5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one kids book this xmas..., 1 Nov. 2004
By A Customer
I bought this for my eight-year old son a few days ago and it has kept him quiet ever since! Full of facts (some useful and educational, some just downright hilarious) this should be as popular for kids as Schott's Miscellany is for adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Oct. 2006
I think this book is brilliant. It is the kind of book that makes you laugh every time you pick it up. The facts inside are actually quite interesting even if they are a bit pointless such as 'ten ways to annoy someone' and 'ten ways to annoy someone part 2'. Even though the book is called 'CHILDRENS miscellany', you cetainly don't have to be a child to get enjoy it. I strongly reccomend you pick up this book. It's a must have for any bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Children's Miscellany, 21 Nov. 2006
Tawny Owl6 "Tawny6" (Orpington, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is absolutely brilliant for kids !!! My son has hardly put it down since I bought it for him. It's jam packed with interesting facts and provides hours of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars actually got me to read soemthing factual!, 3 Dec. 2010
My mum bought this book for me and my sisters about 5 years ago now and ended up having to get us one each it caused so many problems. I'm now 18 and still find it funny to read and have discovered I use it as a reference books at times. While some of the information is useless (such as the 'the bell rang before I got here' excuss for being late to school - just won't work!), the international distress signals and different ways of making a fire have , I'm sure, got to come in handy at some point. I have already found things like the continents (my geographys dire) and the dinosaur extinction theories useful at school. And of course, I am still trying to find somewhere that will let me milk a cow after reading how to do it on page 12. Brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with useless information (interesting though) and hours of fun, 15 Aug. 2007
Darkmaster (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is great and provides hours of fun for children. It is worth reading as it has lots of weird facts and information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childrens Miscellany!, 12 Jun. 2012
(Chris's daughter, Mika) I love this book! I now have the whole series, and they are amazing! The facts are random, but essential to know if you want any fun in your life when you are bored!!! For example, a ducks quack doesn't echo, The greek and roman gods and words that are the same backwards (like Hannah)! It is great fun and really educational, too! I am 13, and I really enjoy reading it, so it can be for teens too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could' t want more!!!, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Children's Miscellany: Useless Information That's Essential to Know! (Kindle Edition)
For any lover of useless information that's essential to know, this book puts shame on all other books of mixed facts! I would recommend it to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Feb. 2013
Random info but great sometimes! Very good and funny. (_) f f y g t.v. f c f2f v g c

5.0 out of 5 stars good children's Kindle book, 2 Feb. 2013
My children had a good chortle over some of the stuff in here, and were keen to read lists of things from it to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny facts and information for all, 14 Jan. 2013
This ebook is packed with fun, interesting trivia about hundreds of topics. My daughter was delighted and read it from cover to cover.