5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good
Iv'e had several cameras now but I'm no expert and this is the best one Iv'e bought to date, very very easy to use and takes great pictures, very crisp, very clear even with a shaky hand... For the price I think it is exeptional value and a great little camera... Buy it!!
Published 18 months ago by Steve Rich

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but with some limitations
Published 8 months ago by crainneag

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pentax Optio LS465 Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD Screen (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing Pentax Updated Jan 2013, 27 Nov 2012
D. Wood (UK) - See all my reviews
I go through a lot of cameras at work needing to take many site pictures out in the wild. This will be about my 5th so I have plenty to compare it to.

The first thing you notice is how compact it is. Long and slender,I wear it on a belt pouch and you hardly know it is there.

The auto setting is all you really need. The camera picks up what is the optimum setting and displays it on the screen as as soon as you hold down the pre press photo button.

The Image quality is fantastic. I did a like for like comparison with my own camera Panasonic Lumix DMCTZ5 with a Leica lenz which I have for home use. Taking identical images. The Pentax gave much more vibrant colours and appeared crisper. Granted my Lumix is 10 Mega Pixels and the Pentax is 16 but mega pixels are not the be all and end all, you would have thought the lenz quality alone would have given better images on the Lumix but no.

General points:

Battery life is on par with other cameras. I have a spare just in-case.
There is little lag when pressing the shutter button.
The value for money is outstanding.

If you want them there are the usual mind mashing manual settings that most of us never use.

One of the best cameras I have owned to date. This one was for my partner this Christmas so we now will have one each.

Recommended

Update: After having used the camera for indoor pictures over Christmas in a gloomy room the camera did not perform so well giving grainy images under natural light with the flash not penetrating the gloom more than about 4 meters. This was on the wide screen setting, standard ratio was a lot better though. So I am knocking a star off. But I still think it is outstanding for out-door use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little camera., 30 May 2013
Amazing little camera for the price. Very straightforward and easy to use and in line with other Pentax digitals. I was impressed with just how good the video capture is.
Only problem I have found is focussing correctly when trying to take close-ups; camera shake becomes magnified and shots then become blurred - but maybe there is a feature I haven't found yet to help with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pentax camera, 6 Jun 2013
Mrs. Judith Foote (England) - See all my reviews
Excellent little camera. Very light but has a nice large screen. The photos have come out very clear. Arrived safely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera for the price, 4 May 2013
Rob Rymill (Ropley, Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Great little camera for the price. Have had to remove and reinsert the battery a couple of times to get it to work though.

Pic quality seems pretty good, colours are realistic and transfer speed to my computer was very quick.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but with some limitations, 24 Nov 2013
A handy camera to carry round, the 16Mp sensor allows high quality images if there is enough light. The battery life isn't as good as I would have hoped but seems to be better if the camera is more frequently used. The flash is powerful enough for most work. The macro function works well. It is advertised as having a spot meter but not of the type I am familiar with, what it does is to meter from the focusing region which can be large for area metering or small for spot metering. It supports focus and exposure lock with a two pressure release button. I have found that I can photograph backlit subjects by metering off grass and then recomposing the picture. The problem with that is that the focus also locks on the grass.

There is a shutter delay that makes it difficult to capture action but this is something that can be got used to.

As a light, easy and reliable way of recording trips etc I would recommend this camera as long as, especially if you are an experienced photographer, you are aware of its limitations.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not quick enough...., 25 May 2013
OK but not quick enough.... The point of this type of camera is to take quick snaps... This camera takes too long to come on, and then for it to actually focus is all rather hit and miss, results are marginally better than a phone camera. On the plus side it's small and good battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Present, 15 Dec 2012
Exactly what we wanted for mum, compact to fit in her bag, simple to use and very easy to charge viewing screen is very clear photo quality is good

5.0 out of 5 stars Pentax LS 465, 11 Jun 2013
Perfect for pocket and handbag. Easy to use with logical controls. Have a much loved Canon 450 which weighs a ton to just carry round so this is the best for me. Just wish the manual was printed out as the camera does all sorts of things I would like to experiment with, so will print myself. It is inexpensive and was delivered very quickly. Thanks. Have not tried it indoors yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera, 24 Mar 2014
D. Graves (Northampton) - See all my reviews
Bought for my grandaughter at Christmas. A good little camera and she has had no problems with it at all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›