5.0 out of 5 stars Nothin' but a gooooood time!!!!
I saw this on the first showing on its opening day, I was 17 back in '87 and into hair metal in a big way, so this film was made for me featuring music from my rock idols Poison, David lee Roth & Def Leppard. Soundtrack is from the cast of the film so has a new twist but in true '80s metal style. This film rocks and so does the soundtrack!
Published on 19 Jun 2012 by Dave H

3.0 out of 5 stars If your expecting the real artist ,,, forget it
I was so made up with the music in this film , I just bought the cd , soon as i put it on thought brill , but but but ,,,, it wasnt the real artist singing , its Tom Cruise and the rest of the actors ,,, so beware if like me you buy it thinking its the real artists !!!!!
I,ve played this twice and have now thrown it away ....
Published 14 months ago by Sam Devon

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothin' but a gooooood time!!!!, 19 Jun 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
I have been to see the movie twice and totally love it, Tom Cruise is brilliant!! Might squeeze in a third visit soon, songs just brilliant, takes me back to my youth, bliss!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockin'hell! It's Rock-tastic!, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
I saw the film on opening night, came home, downloaded the soundtrack, been playing it in the car since, and now I want to see the film again! I WANNA ROCK!

I was a big metal fan in the eighties, but didn't think much of the big hair bands and power ballads at the time, but I've mellowed with age, as you do, and I really love this album. Tom cruise singing 'Wanted: Dead or Alive' is brilliant. If being a Hollywood superstar doesn't work out for him, he could always join a band. And Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand singing 'Can't Fight This Feeling' is comedy gold. See the movie first and you'll enjoy this soundtrack a lot more.

There's only one song on here that's utter pants (track 16 - you'll understand).

Being set in 1987, you'd think there'd be a vinyl edition. Here's hoping...

4.0 out of 5 stars Does not include original versions of the songs, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
I love this CD as much as I loved the movie, if not more but I wish that there were some of the original songs on here or perhaps a second CD with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
Just recently been to see the film and loved it! Highly recommend this CD as it has all of the good songs from the film (apart from that poppy song) if you loved the film you will love this cd!! My favourite song is the I wanna rock, very uplifting!

5.0 out of 5 stars FAN-TASTIC, 22 Jun 2012
J. Barlow "Shirley's biggest fan" (Wolverhampton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
Saw this on preview night with my friend (both in our swinging 60's). Absolutely loved every minute of this movie and can't wait to see it again soon. The soundtrack is amazing - I particularly like the mash-ups (2 songs fitted together).
Everyone had great voices and the atmosphere was electric - particularly when the very charismatic Tom Cruise strutted on (he would make a great rock star in real life). Also loved Russell Brand and his West Bromwich accent which was hilarious (just like Timothy Spall in Auf Weidersein Pet!!) The Can't Stop Believin' arena performance at the end of the film was superb (and far superior to Glee rendition).

Can't understand why the critics didn't give the film better reviews - it is absolutely fantastic (much better than the stage show)and so is the music on the soundtrack. Can't wait for the DVD to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this soundtrack!!!!, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
I watched the film in the cinema on saturday with my sister and daughter (i really don't reccommend anyone under 15/16 watch this as there are quite a few ranchy scenes) and we loved it! I loved the music and found that i was stopping myself from dancing and singing in my seat and Tom Cruise has a good voice!

I waited for today for this to be released just so i can order it! I am one of the biggest all things 80s fan ever!

Buy this soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack Review, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
Bought this for ourselves and watched it with our eldest (teenage) son who loved the 80s music theme. Cruise is fabulous. We ended up buying it for some relatives and also the soundtrack which our 3 kids all love to listen too.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'I LOVE ROCK'N'ROLL' PUT ANOTHER DIME IN THE JUKEBOX BABY', 28 Feb 2013
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
if ya' enjoy rock'n'roll you'll surely enjoy this foot-tapping feast of 'rock'
sounds from the musical of the same name.
with some really good covers of one or two classic's and a whole heap of new
material,i have to say watch the movie and own the 'CD' ( both great-stuff )
with tracks from among others, 'tom cruise' russell brand' and 'alec baldwin'
not to mention a grunt from wrestling-legend 'kevin nash' to boot.....i'm pretty
confident that if ya' enjoy 'rock' this is a must-own'

5.0 out of 5 stars totally rock-tastic!!, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Rock of Ages (Audio CD)
Watched the film on Saturday, pre-ordered the soundtrack on Sunday and received it today.....LOVE IT!! Agree with the previous reviews.... It's fair to say that Tom Cruise can hold a note!! Wanted Dead or Alive and Rock you like a hurricane - excellent.... Track 16 IS pants.....but just makes me giggle :-) .....

Total trip down memory lane - it's gonna be on repeat play in my car!! XX

Rock of Ages