4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful romance
I downloaded this last October and while looking around for something 'light' to read I found it had one really good review so I thought I'd give it a go and the review was right it's a lovely romance. The characters are great and not just Aeli and Pat but Joan, Luke and the whole town, I loved them all and it's told so beautifully.
I've noticed that at the moment...
Published 8 months ago by Deborah

Detective Patrick O'Neil has been seriously emotionally wounded in his past by a relationship gone bad. Aelissm Davis's fiancee was attempting to rape her but thankfully her friend, Adam, came to her rescue and actually killed her fiance. Apparently Adam had problems of his own because he has been stalking Aelissm for several months.

Aelissm's uncle is...
Published 5 months ago by Judge Tabor

2.0 out of 5 stars Hero/Heroine Both Victimized in Previous Relationships - Abuse/Near Rape/Stalked, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Aelissm's uncle is Patrick's supervisor and he believes it would be good for Patrick to get away so where better to send him than to Montana to protect Aelissm from "Adam The Stalker."

*Spoilers* This book is about some people who have some major problems: It seems the 6' 4" Patrick - detective and hunk of a man was physically and emotionally abused by his previous girlfriend - she was about 5' and weighed 85 lbs. soaking wet. She was so abusive, she wound up stabbing Patrick and charges were filed against her. She spent time in jail plus time with a bracelet on her leg. She's one angry witch. I find it difficult to have a lot of sympathy for Patrick as far as the physical abuse. I'm more understanding regarding the emotional abuse.

Aelissm is a very capable woman who seems to be able to take care of herself but has now become a victim - understandably so because of the near rape by her fiance and now the stalking situation.

Although Patrick and Aelissm are likeable enough, the story-line just didn't do it for me. Not much happens and when it does, the book is pretty much over. The stalker expresses his desire to be absolved of all his stalking and both Pat and Aelissm give him their blessing. When Pat's former girlfriend shows up with a knife and a gun to try and get Patrick and/or Aelissm, even though the police are present, she is let off the hook. This book is totally unrealistic. I skimmed through much of it. Not a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful romance, 12 April 2014
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I've noticed that at the moment there are 3 more books out in this series Summer Angel, Wild Angel and Twice Shy so I'll be checking them out.
If you're looking for a gentle, slow building romance then this could be worth checking out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book transported me to a beautiful and peaceful place, which after all is why I read, to escape the busy life. The characters are warm, loving, funny and loyal and the
storyline builds and intensifies so it never lulls. Thoroughly enjoyable and the only downside is that I now yearn for that life. Thank you to the author Suzie. your imagination has taken me from the rat race to the mountains and that is who I would recommend this book to, to all those who enjoy escaping our busy lives whilst reminding us what's important in the real world.

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice read, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This would be a good book to take on holiday as it's easy to pick up where you left off. Although the descriptive passages about the countryside scenery etc were really lovely I found that they didn't really add to the story so I tended to skip those parts. I think the ending might just be a teeny bit unrealistic however it's not supposed to be true to life. I liked that almost everyone ended up with what they wanted out of life and also there are follow up books about the other characters in the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, 14 Oct 2014
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I read some reviews and some were scathing, some amusing. I'm in the middle. I was sick of the terms honey and sweetheart half way through. I literally skipped pages of dialogue. I never felt Pat's angst enough to sympathize with him. The redemption of Adam was too impossibly perfect. It's an ambitious story but so so over the top that I laughed in disbelief in the end. Too M&B for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Experience a breath of fresh air with this lovely romance, 8 Aug 2012
Four and a half stars.

Montana is the perfect setting for this love match. The beautiful descriptions vividly depicted by the author make this a treat and provides a perfect backdrop for a budding romance between two troubled souls. Pat is a cop who has suffered a bad relationship. Aelissm is a strong and confident woman who has also been wounded by a past relationship and is currently being stalked by her former best friend. The two are brought together by Aelissm's uncle who wants her under constant protection, and Pat is just the right person for the job.

A great classic plot for a romance, and the log cabin in the snow covered woods of Montana the best place to start a budding romance.

This is a well written novel. I enjoyed the characters, including all the good folk who live in the small community. All were well rounded and added to the overall homey feel to the story.
I've only reneged on giving this one five stars because I did feel it was a little slow paced at the beginning and it took me the first few chapters to be thoroughly absorbed. But once I was, I read it in a couple of days.

A lovely read and I see there is another one in the series. Summer Angel. I just might give that one a whirl too.
Recommended.
CJ Kindle Book review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mountain Angel........an amazing start to a series, 2 Oct 2014
lonegunwoman (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A heart warming romance with believable characters set in a beautifully detailed setting in mountainous Montana and its inhabitants were you know your neighbors and enjoy their friendship. Over coming difficulties in their relationship Pat and Aeli draw strength in supporting each other and confront past partners. This being the first in a series it sets the scene for further novels. A easy read one which I enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Susie O'Connell brought the setting and characters to life. If this place existed I'd be booking a trip there right now. Never read anything of hers before but will be getting the rest of the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this and would like to read the rest of this writer's work.

Some similarities to Norah Roberts, a major plus as far as I'm concerned.

4.0 out of 5 stars New author for me, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I decided to try this author as it was free, enjoyed it and now have to read more in this series!

Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, Book 1)