Format: DVD|Change

on 6 October 2013
I had never seen Mickey preform live or never really took much notice of him. I was persuaded to attend his live show at Wembly last night. The guy was amazing. My face was literally in pain after the first of 2 acts he did. Cannot recommend him enough. Ill definetlty be attending more of his live shows. Buy it , you'll love it!!
on 22 April 2014
I've seen Micky live a few times and find him absolutely hilarious!! This DVD is a laugh a minute and I'm so glad I bought it as it has me laughing out loud ever time I watch it! Brilliant!!!!
on 21 May 2014
I've always liked Micky Flanagan but he doesn't seem to have moved on much. It's just more of the same cheeky Cockney persona padded out with Guardianista views
on 16 January 2014
Not as funny as his first tour, when I could not sit up for laughing.
Raised a few laughs, but definitely a dip in form for me.
on 24 January 2014
Laughter is the best medicine - Micky supplies loads of that throughout his show. His mannerisms can be compared to that of a modern day Max Wall (but not as mental as John Cleese). What a cheeky character Micky is. Yes his language can be a bit strong but he gets away with it. His observations about the ever changing social life of us all is incredible. He's definitely me favourite, with John Bishop a very close 2nd. Go on, buy the dvd, av a larf.
on 18 June 2015
The DVD itself is excellent. I was lucky enough to see this show live so it was great to watch it again as I had forgotten a lot of the jokes. The item was marked as used by the seller but I wasn't expecting the case to arrive with pieces hanging off it. The edges were so sharp I simply threw the case in the bin. I highly recommend this DVD especially if you liked his first one.
on 9 December 2013
Can't fault this guy - he is one of the most stand out comedians around at the min. His story telling and delivery are second to none and the hilarity of the situations he continues to come out with make this a face achingly funny second major release.

Keep at it Micky, it took 12 years of trying but you're finally getting the recognition you deserve. Pure class.
on 14 February 2014
I bought this for my partner as a Christmas present. We both loved (and still do) Micky's Out Out Tour and still reel off some of the running jokes in that DVD. But this one - well, it rather left us cold. Sadly, for us, there was not much to laugh about. We know Micky is a terrific comedian but this is not one of his better DVDs.
on 15 December 2013
Micky Flanagan is in familiar territory when he takes to the stage of the Empire Theatre, his swagger and delivery a sign he has honed his performance. There are a wide variety of topics to find comedy in, such as his techniques for stealing sandwiches from service stations, going out with his mates, medical examinations, his drinking and drug use as well as the more mundane things couples argue about and how his relationship with his parents affected his relationship with his son. There's fun to be had in the contrast between how men and women behave in each other's company.

The DVD has a run time of about 1:30 and he seems to have a smile on his face for most of the time. He is a physical, active comedian, spending a lot of the time moving back and forth on stage with the flow of his stories. He creates amusing characters from his life to illustrate the joke; turning his head to talk off stage, adopting a variety of accents, some of which are wobbly. He even sometimes transforms his body to become a different person, but then snaps back to his cockney roots to exaggerate the punch line. He definitely has skill being able to get so much laughter from something as simple as a limp and drag walk.

In terms of amusement the show is pretty funny throughout, with the bigger laughs peppered in between by fairly healthy levels of chuckling. Much of his humour is observational, and sometimes when you are not bursting out laughing, it's thought-provoking and strangely true. Some of the humour is more specific to his 1970s childhood and London, so not everyone can readily relate, but he brings his experiences to life and keeps the audience's attention throughout.

It's a good show about a man who came to fame later than others, and who compares the life he has now and his success, with his dysfunctional childhood.
on 26 September 2015
Have always found Micky very funny with his observational take on humour. Had never seen a full show of his until this was on TV recently. Since then I've bought all of his DVD'S and watched them as soon as they arrived.......Keep up with making your fans, hopefully some new ones too, laughing at your take on life!!!!