5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for The Signalman alone ...
In Hitch-Hiker terms, I suppose this is the fourth DVD of the James trilogy. The selection makes sense, as this volume gives you the three non M R James stories of the long occasional Christmas series. I can't comment on The Ice House or Stigma, as I can't remember whether I saw them on TV (I will have to wait until this volumeis actually released) , and my automatic...
Published on 29 May 2012 by Bob Sherunkle

3.0 out of 5 stars Time past
Its dated as far as ghost stories go, however the Signalman still holds sway. I might have remembered it as better, still will look for further dvds on this line
Published 5 months ago by Ronald P. Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Ghost Stories from the BBC: The Signalman / Stigma / The Ice House (DVD) (DVD)
I bought this for 'The Signalman' only so can't really comment on the other two - haven't watched them yet. I first saw this when it was shown on the BBC as a Christmas ghost story long before video/DVD. The transfer to DVD isn't brilliant by today's standards but it's all about story and the performance. I used to be a signalman myself in the 80's in a box located miles from anywhere and I can attest from personal experience that strange things happen (if only in your own mind) in the small hours of the morning and I was really glad the door had a lock on the inside :-).

3.0 out of 5 stars Time past, 11 Feb 2014
Ronald P. Hayes "ron" (england) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!! Very happy indeed., 21 Jun 2013
My dad had watched the stories previously and enjoyed them. I bought the DVD and gave it to my dad as a birthday pressy which he was over the moon with. DVD had no dysfunctional marks or scratches.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Stories, 29 April 2013
This DVD had three individual stories but was not as good as I had hoped, however, they were still watchable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Ghost Stories., 1 Feb 2013
Willma (Soutnh Wales, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
I saw these stories when they were first on the BBC, and thoroughly enjoyed them. As things in the supernatural programmes/films/books, have moved on since these were first shown, I was hoping that they weren't too 'creaky'. Must admit that I was pleasantly surprised that they still help my attention. I put them on when a friend came round for luch, as she is always interested in what books/dvds/cds I have bought since she was last here. As she is a lot younger than me, I though that she would find them boring, as they are not as fast paced as the more modern horror stories, but she enjoyed them very much.
I will have to look and see if there are more DVDs with the old BBC ghost stories, as I would like to get all of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Stories from the BBC, 20 Jan 2013
This was bought as a present and the recipient loved it.

Makes a great gift for those fascinated by unexplained happenings.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Stories from the BBC The Signalman / Stigma / The Ice house, 30 Oct 2013
I found this compilation of ghost stories abysmal, the acting poor, the story lines inane, a travesty for BBC Drama. i have usually found old BBC plays and films quite good even taking in the early days of films for TV adaption. the director should have been sacked on the spot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spooky, 17 Jan 2013
Xmas present for my son-in-law and specifically requested as he enjoyed the original showing. Haven't personally watched them but am assured they are good.

3.0 out of 5 stars bit dated!!!, 13 Feb 2013
jenny Cee (wimbledon london) - See all my reviews
It's amazing how things have dated on the TV and cinema screen. I remember seeing this years ago and thought I might like it again. It's quite scary but also predictable. Things change and improve unfortunately.

3.0 out of 5 stars these sort wouldnt be to expensive if only people wouldnt write about em on internet. to dvd., 18 Dec 2012
memories of there childhood. and why r they not on dvd yet. giving clues away. that u will pay alot for em. u with me.