5.0 out of 5 stars To quote dean - "Awesome"
Published 11 months ago by AliB

3.0 out of 5 stars Same as usual
Season 8 clearly shows that the Story of the two brothers and the evil sprits has reached its summit previously. A new mix of events made out of bulding blocks that have been used in previous series guarantees to satisfy hardcore fans. Ambitous watchers need more than that. The tablets and the prophet hold the story together. The animosity between Sam and Dean starts to...
Published 10 months ago by MAC 5

5.0 out of 5 stars To quote dean - "Awesome", 3 Nov 2013
Delivered right on time and in perfect condition. It would have been nice to have an episode commentary from Jensen and Jared but even without that I'm more than happy with the season 8 DVD. Very happy to see a good length gag reel compared with season 7 and a good feature on Castiel. Season 8 has seen Supernatural back to it's best with great stories, rock music and the fabulous impala. I have to admit there are a couple of less good episodes (3 and 4) though I understand other people like them, so this is a matter of taste. I've tried to eke out the episodes I watch given that I have to wait for season 9 to come out on DVD in a years time, but I just had to keep watching until it was done. I was completely captivated and felt like my heart was ripped out and wrung out on more than one occasion (Thank you Jensen, Jared, Felicia and even Mark for that!!). Epic cliffhanger ending. The usual hilarious one-liners and gut wrenching choices that have you laughing out loud and screaming at the TV. Gonna have to watch it all over again, and again, and again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let the adventure begins, 3 Jan 2014
Season 8 marks a change of style, featuring episodes that focus on themes in Indiana Jones style. Lot of action, intrigue, new concepts and locations. And at the same time, a strong sense of continuity with all the existing mythology of the series. A great work with a truly exciting ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Improved since Season 7, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Supernatural - Season 8 Complete [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I am a loyal fan of Supernatural but I have to say that the show is not as good as it used to be. Since Kripke left there has been a few changes in leadership, which has definitely changed the tone of the show. Season 7 was the worst of all Seasons so far but Season 8 has definitely improved. I have hope that Season 9 will continue this progress of coming back to the show that it used to be. Overall, I still love this show and will continue watching it until they stop making it. Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester), Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) and Mischa Collins (Castiel) are still as fantastic as ever and make it well worth the watch. I miss Bobby and I wish they will bring him back in the near future. I recommend this to all Supernatural fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Supernatural Is Always Good!, 25 Feb 2014
I always watch Supernatural and this was a gift for my Wife. This series was great as always, so I'd always recommend this as each episode is like a Mini horror movie and you have to spot the in movie references that the two Winchester brothers speak about and don't forget to count how many blood splatters you can see throughout each series.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 years and still kicking butt!, 21 July 2014
I have loved Supernatural since the early days of season 1. Some friends of mine lost interest around the latter stages of season 5/early season 6. Whilst I would have to agree that the show did start to waver around that point I felt that season 7 upped the game. I enjoyed the whole Leviathan arc. It was then over a whole year before I watched season 8 for reasons I don't fully understand in hindsight! And I'm happy to report - what a season.

The stories are top notch with many strong tales (in fact I am struggling to think of any bad ones). The general idea behind this season is that our heroes discover there is a way to finally close the gates of hell which involves some lucky soul having to complete a series of trials. Now this been Supernatural that fortunate person has got to be Dean or Sam. And anyone who knows this show knows things aren't gonna end pleasantly. That's all ill say on that one.

We get a pleasing chance to see Bobby once more. Other highlights of mine include the boys meeting their grandfather and learning their original destiny - this is a game changer and the brothers soon acquire their own 'bat cave'. We get a tale where people are dying in the style of cartoon characters! Sounds wacky? - It is!

This show is still going strong. Bring on season 9!

5.0 out of 5 stars How could you not love Supernatural?, 18 Jan 2014
I am so glad that I have this DVD it was a great buy, as the shops were selling it double the price. it came pretty quick and was in good condition. So a great buy and I recommend buying it from Amazon.. can't wait to watch the boys in action. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the early seasons but still good, 27 Nov 2013
Jewels (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
They struggle to recapture the charm of the first few seasons, but it is all still very enjoyable and the boys are still HOT! What's not to like

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Season !!!! love the Winchester Boys, 18 Nov 2013
angela donoghue (DARWEN, Lancs, GB) - See all my reviews
Been a fan from the very start and it has never let me down and neither has season 8.The Winchester brothers are back, the second half of the season is supernatural at it's best. The season Finale has fantastic acting from Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester ( deserves a lot more credit). The series has for me always been about the brothers and this season did not disappoint, there is no denying the chemistry between Jared and Jensen as Sam and dean, and is back to it 's very best. This has to be a must see for any supernatural fan. Felicia Day brings a good element to the show as Charlie, see episode 'Larp and the real girl' and 'Pac-man fever'. The gag reel as always shows how much fun the actors have making the show. Bring on season 9 !!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Mar 2014
wendyL (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
Brilliant series we all love Dean..lol..Only my kids say I'm not allowed to cos my oldest son looks just like him :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great season!!, 26 Mar 2014
What an absolutely fantastic season! I cannot wait for season 9 as this finishes with such a bang as always but also got to love Sam and Dean, just drop dead gorgeous!

Supernatural - Season 8 Complete [Blu-ray] [Region Free]