5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !
Nothing better than going back to the past to forget the present for a while. Got to love books for allowing you to escape. And this lovely book will just grab you and lead you into its world so easily !

Published 23 months ago by Lorraine Versini

3.0 out of 5 stars A little escape
I haven't really read historical novels before so I can't really comment on how realistic the portrayal of the characters or period is. However it is a nice read and a good length - enough to get me to read the others in the series.
Published 20 months ago by Kiwimel76

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Wild One (The De Montforte Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

I really enjoyed it. The plot, the characters, I liked the mixture of romance and the little suspense, I liked the humour and all the feelings it raised in me.

The other ones are on my TBR. Can't wait to get to them :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 19 Jan 2013
I was gripped from the very beginning of this book and I stayed up until 3.30am to finish it! I was totally engrossed in the story of Gareth and Juliet. Gareth is a rakehell and leader of the Den of Debauchery, a group of fellow rakes who drink, gamble, sleep around and play pranks on just about anyone. On his way home one evening, Gareth comes across a stage coach being held up by highwaymen. Being his usual, impulsive self, he decides to help the poor victims and stop the robbery. He manages to do just that, but not before getting himself shot. Juliet, who was on the coach, looks after him whilst waiting for help, which comes in the form of the other members of Gareth's gang. They are taken to Blackheath, Gareth's ancestral home.

Juliet is from Boston, one of the colony's in America which is now at war with the Redcoats. She is travelling to Blackheath with her baby daughter to throw herself on the mercy of her dead fiance, Charles' family as he asked her to should anything happen to him. She doesn't realise until she is on her way there after Gareth is shot that the injured man in her arms is Charles' brother.

I won't go into anymore detail as I don't want to spoil the story for anyone, but what follows is a gripping and heartfelt romance between a woman torn between her feelings for two brothers, one living, one dead and a man who wants to prove that he isn't a useless wastrel, especially to the woman he has fallen in love with and his older brother.

Gareth is a flawed but lovable hero, he is kind, funny and compassionate but also strong, he knows how to fight! Juliet is a strong heroine and compliments Gareth perfectly and the passion between them sizzles! All of the characters are very well developed, even the secondary characters leap off the page, especially Lucien, Gareth's dark and manipulative older brother. I can't wait to read his story!

This is a great story, it has everything, humour, drama, sex, betrayal and I advise anyone who enjoys historical romance to buy it. I purchased the second book in the series before I had finished this one and can't wait to start reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 8 Nov 2012
Mrs. Jean H. Cook "Genieantics" (West Sussex. UK) - See all my reviews
A good story with some juicy reading, looking forward to reading others in the same `Monte` series, samples are great on Kindle as I dont waste time reading a book and discard it half way through

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy this even if it was £10! And yet it's free..., 27 Oct 2012
Wow! What an excellent book. I couldn't believe it's free! This book draws on your heart stings! I laughed, cried and cheered the hero. The characters had great depth. I automatically downloaded the other two brothers story. Would definitely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining!, 26 Oct 2012
My first read by this author and I have immediately purchased the next two! Down to earth, realistic dialogue and very funny in parts. Loved every minute of it just wished it had been longer.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little escape, 22 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like a good romance with a twist, predictabilty, or a happy ending then you'll like this one., 22 Jan 2013
I loved this book even though some parts were predictable i still had to carry on reading it. I now have to purchase the next 2 books as i need to know how the story pans out .

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wild One ~ Danelle Harmon - De Monteforte Series, 27 Dec 2012
A new author for me.

A definite 5 star read for this one. I have to admit that I did accidentally add it to my rubbish read pile without thinking too much .... I would most sincerely like to apologise to the authorise as it categorically did not reserve that rating ... gulp, I had mixed it up with another book title (which deserved a minus review!!!).

Well written, with a nice bit of smut, I loved it and can't wait to read the rest of her series and would urge you to give her a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wild One, 17 Jun 2014
Absolutely loved this story, I could not put this book down, I was so disappointed that the story ended...... but oh joy of joys book 2 follows on with the brothers story.

Would I recommend it ...... Oh a big fat yessssss

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, a lush read., 9 May 2014
First time I have read this author, and it won't be the last, loved it from start to finish.
Great love story, without slush, fell in love with the hero myself... very well written, and the story flows throughout, I loved it, can't wait to read the next book in the series.