5.0 out of 5 stars Received mine and its a MUST HAVE!!!!
I have owned the single DVDs for each series and collected as I went but decided to splash out on this 15th Anniversary Box Set. I received it yesterday and can honestly say it is money well spent. Not only does it come in a lovely presentation box but there are bundles of extras.

Published on 29 Sep 2009 by Best Crime Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to see in HD but......
Published 20 months ago by Mr. Andrew J. Dyett

5.0 out of 5 stars Received mine and its a MUST HAVE!!!!, 29 Sep 2009
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

1) All episodes are the extended US versions which means some people who have the single DVD versions won't have this.

2) Each Series box contains 4 single sided DVDs which is a major plus. Previously the series was put on double sided DVDs and the labelling wasn't very clear. Now you get 4 discs per series.

3) In addition to the episodes for each series you get extras on every single disc. I won't describe each one as they are listed on the Amazon product page. However, die hard Friends fans will be pleased to see that you get some great extras such as my favourites which are:-
Gag Reels from series 1-4 and 6-10 (not sure what happened to series 5)
Interactive Trivia game
An hour long behind the scenes documentary
The Friends stars thoughts as the final series comes to a close.

4) You also receive a nice Episode guide book. The book details each episode with a description and pictures. You also get an additional few pages at the back detailing some of the more famous props.

5) The DVDS come with Dutch and English subtitles.

My overall opinion is that this box set is well priced and an absolute must have. The box set isn't too bulky so fits nicely in with other DVDs and also looks particularly nice in its presentation box.

If you are a fan then order yourself one today....you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It!, 15 Feb 2006
By A Customer
Clearly, if you are a Friends fan, then this is the perfect product. There are a few things I should point out though. Season eight claims to have 'never before seen footage' - LIE! There is nothing different about those episodes and the original broadcast episodes. Also, season nine has shortened episodes. I don't know how many but I noticed it on 'The One In Barbados (Part 1 & 2). They have cut lots out making each of these episodes just over 20 minutes instead of the usual 22. This may not sound a lot but this is 10% of the original episode - GONE! However, I would say that not buying this product for the sake of 4 minutes is a bit picky so if you want it - BUY IT! ALSO, I got this for £129.99 on Amazon, so make sure your timing is right! If Amazon could afford to have it that cheap JUST BEFORE CHIRSTMAS then they could afford to have it that price again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to see in HD but......, 15 Nov 2012
Mr. Andrew J. Dyett "AJDYETT" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friends - The Complete Season 1-10 [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
It's great to see FRIENDS in HD and I have owned FRIENDS on VHS, then on DVD, then I got the EXTENDED DVD boxset now BLU RAY and the picture quality is great but i'm upset because the Blu Ray edition is NOT the extended versions that were released on DVD and I can not understand why. I love FRIENDS but I feel like I have been ripped off. I paid 50 for the EXTENDED DVD's which in my Blu Ray player had good picture quality and now i've paid 90 for this and I only got the original episodes with great quality.
Having FRIENDS in HD is fantastic but you get more for your money on DVD. I am lucky because I only paid 90 for this Blu Ray box set (AMAZON) but everywhere have now raised the price to 120.
I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying this becuase the picture is brilliant especially on season 1 but I wish I had saved my money and stuck with the 15th Anniversary Edition on DVD.
If the Blu Ray had the Extended episodes then this would have 5 Stars but because it hasn't 3 Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars The only F.R.I.E.N.D.S you'll ever need, 26 Oct 2009
I have the black box edition of this. I was impressed by that but unimpressed by the special features. I bought this for the additional features and am going to sell the Black box edition.
This edition of the Friends Box Set is brilliant. It's the best way of watching Friends. The extra features are brilliant for Friendsaholics.
This isn't much of a review. More me saying that this IS the best Friends box set out there. The Seasons are are inn better cases, single side disks, smaller all season box. In my opinion better box art. Full episodes the ones aired in America. Unseen parts in UK.
If you don't have the 10 season box set and are thinking of getting it. This is the best of the three money will buy you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 2 Jan 2005
Im a huge fan of Friends and as soon as the series finished on TV I was looking to buy the DVD boxsets. I stumbled across this boxset and I ordered it almost immediatly. Im not normally so impulsive, especially with large sums of money.

Im glad I did it, I could not be happier with it. The design of the box is excellent and it's presented very well. I watched all the 236 episodes in sequence and my love for friends has grown considerably. The story-lines are superb and hilarious. The acting never cease's to impress. A truly amazing sitcom.
I am not a huge fan of sitcoms but this one is miles above the rest. If you do like sitcoms this series is essential.
On the last disc there are several documentries and outtake reels which are very funny and informative. They are a must see for fans.
Whether you are a big fan or not I recommend you buy this boxset ASAP. You will not be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars good but not the real thing, 22 Nov 2007
Daisy Day "Daisy" (Leeds, England (at present)) - See all my reviews
It's friends. It's good, but it could be so much better. Why are we short changed? Why don't we get the uncut episodes that the US release gave us? Some of the funniest moments have been cut for length or content and we will never get to see them. They actually did away with the specially released uncut episodes that were released on individual DVDs for seasons 7 and 8. Am very disappointed. How many repackagings do we get before we see some real extras, some new scenes and single sided disks? This is nothing I haven't see before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best Friends boxset, 14 Oct 2009
A. Frost (London) - See all my reviews
I previously had a "red box" edition of Friends, but decided to replace the well worn-out discs with this new boxset - and surprisingly it is a HUGE improvement!

1) (the most important) Full versions of all episodes - the pilot seems to be the same (probably it wasn't cut for older boxsets), but starting from the episode #2 you will get at least 2-3 minutes of new material for every episode (and more than 5-6 minutes on some episodes in later seasons!)
It is amazing how many cuts my older boxset had - now I can see a dialogue between two characters and apparently they could cut out 2-3 phrases in the middle (for example the scene of Chandler breaking up with Janice for the first time lost several very funny bits). The final effect that the extended versions in the new boxset flow much better and there are no strange cuts anymore.

2) Commentaries on many episodes from the show creators.

3) Gag reels (except for season 5).

4) Single side discs with 6-7 episodes on each! And in normal plastic boxes, not in paper wrap.

5) Improved navigation - all discs and disc boxes have lists of episodes printed on them (it is an essential feature but my old boxset did not have that!).

6) Episodes split into 10 individual boxes, one per season ("red box" boxset unhelpfully split them into 6 paper packs, one per character).

In the end, I love this edition of "Friends". Good work WB!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great set but could be better, 29 Nov 2007
The look of this set is lovely. However I do find the fact that they are on double sided discs annoying as they are difficult to handle without getting finger prints all over them. They are also not numbered or labeled so you have no way of knowing which one is which without putting it into the DVD player. I am also missing the last 4 episodes of season 2 it appears to have 4 previous episodes in it's place. I am waiting on a answer from amazon on how it'll be resolved. Box set is well sized but would of like to seen more extras and actually get all the episodes. I hope it's just a bad batch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dude!!!, 27 Nov 2005
I can think of no better use of your money this X-mas!
If you know someone who is a Friends fan, or you are a fan yourself this is a fantastic purchase!! I bought it myself, and immediatley booked Mon & Tue off work to watch them all over a long weekend with my buddies etaing nothing but pizza, chips, and anything else you could get delivered...
Sure, i put on a few pounds, but i laughed them all off again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great case - shame about the extras!, 3 Sep 2005
By A Customer
Now don't get me wrong - it is great to have the entire collection of Friends all in a eye catching box with cute little doors. But I was more than a little disappointed with the lack of extras. It would have been nice if they added more deleted scenes and more documentaries and more new features. There is nothing on this set that I have not seen before on TV.
As this set is truly for the die hard fans of Friends, I think individual end of series interviews with the cast and writers would have been great. With the re-runs on C4 and E4 currently showing, it is possible to watch 4 different episodes every week day. So with that in mind, I believe a little more effort in the DVD content, to match the effort of those who designed the box would have made a super package.
The last series only had 18 episodes - the last disk in the set only contains the final double episode and therefore is not a double sided disk. I think this was a wasted opportunity - they could have added the cast interviews from Oprah for instance on this disk, fact files, trivia questions, music from the show (other than the theme tune, which shows up at least 9 times!). What happened to the Barbados special?
Basically this is a bit of a let down for the true and very loyal fans of this show. I gave 3 points: 1 for the packaging and 1 point for the fact that most of the DVDs are double sided and so saves on shelf space. The last point was given because it is in my opinion a great series. The DVDs will come into their own once the TV re-runs stop. However, Warner Bros. should stop exploiting fans of Friends with such a lame effort.

Friends -  The Complete Season 1-10 [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]