5.0 out of 5 stars born and raised is incomparable
Published 22 months ago by Megs

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as good as his other stuff
Now I own basically the whole discography of John Mayers solo career, and out of all the albums he's released, this is by far my least favourite.

Continuum and Battle Studies were two amazing albums and it was always going to be ahead to top or even equal their quality, but this one did fail. Which was a terrible shame, but in all honesty if you are a fan of...
Published on 16 Aug 2012 by D Bagdi

5.0 out of 5 stars born and raised is incomparable, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Born And Raised (Audio CD)
no, i do not think born and raised is better then john mayers older albums. but i do not understand why it should be compared to them, it is completely different to his older stuff and i personally think it has more emotion and more honesty to it. all of john mayers albums to me are amazing, and this album is no different. this album is by no means better than say room for squares or continuum but it is a good deal more interesting. in this album we can clearly see where john mayer is in his life, the things he had wanted to do and the things he still does. the album itself reminds me of old people, old people who remember stuff and tell stories about things that happened a long time ago, as if they are that old that nothing else is going to really happen ever again. if you buy this album you will not regret it, i promise. (me and my friend listen to it when she comes over for macaroni cheese)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this album, 22 May 2012
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Born And Raised (Audio CD)
I got into John Mayer through one of my boys who is a huge fan. This album is well crafted and IMHO better than his earlier stuff. Several reviewers have compared this work to that of other artists and for my 2 penny's worth I get a sort of feel of Bob Dylan.

I enjoyed it more on CD than I did streaming on iTunes during the free preview. I think it demands to be heard on a full size hifi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Born And Raised, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Born And Raised (Audio CD)
Where this is nothing like his previous work the listener should keep an open mind as this piece of work is a HUGE breath of fresh air!.
It screams classic american down to earth none pretentous organic and timeless genius! very Allman brothers with a hint of Neil Young and the softer edge of the Black Crowes.
If you have ears that are not painted on this album will please and could well be a future classic. Sit back and ENJOY!!!!!!!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Born And Raised (Audio CD)
An excellent album. Probably Mayer's second best album to date. A real mellow tone underlines each track on the album. Each track on the album also has its own unique flavour and this album really is a joy to the ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the boring title, this a cracking album!, 23 May 2012
Levi Minett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born And Raised (Audio CD)
Having listened to all of John Mayers albums now, i can say that this is actaully musicaly very well put together. Its far away from Heaiver Things and Room For Squares, with only some minor comparisons to Continuum. But the music is very mature and has a raw feel to it, rather than over produced sounds of some of his earlier material. I wont love this like i love Heaiver Things, but i will love this for the fact that its far away from anything else he has composed. Grab this album and enjoy it for its differences.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, just leaving me wanting........, 24 May 2012
D. T. Walsh "DaveW" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born And Raised (Audio CD)
Been listening to the new cd since Monday, the more I listen the more I keep cross-referencing other cd's that own from the 70's. It's a very good cd, really well recorded, but just leaves me wanting!

Just wish he'd play more guitar (the boy can play) DAMN he's GOOD live........... Is a tour in the UK in the pipeline? He's in his element live...................

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Born & Raised (2LP)[VINYL] (Vinyl)
song writing at it's best not a bad track on the album, listen to the story telling especially 'Walt Grace'

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one my son introduced me to!, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Born and Raised (MP3 Download)
Great music, easy to listen to. Jon Mayer was introduced to me by my son - not sure who's more embarassed now that the old man likes the same music! This is a great album with a country feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it now, 30 May 2014
P. F. White "Paul" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born And Raised (Audio CD)
I've found that my favourite albums are ones I didn't think much of when I first played them. This is no exception. Didn't like it at first but persevered because I know John Mayer doesn't turn out trash. The more I played it the more I liked it. The lyrics and music are intelligent and sensitive. Whiskey whiskey whiskey makes me cry! Quality songwriting, quality performance. Buy it, play it, hate it, play it, like it, play it, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop playing it, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Born And Raised (Audio CD)
Bought this after getting tickets to see him at the O2. New to John Mayer. Absolutely love this album. It grows on you the more you play it. He has one of the best voices I've heard and his guitar playing is just wonderful. Best songs Speak for me, Something like Olivia, if I ever get around to living, whiskey, whiskey, whiskey, Queen of California.

Born and Raised