Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 October 2012
I have really enjoyed The mystery of the Missing Money. We find the children, Joe and his two sisters, Sarah and Amy, in addition to Will, their new friend, hot on the search of some stolen money. But it has been so long ago, how could they find it when no one before them did?
I like this story because it is set in the 50's. No silly gadgets, the children have to rely on their wits alone. It figures the obligatory old ruins, the sea, the secret passage and the enigmatic figures seen through binoculars.
As much as I enjoyed the story, I deplore it was a short story. I wanted to give it 4.5 stars for this. It finished at about 70% (on my Kindle) of the story and the rest was the begining chapters of The Mystery of Smugglers Cove, which I have to say, is excellent (we read it first).
But you should not be disappointed if you buy it. It is for smaller children, maybe up to 10. Good English, no slang. I would recommend to read The Mystery of Smugglers Cove first, although not necessary but it does introduce the children and why they are living at Smugglers Cove.
on 25 March 2014
I love this book it is great I would recommend this book to lots of people mostly the people who love mystery books the author has written it in a way I can't really explain but it is really good seriously READ THIS BOOK !!!!!
on 18 March 2014
It was a great book and I have enjoyed it.It was really interesting. Every time I read a page I want to read more and more.I would recommend it to you if you like adventure story's. It is a lot like the famous five story's.
on 11 February 2014
I chose this rating because this book kept me on the edge of my
seat it was fab
Recommended to thrill seekers
I loved this book
I liked the description of how Joe was climbing up the Rocky wall!! :)
on 13 January 2015
This is an amazing book i could not get enough.It is utterly awe inspiring it kept me entertained frow cover to cover.
I would rate it at 99 out of 100.
I hope you continue to write these brilliant books.
on 17 January 2013
This book is full of cliff-hangers and very intresting. It is mostly aimed towards 8 year olds but is very good. The book is quite short and I give it a nine and a half out of ten review.
on 3 July 2012
I read and really enjoyed ‟The Mystery of Smugglers Cove‟ so I decided to buy this book. Yet another amazing story from Paul Moxham! A thrilling series - I can't wait to read the next.
on 21 July 2013
The book follows Joe and his friends in an adventure concernig some stolen money from years before.

The plot is very interesting - it's nice to have it set in the '50s! However, it's too short. The plot could be developed further and the characters could do with more description.
It is also a bit simple - more suited to 7-10 year-olds, as well as it being quite predictable.

Also, the thing that stood out the most for me is that the idea is copied from Enid Blyton's Famous Five and Secret Seven series.

Overall, an easy, short and enjoyable read best suited for younger readers.
on 10 December 2012
I chose 4 stars as I think it is a respectable rating. I believe for this story to achieve 5 stars it would need more character development. Good storyline overall, an enjoyable read!
on 26 December 2013
Very exciting book and I couldn't put it down! Looking forward to reading the other books in this series. A very enjoyable book and I would definitely recommend it to other readers.