5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be deceived by this entry level Blu-ray player!
The Panasonic DMP-BDT120 may be a basic model, but it's Performance is anything but basic both in terms of audio and visual picture quality.

Published on 2 Aug. 2012 by ALVIN PRITCHARD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bluray player but network/smart wise not impressed
I bought this device carefully because it had DLNA, MKV and XVID/DIVx support as most of my media were, but its also a bluray player (most media players are close to the same price as BD player).

Blurays played fast and fine, no issues here.

DLNA, its meant to be a standard - but through DLNA the only videos playable where MPEG, not MP4 and you can...
Published on 26 Jan. 2013 by I.A.Choudhury

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be deceived by this entry level Blu-ray player!, 2 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Panasonic DMP-BDT120 Black Smart Network Blu-ray Disc Player (Electronics)

This is a new model for 2012 so is bang up to date in the technology department. I have a good variety of Blu-ray DVD's and this machine played them all, not like my last 2008 model LG player that seemed to have a mind of it's own and only chose to play the ones it liked despite correctly installing the latest firmware into her!

If you use your head the Panasonic DMP-BDT120 is also available in multi region flavours from some retailers and will give you even more flexibility regarding the annoying (and stupid) region disc code restrictions.

This machine has everything a film buff could reasonably ask for by way of feature adjustments and it can of course be connected to the internet with all the benefit's what that brings these days.

This model even has a SD card slot as well as a USB slot and you can easily upgrade the figure of eight power lead if you wish as it is detachable and not of the annoying captive type.

Thank you Panasonic for giving us a big bang for our hard earned buck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic can do it!, 6 July 2012
Mr. G. McKee "Bruce Bruce" (Co. Fermanagh) - See all my reviews
When it comes to Audio/Visual Panasonic products generally do have that edge of quality.

Getting to visuals this player is brilliant I have 'Test Driven' it.

It produces images faithful to the source. I watched the movie 'Safe House' on Blu Ray projected onto a 106" Screen. Absolutely fantastic. Other brands have failed for me to produce the clarity, detail and dimension and overall waow factor.

The PHL 'Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory' technology implemented does the trick and I also view via a Panasonic projector. I believe they actually work with people in the Technical end of things in their demo room/lab with Hollywood boffins and even Directors to work towards their approval of images that their products can produce.

The Audio is also excellent and this doubles as a great CD Player as it's quick and responsive.

The networking is also great with Netflix and BBC iPlayer.

My test drive has led me to buy the BDT500 as it will suit my unit better and also look a little classier but the platform of technology is there and it's the higher model in the range.

It's hard to believe that this player is the entry model for Blu Ray/3D given how it performs exactly as claimed for about £115.

The BDT-120 is a budget yet full quality Panasonic product to get excited about. If you want a Blu Ray player with 3D Playback on a budget or not, don't consider any other brands IMO they won't cut the mustard like Panasonic!

Ps. It's claimed to be Wi-Fi with an additional Panasonic Dongle, however it worked right away and applied updates when my TP Ethernet Adapter (Homeplug) was plugged in (upstairs and wireless). It streams iPlayer and Netflix without any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars what i expected, 21 Aug. 2012
In looking for a DVD blue ray player, comparison sites were consulted to get to know those products that were highly regarded. In coming across this product and purchasing it, I have not been disappointed. It was easy to set up and use, and gives an excellent picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read the item description fully!, 16 Feb. 2013
yiddoboy (London England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this as a replacement for the mac hating Samsung BD-E6100 which replaced an old Panasonic bd75. Whilst being wifi compatible it comes at a cost. £40-£60. This is a far better player in terms of blu ray playback and sound quality than the samsung. I have not upgraded to 3d tv as yet so cannot comment on that aspect. Cosmetically a sleek black box looks really great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch!, 17 Mar. 2013
Bought this for my Dads X-Mas gift he loved it. Plus (in my case) it can play any region of DVDs (dvd region free, blu ray region locked to B)

Cannot fault this product, suits my needs and them some!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent machine, 5 Mar. 2013
I read most of the reviews, and a lot said there was a problem with the remote, I have experienced no problems whatsoever,
this machine does exactly what it is supposed to do, with excellent viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHAT IT SAYS, 27 Mar. 2013
Does what it says,crisp clear picture,simple to use.Simply and efficiantly packaged.Clear instructions.I would recommend this product to anyone wanting a straightforward player.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Panasonic DMP-BDT120 may be a basic model, 27 Nov. 2012
Great Player.Up grades standard DVDs to give them a new lease of life.I have to say it is better when used with a Panasonic TV then everythng is compatble.The Youtube app is great(just watched Diana Krall in concert from this app and the picture was very good(not brilliant but very good),this was done through a Lan connection and not Wi-Fi but the streaming was excellent and the same result through the BBC iplayer.I only have one Blu ray disc and that was fantastic.
To sum up I don't think you will get a better Blu Ray Player at this pricePanasonic DMP-BDT120 Black Smart Network Blu-ray Disc Player

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD 3D BLU RAY PLAYER, 16 Feb. 2013
Just set this up and these are my observations so far

I do not need smart tv side of it so only dealing with playback,usb and sd card slot

3D playback on my samsung 32" 6030 3d tv is amazing,really cristal clear picture,watched a 3d blu ray on ocean life and was surprised how far fish,dolfins etc came out of the screen and sound too is great, so no probs there

I was very pleased at first to find that it played my videos shot on my canon compact cameras SD card in the SD slot but then noticed it did'nt play sound,the same card in a reader played in USB port was the same NO Sound but the video picture was 1st class in both ,I am sure there must be something I am not doing or have not set up properly thats causing this (Any suggestion gratefully received).
will have to get in touch with panny helpline in the meantime.

I also found the remote very easy to use and navigation around the various areas so simple to follow , response time can sometimes be just a bit slow but nothing major.

I really like this unit and once the sound problem sorted I will be very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent budget player, 4 Jan. 2013
M. Eyre "Meyre" (Darlaston England) - See all my reviews
I bought this player in the sales and it only cost £73 plus postage, it replaces my elderly Sony blu ray player which seemed to be taking a long time to start playing the newer disks? Setting up was easy connecting it with a hard line internet connection hdmi and digital optical cable from my AV amp. Switched the player on and was impressed with the menu screen, logical and easy to select the many options available, initially I left the settings as was and put on my Prometheus blu ray and sat back to enjoy, the picture was very very good for such a basic player very well defined and accurate colouration on my Sony LCD tv, however when the dialogue started I was horrified about the distortion on the center speaker, it sounded like someone was speaking through a paper bag it was terrible! So, I went into the settings and tinkered, happily I discovered by turning off the secondary sound and selecting the setting which utilizes the original audio off the disk, boy what a difference, the sound is terrific now with acurate 3d placement which totally blows my old Sony player into oblivion!

Changed some other settings for the picture, the one I chose was the cinema setting, however I found this too dark and set it to the shipped setting (still going to play around though).
It has some useful net functions too like netflix I-player you tube etc etc, the remote has nice big buttons for the main disk control functions too, something my wife struggled with with the old Sony remote.

Unfortunately I do not have a 3D T.V so cannott comment on its abilities in that respect.

All in all I can not recommend this player highly enough, you get a lot of bang for your buck, even if you have to pay the full price!
Edit as of the 26th may 2013, it appears for some reason that the BBC i-player no longer recognises my player? Not sure why?
Edit on the edit! A firmware update has cured the problem with I-player.

Panasonic DMP-BDT120 Black Smart Network Blu-ray Disc Player