5.0 out of 5 stars Best football simulation game on the PS3
Best football simulation game on the PS3. Some say that this game is all about pace. It's not. I find people who say that are not very good at the game. Having won division 1 in seasons and ultimate team online with a record of 356 wins and 59 losses and also winning the champions league against legendary on career mode I have the pedigree to review this. I will just talk...
Published 6 months ago by Mr Hugh MacGregor

1.0 out of 5 stars Clunky Gameplay and Menu Lag
I bought this game after reading about the menu lag in Fifa 14 thinking that this should be better, but I was wrong. I had Fifa 11 before and the menus were slow to load on my PS3, but I got used to it. In this version it has become so bad it almost makes me want to give up editing my team. The selection won't move and then when it does it will be 2 places when you press...
Published 14 months ago by Matthew Bryant

‹ Previous | 1 2 356 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Stick with Fifa 12, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I didn't really enjoy this fifa as much as the previous version as defending was awful since it was switching between players that wasn't even close to the ball which allowed opposition clear runs on goal. the game was also very much based in speed & found out online you face the different people playing the same one way choosing real madrid & running at you with ronaldo. I did have fun online with friends playing Pro Clubs & Ultimate also career mode with also improved. probably would of stuck to fifa 12 if i knew fifa 13 would of been such a small improvement

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but no player manager? jings, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
Great game, very realistic and blah blah but as a fan and owner of every game since fifa international soccer on the megadrive I'm really quite gutted by this latest release. Where the hell is the player manager career option?? I live right royal in the sticks and my internet is not quick enough for playing online so the player manager was what i entertained myself with. Now you can be either a player or a manager? As a player yes its all very well being able to build yourself up from nothing and fight it out with the Rooney's and RVP's for a starting slot at Man Utd but when you're in the lineup from the 1st game of the season and never ever lose that position no matter how gash you play and no matter whether RVP will come on after the hour and grab a hattrick,the game kinda loses that challenge factor pretty quickly.

Because of the lack of player manager, i play fifa 12 with an update. Same game apart from the fact your players don't lose control of the ball in an insanely stupid matter.

Fifa 13 is really an update of fifa 12 with a much worse soundtrack, a ridiculous ' control the ball like you're blootered' patch and without the best gameplay mode if you don't have tinternet.

Thanks Fifa, Partners with the Porche 911 designers I'm sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best footy game. Ever., 18 May 2013
Road Apple "who brings the mustard?" (Mean Gene's Bar) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's no question anymore, FIFA is king when it comes to football games. Yes, Pro Evo pushes it close, but the endless options, leagues and players aside, the gameplay that FIFA now offers is, for me at least, the best out there.

As with any EA game, some of the music left me cold, and the menu screens need an overhaul (why do they keep getting this wrong?), but these are minor and personal issues that I can't justify taking any stars away for.

Until now, the most fun I'd had with a football was ISS for the Nintendo 64, maybe some 10-12 years ago. There was a game that was totally unrealistic, but tons of fun. FIFA 13 captures all the fun, but adds a level of realism that hasn't been seen before. The animation, ball physics, control, all impress and are without equal. As for the visuals, WOW! If you walk inot a room you could easily mistake this for a real game of footy, it's that good. I can't say mre than that, this game just looks incredible.

The gameplay takes some time to master, or even get reasonably good at. But it;s time well spent if you want to get the most of the experience. Before long you'll be taking on the best teams in the World and winning.

So, my review: The best football game ever.

3.0 out of 5 stars Incremental update, 2 Nov. 2012
R. Forse (Taunton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I've been playing this for a couple of weeks, mainly offline as I find the online play frustrating with the same old story of other players quitting the game when it's clear that they're in for a hiding! The DNF (did not finish) rating doesn't seem to help and this is something EA needs to address.

The main problem with this iteration is that it feels like Fifa 12.5. Last year had the defence overhaul and this version hasn't particularly improved on that. If anything, it is just as frustrating and in some ways makes the game less fun.

The difference in skill levels is still to vast with semi pro being too easy and professional being too difficult in many cases (unless you enjoy chasing shadows).

The differences between 12 and 13 just don't justify the expense. The changes could have been made with a patch (that could also have updated the squads for a smaller fee). When the big selling point is that defenders have a worse first touch that more skilful midfielders, you realise that EA have, in all likelihood, run out of ideas.

Take a year off EA. Come back with something special for Fifa 14.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bugs, bugs, bugs, 8 May 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is so full of bugs, it should never have been released! Yesterday, I decided to play a match. As expected, I had to wait for a patch to download since I hadn't played it for some time. After the patch had downloaded and installed, the game rebooted - and froze on the title screen! Audio just keeps looping. Alright, I restart everything and this time success. I then go through the menus, select a match...and another freeze - now on the pre-match screen!

This has happened so many times, I have had it with this game! Being a busy father of two small kids with very limited time to myself, I don't want to waste any of it on half finished software. And I sure as hell aren't going to pay a premium for it! This rubbish is going back to GameStop to salvage whatever money I can. EA, never again!

Lately EA has been building a reputation of delivering very buggy software. Search the web, you will find numerous users plagued by these problems. Spend your money on something else. Maybe Pro Evolution Soccer?

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse Game In FIFA Series!, 31 July 2013
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
FIFA 13 - Ultimate Edition (PS3)

This game is just a total failure. This game should have NOT been on the market!
There should be punishment for game developers/publishers that launch buggy games to the public and this game falls above 70% in terms of bugs/glitches.

The game is playable but with bugs/faults.

- Servers are unreliable
- Commentator voice comes after couple of minutes
- Players go missing that you purchase or when you open packs
- Last game I played, there was 3 goal keepers on the pitch!
- Random freeze
- Random disconnections which results to DNF (Did Not Finish).
- Gameplay is utter crap compared to FIFA 12.
- Referee decisions are just totally wrong
- The collision/impact engine is just retarded
...I can go on with the list

What's even worse is that if you have problems with your account and you contact EA then good luck! Not even worth contacting EA for support. Totally unreliable!

2.0 out of 5 stars Online Mode, 15 Nov. 2012
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
The online code that comes with the game in fifa is a total joke, there have been many people complaining through online forums that the code doesn't work, like my wasn't, which meant I couldn't play anyone online.

The work around suggested online did not work, I was forced to call playstation off my mobile phone (premium rate), then get told I had to call EA on another premium 15minutes later.

I called EA and they asked me to go on their website, then fill out a case form and only then would they provide a new online code. Only after I sent the case to them via their website and then had to call in again for my new code.

The whole process has left frustrated and upset that fifa think they can treat customers like that, I will move back pro evolution soccer, protests with your pocket.

NEVER AGAIN AND THE GAME ISNT EVEN THAT GOOD ANYWAY

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game but too many online play problems., 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
. OKI love this game when it allows me to play problem free online. I mostly play on ultimate team and online pro. Unfortunately it is more than just a frequent occurrence when I can't get into these modes. I will get a message telling me that my online information cannot be retrieved. It is not my broadband or anything else at my end and it is very frustrating. I also frequently get kicked out of ultimate team and online pro modes and cannot get back in until l have made several attempts. It has left me feeling ripped off and put me off buying another instalment. Frankly, I think ea won't care as they've cornered the market but it is a great with too many issues that can spoil the experience. I am also fed up with other online aggressive players who swear and are generally horrible, this really should be monitored because it can put people off playing online.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad online play ruins it for me, 23 Jan. 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I switched to Fifa three years ago, it seemed alot better than what Konami were offering, now my mind has changed again.

Fifa 13 showed promise to be very good this year but after playing it for hours now it's just so buggy and broken online all the modes are fustrating and no where near fun. The slightest bit of lag means you practically lose control of your team. I wrote this review to try and point out to people it is brilliant offline but online it's awful, andmost of it's modes are online.

Graphics etc are still very good, but gameplay is what I come for and Fifa this year brandishes a dire and untechnical view on what is supposed to be football.

3 stars and a lost Fifa 14 purchaser is what I award EA.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good game, shocking bugs, 11 Dec. 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
Let me start off by saying that the Fifa games have always been my favourite and I buy them every year without fail. This is the first year that I have been quite angry with EA. Yes, the game itself is great and very good when you get to play it. The new first touch system in particular has impressed me. HOWEVER, the constant crashes in manager mode are absolutely abysmal and I'm amazed this game has made it through any kind of testing process. It actually makes manager mode (the only mode I play) completely unplayable. It's clear that they have not tested it this year and I would go as far to say that EA should have charges brought against them for this game because it is fraud. An absolute disgrace. C'MON KONAMI, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 356 | Next ›

FIFA 13 (PS3)
FIFA 13 (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)