5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive as ever!!
I am relatively new to FIFA, as my experience only started a couple of years ago. Yet, I note that every time FIFA releases a newer version, certain critics just shoot it down with some horrendous reviews. I too have fallen into this trap since my first FIFA 11.

Published 20 months ago by Antoine Camilleri

3.0 out of 5 stars Just nice.
I happen to be a fan of the series but I'm always dissapointed with the career option. There are number of glitches and mistakes that I cannot prescribe right now, I just hope the next one fixes all these.
Published 8 months ago by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Just nice., 23 April 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Stick with Fifa 12, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I didn't really enjoy this fifa as much as the previous version as defending was awful since it was switching between players that wasn't even close to the ball which allowed opposition clear runs on goal. the game was also very much based in speed & found out online you face the different people playing the same one way choosing real madrid & running at you with ronaldo. I did have fun online with friends playing Pro Clubs & Ultimate also career mode with also improved. probably would of stuck to fifa 12 if i knew fifa 13 would of been such a small improvement

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive as ever!!, 25 April 2013
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)

Hence this late review... I now only use the PS3 to play FIFA even though I have a few games including Gran Turismo. And I have to admit that I was no football fan prior to playing FIFA, which might sound odd.

I do like this game, and because of it I have become quite a football fan. One major contributing factor is the commentary, which is implemented so well in the 13 version.

Gameplay is very good, even though my best division yet is 6 !!!! I do not know if certain users have hacked online gameplay, yet I am surprised that beyond division 6 most players seem to suck the ball from my players... If only vacuum cleaners were so effective LOL.

Now even though I used to win so many more matches in the FIFA 12, there's no going back. Maybe its the graphics, or the commentary which is so much better.

Whilst looking forward for future releases, I do think that FIFA 13 is a great game, with some nice tricks up its' sleeve.

1.0 out of 5 stars Manager Mode crashes ruin this game, 3 Nov 2012
JB (London, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
The game itself is great - I think it's very smooth, enjoyed playing through a couple of seasons on Manager mode and the transfer & youth systems are much better this year (not a massive fan of the online play anyway, too many people quitting halfway through the game...)

However, the game now crashes constantly when I open up manager mode. Every time I have to turn off the PS3 and spend 5 mins reloading, I'm now worried if it'll do permanent damage to my PS3 if it keeps happening.

Google these crashes and you'll see they're happening to everyone. It's just not acceptable to take people's money year in year out and expect customers to tolerate a half-finished game that hasn't been thoroughly tested. It's also not acceptable to basically ignore the fact it's happening and not respond to people's complaints.

1.0 out of 5 stars Career Mode Freeze, 19 Oct 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
Great game, but unplayable for me atm, due to game freezing so have to restart ps3. Have returned for another disk but same thing still happens.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
was bought as a present not had any complaints

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 July 2014
perfect

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I pretty much like the game except for Ultimate Team. You are constantly buying contracts for your players & the matches themselves are too hard if your team's not that good. I can't seem to save my coins for having to buy contracts all the time. If your teams not great then it's very hard to win a match, the AI are constantly taking the ball off you, they are faster than you, they always score from kicking long passes up the field. A lot of times my players away to shoot & he pulls up with an injury. It's too frustrating playing Ultimate Team so I won't be playing it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Clunky Gameplay and Menu Lag, 20 May 2014
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought this game after reading about the menu lag in Fifa 14 thinking that this should be better, but I was wrong. I had Fifa 11 before and the menus were slow to load on my PS3, but I got used to it. In this version it has become so bad it almost makes me want to give up editing my team. The selection won't move and then when it does it will be 2 places when you press once. It really is that bad.

The usual flaws return as well. Characters do odd things when the ball is loose at there feet. All the hitting of square in the world won't clear the ball when there's a slight obstruction. It's so frustrating when you're playing a close game. One of the worst feature to this game is how it is made more difficult as you increase the level. Not only does the CPU get much better, but you players get worse. It makes it extremely hard to increase the difficulty passed what you're used to because the leap can be vast.

Another pointless aspect is the simulate game option. I can only assume the coding behind this command is to produce a random result because that is exactly what happens. And why you can't make changes and substations during it is beyond me. Very poor.

The one saving grace to this game is the youth scout feature in career, but without a proper training simulator even this is half-arsed. I wouldn't be happy producing a game that barely makes any changes every year. There's so much scope for improvement this needs 1 star.

P.S. Character selection is still bad too - not so much in open play, but on set pieces it's awful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good soccer videogame, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
Nice graphics but some of the players do not look like the real ones. It has a lot of features. Very entertaining and adictive...

FIFA 13 (PS3)
FIFA 13 (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)