5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product
My 83 year old mother needed a replacement microwave after the timer knob on her Sharp had broken. We researched many and settled on the Daewoo. It arrived very promptly, in perfect condition and took minutes to set up. The cream colour matches the kitchen decoration and it's slightly retro look is very stylish.
The controls are simple to use and the display is very...
Published on 16 July 2012 by Mrs. Mary Morgan

1.0 out of 5 stars good looking microwave if it endangers you
DO NOT PURCHASE:-

Published 1 month ago by L WOODWARD

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 16 July 2012
The controls are simple to use and the display is very clear to see.
The interior light illuminates the food well as it cooks. The door opens by simply pulling the handle, which, though my Mother has weak arms, she can manage easily. The oven is also heavy enough to stay put on the work surface and not "walk forward" when she opens the door.
We are delighted with this microwave and at such a good price, we certainly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Jun 2012
We're very pleased with this product and the buying experience. The microwave works perfectly, looks great and is the ideal size. The package arrived promptly- no problems at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 2 Feb 2013
Looks good with the cream finish not the biggest of microwaves. Only one problem is you cannot fit a dinner plate inside otherwise very happy. Delivered very quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars good looking microwave if it endangers you, 31 Oct 2014
DO NOT PURCHASE:-

Both my original oven and the replacement oven have both caught fire within 2 weeks of delivery. Luckily, and on both occasions, my husband (who is a judge and who is now dealing with this matter) was in the kitchen to turn the oven off and put the fire out. Our 5 year old son was asleep upstairs and there is no doubt that the fire would have spread to the kitchen itself and to the house had my husband not been in the room.

Trading Standards are now investigating.

Daewoo initially denied that they had any knowledge of the issue (despite Amazon advising me that they had contacted Daewoo when the first oven caught fire in early October). However, after Daewoo's attention was drawn the numerous reports on Amazon of this model catching fire in precisely the same way (i.e. the seal between the door and the oven melting/failing and the microwaves then hitting directly onto metal) Daewoo now seem to be less sure whether they knew of the issue and will not confirm whether they knew about it or not.

Apparently, Daewoo's commercial manager will contact me on Monday. I do not know for what purpose as I have no intention of not progressing the matter with Trading Standards as this oven could cause a huge danger to people and/or property. It is quite outrageous that is still being sold.

Please, please read the other reviews. There is no point buying a relatively cheap, good looking microwave if it endangers you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave, 1 Aug 2010
The microwave is fabulous. Very retro, solidly built, and a talking point when friends come round!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my shiny red microwave !, 22 Nov 2010
I have to say I love this microwave ! I bought it to co-ordinate with my red Delonghi Toaster and kettle and it is a perfect match - oooh it looks so lovely! It is MUCH smaller than my previous microwave - it is exactly the right size for a large dinner plate ...I like to cook a whole chicken in my microwave and was concerned that the large bowl I use would not fit in ...it did..but not with the lid on so I have to pop clingfilm over it...not a problem. It is very powerful and is also the easiest microwave to use that I have ever had. It is a bit "tinny" but it does the job and looks good too , what more could you want ?

1.0 out of 5 stars Daewoo Micro Faulty, 3 Mar 2012
Love the style, price and features of this product so purchased for my kitchen that is under renovation. However although it had power ie.. it lit up and rotated it couldn't even warm a cup of water! Returning product was a simple process for which I am now awaiting a refund. I have other Daewoo products so will hopefully have better luck next time.Daewoo KOR6N9RR 20 litre 800 watt Touch Control Solo Microwave Oven, Red

1.0 out of 5 stars looks good, that's all, 12 Jan 2012
Like many others, I chose this microwave because it looked pretty good. I ignored the reviews warning of problems- to my cost. The microwave arrived just before Christmas, I used it maybe three times to reheat drinks and make porridge with no problem, the 4th time the drink was stone cold. I assumed I had pressed the wrong button, tried again and it heated fine. I had this problem of the machine not heating anything on and off for a week or so, until it stopped heating altogether.
Have had to phone Amazon for it to be collected and will wait for a refund as I don't want the same model again.Will pay more attention to the reviews in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant on all aspects, 1 Feb 2012
This is just a great buy - awesome look about it, good size with the 20litres and very easy to use.

For the price I think its a no-brainer, stylish and functional, what more could you want?!

I am a fan and I am glad I got it :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty but unable to return it!, 2 Aug 2013
When we found this it seemed like a great device as he had the retro look we were after. It failed after two months but Amazon will only accept a return within 30 days and Daewoo are as useless as a chocolate teapot. I have now called Daewoo support four times and they are still asking us to go back to Amazon... but Amazon will not allow me to return it.

If you would like a good looking Microwave that does not warm food then this is the device for you. Waste of money and will not be buying Daewoo again. Save your money and look elsewhere.