely idea, 1 Dec 2012
Doug "Doug" (York, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have been looking for a present to say Thank You, and while an Amazon gift card is a nice idea, the plastic card, email or paper versions just do not hit the spot for me.

Then I came across these.

What a super idea, the box is well made and has a very attractive bow, the gift card is held securely in place and is presented beautifully.

An excellent present solution.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Cards, 10 Dec 2012
How can you give this anything less than 5 stars, it is what it is: a gift card to the value you have chosen. Ignore all the low-rated reviews based on the fact that these are too expensive, as gift cards are available in £5 denominations from £10 - you just have to chose the Greeting Card option for lower values rather than the Gift Box!

1.0 out of 5 stars Card Received already used, 4 Mar 2013
Currently going through Dispute and contacting the Police and credit card company, Amazon reply with do you know the person who has used it only name given Lewis Illman no other details. No I do not if I did do you think I would of contacted you???
If you are going to buy a Gift Card I suggest using the email option as there is clearly a security breech with the postal version.
I've been a customer for years with Amazon and spent hundreds of pounds, after this dispute has been investigated I will take my business else where.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Box, 28 Nov 2013
It is a great idea to send Amazon vouchers as a gift and I like the fact that there are so many ways in which you can send them, my favourite way is the gift box, very nicely boxes and great to wrap up for a present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs 5* reviews, 15 Dec 2012
I wouldn't have bothered reviewing this, but the number of 1-star reviews don't do this product justice... So I'm giving it 5*

The box is very well presented, it's just a little bigger than the size of a credit card, with a credit-card sized gift card inside. The bow is a nice touch, and the box is easy to open.

Yes, there's a £40 minimum - not that it should matter, because you get all £40 back (well, whoever uses the gift voucher does, anyway), so what you are essentially getting here is a FREE credit-card sized gift-box. And it's tastefully done, that the recipient is appreciative of something a little more special than just a card or a emailed code.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good., 12 Mar 2013
I ordered gift card for friends Birthday, did not arrive on time. Another arrived, but did not work, when my friend input the card number.

1.0 out of 5 stars Card is great, customer service worst ever!, 26 Feb 2014
Bought the card as a birthday gift for a friend. Checked the delivery day before purchasing, said 3-5 working days, which was fine as his party was a week away. Sounds good, but from here started the downhill. AFTER paying for the card, i have noticed that, on the website, and in the confirmation e-mail the delivery date have changed to 5-7 working day, which was slim but still doable. When the 7th day passed, no sign of card-lot of discomfort coming up with something else as a present-rang amazon. It was, by then 10 days since i have placed the order. I was told that it is on the way, just have to wait! Not only they have changed the initial day, but they have failed to deliver within the longer time, and told me to sit tight and wait! All this in a kind of arrogant, bored and `another-one-on-the-phone-god-why-me` style. Not once anyone have said Sorry for being late!
From such big company would have expected something of better service, or at least the effort of trying to solve the problem. Wasn`t expecting anything for free, or keeping the card and getting my money back-as it happened with a €19 purchase that we got broken not from amazon-but at least something more than making me feel guilty and being nuisance.
Don`t think i will ever buy anything from amazon again.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Box - £50 (Black Globe)