3,055 Reviews
 (1,715)

1,710 of 1,772 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget
Having fun with my Kindle Fire - Great for reading, watching films/TV and listening to music. Great media consumption device. Browsing the web is easy and quick. The whole thing is just great to have on the table. So many films and shows to watch (I love horror movies and have been catching up on the old Black and white B movies)....

I have had problems with...
Published on 23 Nov 2012 by Fiale

1,541 of 1,636 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Shiny thing make it all better!
First impressions - the Kindle Fire is slightly heavier than I anticipated, but has a well made feel, with a smooth rubberised back and concealed on/off switch. The ereader has good resolution for static images, and vivid colours which make web browsing a pleasure. However, the default brightness setting was quite hard on my eyes and needed lowering when in an ebook,...
Published on 26 Oct 2012 by RM/TM

‹ Previous | 1107 108 109306 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product - but be warned, 27 Nov 2013
This is a great tablet for the price and appears to connect to the web better than my computer. It also has a good selection of apps to choose from (though not as many as apple) and keeps my 8 year old son entertained. You can also access music bought from Amazon easily via the cloud storage and you can stream love film and netflix onto it easily via the relevant apps (you might need to make sure you have unlimited broadband if you use these as my internet data use shot up after purchasing this).

However it does have a flaw that is worth noting - the parental controls do not allow you to hide what you have ordered from Amazon so my son is able to see what I have bought for him - if I am using the computer I need to write my password to view this information but this is not an option on the Kindle. Therefore if you want to keep a gift secret you would need another account or need to buy from a different shop - just something to bear in mind when buying Christmas or birthday presents. I can find all my previous purchases on the kindle device dating back to when you first joined Amazon (in my case 2000) so it isn't just limited to what you buy since you get the Kindle. Amazon have told me they can't change this which seems a bit of a faux pas as I thought the reason they were selling kindles cheap was to get people to buy stuff from Amazon.

On the positive side it has continued to work well after being 'looked after' by an 8 year old for a year so it seems fairly sturdy

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels brand new,, 26 Nov 2013
Looks and feels brand new, only issue is can't I connect to skygo or it would have been 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Nov 2013
So much better than I ever thought! Especially a refurb. No clue it wasn't brand new either. The apps are great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire, 25 Nov 2013
Dr. R. Jameson (Liverpool England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - With Special Offers [Previous Generation] (Electronics)
I was given this as a gift and already have a basic Kindle. This device has the advantage of obtaining local weather forecasts and access to your electronic mail account plus one can download music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used all the time, 25 Nov 2013
I love this and use it for everything and is handy to carry around or take abroad for my reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 25 Nov 2013
Very pleased with the item, exactly what I wanted, love using this to read and surf the net. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars My parents love it for reading and browsing, 24 Nov 2013
I bought this for my parents and they dont go a day without using it for browsing the internet or reading books :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, 24 Nov 2013
A Kindle Fire for £79, nothing more to say really. What a bargain. I am very pleased with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars kINDLE, 24 Nov 2013
Having used an ipad, found it sluggish but appears adequate for me at this point in time. Would prefer the ipad if I could afford it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Luxury Item., 24 Nov 2013
I just love my kindle, I never leave home without it. I have my Facebook, emails and books all in one place. I have purchased one for my husband and sister in law and who where both sceptical to begin with are now fully converted. A must have tablet which is excellent value for money.

‹ Previous | 1107 108 109306 | Next ›