5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 Best Open World. Maybe Best Game Ever.
I was apprehensive to get this, I'd never got FC before. Honestly I'm so glad I did though, it's completely captivated me. It's without a doubt the best open world FPS out there and in my top 5 games ever!

Graphics are nice, but limited by current console hardware. The world is only rendered within a 1/2 mile radius of your character, the rest and the...
Published 22 months ago by Will W

3.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the jungle...
...We've got fun and games! It's very hard to put a rating on this game. It's my first time playing a FPS and there is so much i loved about Far Cry 3 but the bad/annoying stuff prevents me from giving it a top rating. The only way i can describe the good and bad points is to list them so here we go!

***Spoilers ahead (not much story wise but characters...
Published 26 days ago by S. Firth

‹ Previous | 130 31 3235 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is fantastic whether you like run and gun or playing stealth this game has it all. Would recommend this game to all people I know and have done and they agree its great fun. The multi-player is also fun not as much options as cod but still worth a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars farcry 3, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
good game it is very fun and violent, contains gambling and strong violence. peace of advise if you buy this game don't go swimming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!!, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I Do not often write reviews for games i buy but felt that i had to just say a little something about this game.
I had the original Farcry for PC Which at the time blew me away the open world and vivid island setting really made for a special game.
The second far cry was very disapointing i played it only once and found it boring and totally unlike what i had experienced before.
So when it came to the third my expectations were lowered but with the return to an island setting and my memories of the first i thought i would give the series one last chance.
How glad i was that i took the gamble. The world of farcry is just beautiful. Rich colours and textures with everything going on inbetween. i played the main mission and was very impressed with the character acting and storyline. But with this you had the open world aspect that could be explored as little or as much as you liked with a seemingly never ending source of things to do and see. From killing and skinning animals to liberating outposts either by stealth or all out attack, the options available too you are vast.
Overall an outstanding game that i will revisit again and again ( now how often does that happen)!!

10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Did I ever tell you the definition of Insanity?, 3 Jan 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Okay I'll let you in on a little secret, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again. Then repeating the process again and again. Stock up, Carve Goat Meat, Craft do a mission. Smack a dingo on the head, stock up, do a mission, discover.....repeat till your hearts content.....This is a grand game and could have been more, but it feels like i've done this before? Call of Duty but less restrictive....more freedom but more of the same.........This game is a good game. It's not the best game I have ever played but it is a good game. Doesnt offer much new but can be forgiven! Map Huge, Graphics are nice, Its good.

Great storyline, Anti Climax ending, unsatisfying conclusion to Antagonists, Dreamy eyed, Mystical, drug induced cutscenes full of blown out of proportion wizardry. Dont think I will be buying any story driven games for a while. Too many horror stories in the way they are written.Mass Effect *coughs*

No memorable characters to speak of anyways..Vaas maybe, not exactly a Bane, but hes good, The Main is a whiny 20 something. Sounds familiar, although his voice gets more serious as the story progresses...but it also gets funnier...like a tired malnourished teenager..Citra was created for teenage fanboys. Vaas was a great antagonist but his character has been done before. Gameplay is good but melee can be a bit clunky, guns are fairly realistic, you need to use ammo wisely. Realism wise this game does okay. Free Roam post game is mehhh. As an African myself, the accents are a joke, no one talks like that sorry, Polynesian, South African and New Zealand accents were okay. Nice to know all the NPC soldiers have STD's. Great.

I thought Id be rolling around a paradise island with some villagers or one of the characters in the game. Guess not. Do I wanna do some discovery???..nahhh, do I feel like skinning more sharks and blasting Tigers and Bears with a shotgun for their fur..nahhhhh...Now the games completed I dont feel obliged to do anything. Not even Multiplayer. I'm still seething from the crappy ending. Free Roam post game is a bit uninteresting. All ammo free? all gun free? ofcourse not, You need cheats for this one.

On the plus side you got a decent game that lets you do what you want. You cant fly planes but theres a Wing Suit and a Parachute yaaaay. Maybe you can jump off a mountain or something.

I bought this game without never playing any of the previous Far Cry's I thought It was a great adventure. Completed it in 6 days with lots of missions failed, because the flame throwing guy dressed as a welder couldnt be killed and died very hard I shot him with 80 bullets and sliced him 5 times "LOL" ridiculous....

The game is okay to pass time. Greatest game of all time??? mmmmm nahhhh....Unless your a big fanboy, I rather wait for Ubisofts Rainbow Six etc. This game was alright but I expected much much more!!!!! Especially from the story line towards the end and free roam after....Wheres the ability to fly planes and use that wing suit? Or join A.I friends to hang out or fight more rebels or go hunting? Longevity will lie in Multiplayer and discovering hidden ancient artefacts. If thats your thing. I dont have time for that.

Cant expect too much but decent game altogether at £22 pounds cant go wrong!! Great Adventure, some wtf moments and bobs definitely not your uncle on this one!

"Happy Hunting Eh"

ps: Michael Mando best be in Rainbow Six Patriots

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Amazing, 30 Dec 2012
Connor Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is by far the best far cry, I played 1 and 2 and I have to say this surpasses all my expectations, at £22!!!! this is amazing by far the best value I love playing this game, There is so much you can do and the story lines so far is amazing but I will not spoil it for anyone. This game gives endless hours of fun and I would recommend to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant go wrong with Farcry, 5 Nov 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars son happy, 18 Oct 2014
Good game

‹ Previous | 130 31 3235 | Next ›

Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Far Cry 3 (PS3) by Ubisoft (PlayStation 3)