5.0 out of 5 stars The Real, Raw and Original Version
From the outset you realise this is not a sanitised West End version of this amazing rock opera but instead is a true raw collection of songs, missing at least one suggary song that was later added to the show to make it more accesible.
Great melodies, base lines and performances by mike D'Abo and (I think) a cameo by Gary Glitter, before he was famous then infamous,...
Published on 17 April 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars not like the 70's record
I bought this cd to remind me of the record we used to play in the 70's. none of the songs sounded similar to the double album,long since lost.
Published 8 months ago by chris h h

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
this is brilliant as described and well packaged brilliant thankyou i would rate you 100%.
good quality
very pleased
quick shipment
overall brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 7 Oct. 2012
G. McCann (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
I think JesusChrist Superstar is my very favourite musical of all time ( along with Les Miserables!) and I already have the cd's from both of the films made of it. So I wasn't too bothered about getting the latest remastered cd of the early 70's show. To be honest, I thought it would sound dated. Then I read through all of the reviews on this page and everyone saying how it is the best version etc. So I bought it and I am really pleased that I did :) I agree with you all, it is THE BEST and the singers are just awesome. I can't stop playing it! It has the raw, gritty edge to it that I love to hear in rock operas, and it doesn't in the least sound dated. In fact, I think it beats all the other more recent versions easily, and I now realise that they have 'sanitised' it too much - messed it around and lost the raw, pure rock sound of it. I think that Andrew Lloyd Webber should go back to the original version of it and have it performed in this way! A wonderful cd and best played at full volume :)

4.0 out of 5 stars jesuschristsuperstar, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
I have been using it as background for a series in "Jesus " it is ideal -it i still a clear recording and of course a new production is doing the rounds

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT'S GONNA GET. BUY IT! YOU'LL LOVE IT!, 7 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
Despite the VERY MINOR problems that various people have described, THIS ONE - THE 2012 RE-MASTER - is the BEST AVAILABLE JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR RECORDING AT THIS TIME. I have listened to it DOZENS OF TIMES for a week - now that I have a set that does not have manufacturing glitches - and the sound is FULL and PRESENT and ROBUST and, I repeat, ALTOGETHER THE BEST VERSION OF THE ORIGINAL BROWN CONCEPT ALBUM AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. And it does sound great the majority of the time. At times the vocals are so present that they sound as if they are coming from the room itself - not the sound system. THAT IS GOOD RE-MASTERING. This is the best available JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR recording on CD and according to the "liner notes" - due to various circumstances - this is as good as it's ever gonna get. If that is the case then it's not nearly as bleak as it might have been - this set will make you very happy. I am glad we have it! I am glad that is has been re-mastered and it is still a remarkably effective piece of musical theatre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories!, 19 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
No, not the Andrew Lloyd Webber song from Cats but memories of the Seventies when I used to play this LP (as it was then!) non-stop. Digitally mastered classic memories of some everlasting music - as fresh today as it was then - and the good times associated with the era.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Christ Superstar, 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
Excellent new digitalised CD. I had forgotten some of the tracks having not listened to my album for a long time. The CD was well packaged and arrived on time

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
The best recording of this fantastic musical! We've had the original vinyl for years and when the record player broke, we needed an update!

Perfect quality copy of the original 70's recording.

And the cheapest I could find around :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Careful with this..., 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
The logo may be the same as the Mel C/Tim Minchin production, but that's all. They are not involved here. Be clear about this before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I should have tried AMAZON first, 12 Aug. 2013
T. Fineran "anotherfinemess" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
Having lost my LP version of the recording I looked for quite a while for the recording on CD,this is the original and in my opinion of Jesus Christ Superstar.It has brought back many happy memories of the 70s.Many thanks.
Terry.F.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally I found it, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar (Audio CD)
Been looking for it all over the world, this "first edition". Found it, got it, and product in excellent condition. Ordering, communication and delivery just perfect and in good time.

Jesus Christ Superstar
Jesus Christ Superstar by Original Studio Cast (Audio CD - 2012)