on 28 July 2012
I bought the prequel as a 'freebie' and was immediately hooked on this assassin series against the backdrop of Mexican drug cartels, corruption and, obviously, assassinations. Not my usual genre, but on the strength of the prequel I bought book #1, quickly followed by #2 and this third (or fourth in reality). I have hugely enjoyed the stories, which have all been of an impressive standard - unusual in four books of the same series.

I would urge you to read in sequence and to try the prequal first. You will not be disappointed and I suspect you, like me, will then buy the next three as well.
on 22 March 2013
Another roller coaster of a read, El Rey is a cold bloodied killer but somehow I am on his side against the evil drug cartels as the story continues through each book in the series and I look forward to the next installment!
on 24 November 2013
As with the first books of the series, there is plenty of action. Russell Blake has taken a lot of time and effort to research the back ground to the books. The other book i can recommend is from the Jet series Jet International this is about a main female character.
on 16 January 2013
I'm almost sad this is the last in the series far. Superb characters and written in away you feel you are actually there in the story. Hope another book is written on the `el Ray` series as this is a character with a lot of meat on the bones left yet.
on 26 November 2012
Is this the best or is there more to come. This series is incredible, not a holiday read but as a fully fledged work of fiction. Don't skimp on the books make sure you read them in order and you will love it.
on 14 February 2013
Well I suppose you couldn't have the bad guys winning ALL the time (I would have liked it though)
We shall have to wait now to see what lays in store for El Rey in the next episode............
on 24 September 2013
Another cracker from Russell Blake with a well developed character.
He puts you right in the firing line and gives you the best view in the house. Creative brilliance.
on 3 December 2012
very good read i couldnt wait to get my head in the others and bought them within minutes of finishing the first. I would recommend these books to all my Military friends
on 2 November 2013
Excellent reading,cannot wait for the next book.Russell Blake is an Author on par with the likes of Michael Connelly,James Patterson and Lee Child,who I rate very highly.
on 14 January 2013
What a good follow up I hope to see many more like this
Let's see if the other books are as good as this